Haitian Appreciation Thread

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Yeah but the ancestors want nothing to do with them. It should never be renamed hispaniola too (I dont even like to call it rename they just didnt respect it).

I mess with alot of haitian chicks and they slowly have put me up on game about what transpired between yall and the dominicans but real talk most of yall speak spanish too, and the ones that dont still speak a language derived from latin and we have more similarities than differences as west indians... from what I heard the haitians once controlled the whole island for a while, the a conflict popped off and I guess dr became independent? my platanos always tell me yall mistreated them but then my girl tells me thats a lie and propaganda :mjpls:

enlighten me on that

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mess with alot of haitian chicks and they slowly have put me up on game about what transpired between yall and the dominicans but real talk most of yall speak spanish too, and the ones that dont still speak a language derived from latin and we have more similarities than differences as west indians... from what I heard the haitians once controlled the whole island for a while, the a conflict popped off and I guess dr became independent? my platanos always tell me yall mistreated them but then my girl tells me thats a lie and propaganda :mjpls:

enlighten me on that
Ask @KidStranglehold .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:The downside of not knowing how to cook haitian food and being away from home leaves me craving for that shyt.

Luckily I'm hitting that ole restaurant tomorrow for some Poule en sauce, Bunun peze, diri avec pois :ohlawd:
I know how to cook some haitian food and me being a vegan makes it handy since I don't necessarily need to have my folks around to cook for me.

Daps
:mjcry:The downside of not knowing how to cook haitian food and being away from home leaves me craving for that shyt.

Luckily I'm hitting that ole restaurant tomorrow for some Poule en sauce, Bunun peze, diri avec pois :ohlawd:

I was told theres a haitian community building in ATL, I even know a few people that moved down there, whats the scoop?

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I was told theres a haitian community building in ATL, I even know a few people that moved down there, whats the scoop?
There are a few Haitians churches out here, I was raised in proabably the biggest one here in Atlanta. Outside of that, I don't know about a Haitian community. Everyone is dispersed everywhere all around the state.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
any reason why youre vegan?

You know thats blasphemy in haitian culture:mjpls:
When I was like 18 years ago I went vegan because I used to be overweight and chubby so I started to eliminate meat and meat byproducts from my diet for health and personal reasons. I then did a full body cleanse which made me lose a lot of weight and since then I just decided to roll with it since I didn't want to get fat again nor have health problems later on in life. I'm 25 now and still feel and look like I'm 16.

Back when I became vegan it was kind of a shock with my folks and all despite them seeing the benefits of it appearance wise for me. I went through a big change when I was 18. I pretty much stopped going to leglize :mjlol:, I started to grow my hair out and went vegan. Nowadays mostly everyone that was opposed by my choices seem to have shifted a little. Most of them only try to be vegan for like a day or two though :mjlol:. "M pap manje vien anpil kounya map fe diet".

They'll be looking at someone else eating fatty food like fries and burgers on some ":usure: Ou konnen manje sa yo pa bon pou ou lefini ou rete wap plede manje yo... Bamn goute sa :patrice:".

My parents and other family members often cook food for me when they're making w/e and 'veganize' it and they often come to me when they ask for products that's good for their health. :yeshrug:

All in all I still eat haitian style food since it's pretty easy to make traditional haitian food vegan. I still be throwin down on some Maimoulan ak pwoi kole or some legume ak saucepwoi noir and shyt. :heh:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

enlighten me on that
They always try to overwrite history. check they history

When i get to my computer I will put it in retrospect

But I wanst talking about them but the spaniards and the west didn't respect it

To them the motherland aint Africa like we like to put

Daps
There are a few Haitians churches out here, I was raised in proabably the biggest one here in Atlanta. Outside of that, I don't know about a Haitian community. Everyone is dispersed everywhere all around the state.

As far as Haitians, churches decree the community so that means there is breh (i dont mean like a concentrated neighborhood). Nice to know, cause im thinking of moving there in the next 3-5.

Were going to have problems though if theres no restaurants/bakeries though:patrice:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
As far as Haitians, churches decree the community so that means there is breh (i dont mean like a concentrated neighborhood). Nice to know, cause im thinking of moving there in the next 3-5.

Were going to have problems though if theres no restaurants/bakeries though:patrice:
Haitian restaurants never last for some reason lol. But the one I'm going to tomorrow is more of a lounge at night times, but they are open for lunch, it's supposeldy top notch. And I got mixed up on what you meant about community. When I hear that I think of the concentrated areas of certain demographics.

Mexicans have their areas, Asians have their areas, gays have their area :laugh:

Daps
When I was like 18 years ago I went vegan because I used to be overweight and chubby so I started to eliminate meat and meat byproducts from my diet for health and personal reasons. I then did a full body cleanse which made me lose a lot of weight and since then I just decided to roll with it since I didn't want to get fat again nor have health problems later on in life. I'm 25 now and still feel and look like I'm 16.

Back when I became vegan it was kind of a shock with my folks and all despite them seeing the benefits of it appearance wise for me. I went through a big change when I was 18. I pretty much stopped going to leglize :mjlol:, I started to grow my hair out and went vegan. Nowadays mostly everyone that was opposed by my choices seem to have shifted a little. My parents and other family members often cook food for me when they're making w/e and 'veganize' it and they often come to me when they ask for products that's good for their health. :yeshrug:

ah you went hipster

playing though if its good for your health do you. Keep in mind also its about proportions you dont need to give it up just get into an exercising lifestyle and limit the griot and pate. From my experience our people do not develop disease, they stay strong well into their 80s/90s.

Its that american processed food thats the devil.

idk how you do it breh, haitian cuisine is something in my soul:ohlawd:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ah you went hipster

playing though if its good for your health do you. Keep in mind also its about proportions you dont need to give it up just get into an exercising lifestyle and limit the griot and pate. From my experience our people do not develop disease, they stay strong well into their 80s/90s.

Its that american processed food thats the devil.

idk how you do it breh, haitian cuisine is something in my soul:ohlawd:
Lol I grew dreads breh.

I pretty much gave up meat and dairy since I started to see how it isn't that good to our health when consumed often. I know people say portions and balance is key but let's be frank we be eating vien bef and poule with processed foods daily. I agree the processed food up here is what's making us sick like that.

It's nothing if you have it every now and then but that Maagi which is loaded with MSG, white rice and canola oil with large amounts of non organic meat daily is something else.

I don't feel deprived though as I still eat regular haitian food all the time. If you saw some of the plates I be eating you'd swear it wasn't vegan.
This was what I had for thanksgiving last year.
jDohr5pSWNKC1.jpg

I even had mock turkey cutlet on the side next to the banan peze and some salad. shyt was :ohlawd:

Daps
Lol I grew dreads breh.

I pretty much gave up meat and dairy since I started to see how it isn't that good to our health when consumed often. I know people say portions and balance is key but let's be frank we be eating vien bef and poule with processed foods daily. I agree the processed food up here is what's making us sick like that.

It's nothing if you have it every now and then but that Maagi which is loaded with MSG, white rice and canola oil with large amounts of non organic meat daily is something else.

I don't feel deprived though as I still eat regular haitian food all the time. If you saw some of the plates I be eating you'd swear it wasn't vegan.
This was what I had for thanksgiving last year.
jDohr5pSWNKC1.jpg

I even had mock turkey cutlet on the side next to the banan peze and some salad. shyt was :ohlawd:

That plate looks delicious.

Ever thought about just doing white meat chicken and fish or just fish? Gets you the protein you need and its healthy cuts.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
They always try to overwrite history. check they history

When i get to my computer I will put it in retrospect

But I wanst talking about them but the spaniards and the west didn't respect it

To them the motherland aint Africa like we like to put
Haitians ended slvaery in DR but were brutal so the Dominicans fought for independence