Haitian Appreciation Thread

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I figures DRs would be the exception.

I think you can gauge cultures from the large ethnic enclaves that exist here. In the tri state alone.....you have perhaps the largest group of DRs outside of DR (Washington Heights)*....one of the largest groups of Haitians outside of Haiti (Flatbush area and parts of Brooklyn) and THE largest group of Costa Ricans outside of CR(Bound Brook,NJ). I've been to all three spots....and if you walked around just recodring audio in the main strips..you could convince people that you are in any of those home countries.

Little Haiti in Miami....for all intents and purposes might as well be Haiti....you could shoot VIDEO there and convince people that it's Haiti.and there's no food you could order that they wouldn't have.

I said in the Taco Bell thread about Cubans in Hialeah...what I'm sayin here....when an immigrant group has the numbers and makes up a majority of a certain area in America, you get a truer sense of what that culture/society is about...the good and the bad.

*Havent been to the Heights in years.....it was all DR back then, at least.
My old stomping grounds :wow:shoutout to my ticos

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
my parents been telling since i was a kid to buy property in Haiti:ehh:
might actually do it :blessed::blessed:
maybe a vacation house:ehh:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Little Haiti in Brooklyn has work to do. Haitians need to spice the place up like Little Haiti in Miami.

Seems like Haitians in Flatbush only care for their houses and job while Nostrand Ave looks like dark, gloomy and filled with nothing but Haitian barbershops and restaurants.

Gotta put some art on those buildings, add more nice looking nightlife Spots and cultural events out there.

shyt I’m studying chef creole menu since his ass don’t want to open up a chef creole in nyc. Not that chef creole is fully Haitian food anyway lol

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I find it weird that Haitians culture is embraced in Cuba while Cubans in America look down on Haitians.

It’s not weird to me. The white Cubans were in America long before Haitians and the way Haitians entered and the way the media spoke on them probably played a part. Plus as always when a new group enters a territory another group there already will look down on them.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
llol people always seem confused on what i am on this site, i'm Jamaican (black and little chinese thrown in) on my dad's side, roots from Aruba, Haiti, and Suriname (black, black, and more black) on my mom's.

Lol when I hear the word Suriname I don’t even think of the word black. Lol but that’s one country I need to explore and French Guyana

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Lol when I hear the word Suriname I don’t even think of the word black. Lol but that’s one country I need to explore and French Guyana
Suriname is like Guyana but even more diverse because of the Javanese and Maroons population there
French Guyana has a lot of whites too