Haitian Appreciation Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I cant stand you "sweet foods" loving mofos. Ya'll the same types that bury your meats in the sweet BBQ sauce. :scust:
Ya'll mamas should have swallowed ya'll :francis:
I know it's mostly and American thing since everything here, even breads and peanut butter, is loaded with sugar. But r any real Haitians when we ask for plantains dont bring us that sweet shyt unless we specify we want sweet plantains.

Besides growing up in Haiti there's always been a joke that sweet plantains is only for people with bad teeth. AKA old people
Even the old saying says "Dan pouri toujou gen fòs sou bannann mi" :heh:
It means "rotten teeth always feel strong against soft sweet plantains". It's a ways of saying "take one someone your ow size"
Dan m pa pouri men m prefere bannan mi ke bannan VET. :Skip:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'll make it even easier for you, @Get These Nets .

Check this out, yo Really simple test. Just Google the following terms separately:
  1. Maduros
  2. Fried plantains
  3. Tostones
  4. Patacones
  5. Bannann peze
You will notice that for the most part, the images from #3, #4, and #5 are the exact same images: Flattened fried green plantains. While images for #1 and #2 are the same respectively: Sweet fried soggy looking platains.
I honestly don't get how people love them sweet soggy shyts, personally :scust:
Just try it and see with your own eyes since most of you mainly believe Google :manny:
Nothing you've posted in this thread refutes my point that among Africans & diasporan Africans(and even among Spanish speaking people in this hemisphere who may or may not have African heritage)...that the default type of plaintain eaten is sweet.

That Haitians are in the minority among Caribbean cultures in how most of us select and eat plantain.That Haitians are in the minority among cultures in the Western Hemisphere in how we select & eat plantain.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Banann mi ka fet san l pa tounnen yon beny wi. Lotre jou m fel li te byen bon. M te mem gen foli fe manje Dominican jis kaske m fe recette yo a ki rele Mangu. Li pat pli mal non. Pa yo a fet ak Banna vert.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Nothing you've posted in this thread refutes my point that among Africans & diasporan Africans(and even among Spanish speaking people in this hemisphere who may or may not have African heritage)...that the default type of plaintain eaten is sweet.

That Haitians are in the minority among Caribbean cultures in how most of us select and eat plantain.That Haitians are in the minority among cultures in the Western Hemisphere in how we select & eat plantain.
I specifically said in Latin countries and French speaking Caribbean countries andi have you the specific names , doggy. You were saying default and Maduro. I have you the correct termS for it

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Haitian thickness @charleenforever
pG7uNC8.jpg

HkwTaTR.jpg

L24trKA.jpg

9VMm4x9.jpg

s50j9Qv.jpg

daAaWPZ.jpg

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Any of ya'll going to Miami for 18 Mai?

I havent been to it in a while. Want to but am supposed to meet up with tis little honey in Montreal for her little fest up there the week before. decisions, decisions...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any of ya'll going to Miami for 18 Mai?

I havent been to it in a while. Want to but am supposed to meet up with tis little honey in Montreal for her little fest up there the week before. decisions, decisions...
Ou pa mariye? :pachaha:

Seems like you stay talking about being somewhere different ready to meet up avek yon bagay.