Haitian Appreciation Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Thats a dope rendition though breh. Honestly we aint shyt. These geniuses wasted their time trying to buikd our future and inspire our youth but we ended up worse.
It lacks the grimey yet authentic central African feel of the original.

Yeah Eddy was always about that life. That's why he got banned and exiled when Cedras took power. This song and "pale pale" didn't sit well with the powers that be and the opposition was using it to galvanize the masses.

The guy from RAM got in trouble too for that song "fey" they released to the point they banned the song. Then allowed him to play it again just so they could arrest him when they performed it on stage. My aunt was there that night. She said dude hung onto the mic singing as the soldiers hauled him away. I didn't understand it at the time (I was a teenager) but later it made perfect sense what they are saying starting at the 2:26 Mark and why the opposition used to use that song to rile up the masses.

You don't get much of a vibe when listening to the studio version but when they play this shyt live... :banderas:
She barely has to say the words as the crowd will sing the shyt themselves while the band plays:blessed:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
It lacks the grimey yet authentic central African feel of the original.

Yeah Eddy was always about that life. That's why he got banned and exiled when Cedras took power. This song and "pale pale" didn't sit well with the powers that be and the opposition was using it to galvanize the masses.

The guy from RAM got in trouble too for that song "fey" they released to the point they banned the song. Then allowed him to play it again just so they could arrest him when they performed it on stage. My aunt was there that night. She said dude hung onto the mic singing as the soldiers hauled him away. I didn't understand it at the time (I was a teenager) but later it made perfect sense what they are saying starting at the 2:26 Mark and why the opposition used to use that song to rile up the masses.

You don't get much of a vibe when listening to the studio version but when they play this shyt live... :banderas:
She barely has to say the words as the crowd will sing the shyt themselves while the band plays:blessed:

Oh man. You brought memories. RAM shut it down at several festivals. Lunise was so young and pretty back then. I remember them taking life out of T Vice and people were just flocking over.

"Simetye plen moun oh" :wow:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Oh man. You brought memories. RAM shut it down at several festivals. Lunise was so young and pretty back then. I remember them taking life out of T Vice and people were just flocking over.

"Simetye plen moun oh" :wow:
I have a vid that I had posted on Instagram of them performing live and Lunise standing and this old Haitian dude who was deep in his 60s was in the front row rocking with her and she's reacting to him dancing with him from a distance. Classic shyt

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Canada wanted it to be one way.....
GrimMadeupKiwi-size_restricted.gif

......but it's the other way
UrbanWorld-017_smEDIT.jpg

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
The coach sucks. He needs to be sacked. Etienne is the best player on the team. So why benching him ? Like why?

Anyway I'm so hyped right now for my country. Tuesday night about to be lit.

:blessed: