Haitian Appreciation Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That plate looks delicious.

Ever thought about just doing white meat chicken and fish or just fish? Gets you the protein you need and its healthy cuts.
Nah I'm pretty much done with meat. I don't think I'll eat meat again ever :yeshrug:
As far as protein goes, there's plenty of protein in what I eat. There's protein in lots of different nuts, seeds, grains and beans that makes it a non issue. Protein isn't an issue when you do veganism right.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Miami-Dade County Commission elects first Haitian-American chairman

dadecommish10wmm.JPG

http://www.local10.com/news/miamidade-commission-elects-first-haitianamerican-chairman/29903928
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. -
History was made Monday in Miami-Dade County as commissioners elected the county's first Haitian-American chairman.

Jean Monestime was recently re-elected commissioner, and unanimously won the chairmanship Monday after Commissioner Audrey Edmonson, seconded Monestime for chairman, even though she was nominated for the position as well.

The position of chair on the commission is a very powerful one, as this is a person who sets the agenda for what comes before the board. Monestime was emotional as he spoke to his colleagues.

"(The position) which would allow me to work hard with you. So that this experience shows how we will allow our diversity to strengthen our community instead of divide us," said Monestime.

Monestime takes on his new role as chairman Jan. 1.

Jean Monestime
jean_monestime.jpg
Commissioner Jean Monestime believes that there is no greater gift than the gift of service to others. Mr. Monestime was first elected on November 2, 2010. After 30 years as a resident of Miami-Dade County, he became the first Haitian-American to ever serve on the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners.

Commissioner Monestime is President of Jacob – Monestime & Associates, LLC, a full service real estate and Insurance company located in North Miami. He is also a small business consultant, and works part-time as an Adjunct Professor of Management at the University of Phoenix, South Florida Campus. During the previous eight years, he was President and CEO of MJM Capital Realty, Inc.

He has served as a member of the African-American NON-GROUP Coalition, HAAP, NAACP, National Black MBA Association, Haitian-American Grassroots Coalition, Turner Tech High School Academy of Finance Board, HAPAC, Little Haiti Optimist Club, and HAHS. Mr. Monestime also served on the Governor’s Haiti Advisory Group and the University and Community Zone Schools Advisory Committee for the Miami-Dade County School Board.

Commissioner Monestime is a former Miami-Dade public school teacher. He has been a member of Eden SDA Church since 1981. He has served the church as Youth Director, Music and Choir director and First Elder (church leader). He has lectured, presented dozens of seminars, and has been a guest on several radio and TV programs on issues relating to Community Leadership, Business and financial matters, local government and Civism. Jean Monestime has been an advocate for equal justice and economic development.

Mr. Monestime obtained his MBA from the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business & Entrepreneurship at Nova Southeastern University. He also received a bachelor’s degree in Finance from Florida International University. He has been the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions. Jean, his wife Kettia and their two sons, Darnell & Clarence are long-time residents of Miami-Dade.

Last edited:

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol I grew dreads breh.

I pretty much gave up meat and dairy since I started to see how it isn't that good to our health when consumed often. I know people say portions and balance is key but let's be frank we be eating vien bef and poule with processed foods daily. I agree the processed food up here is what's making us sick like that.

It's nothing if you have it every now and then but that Maagi which is loaded with MSG, white rice and canola oil with large amounts of non organic meat daily is something else.

I don't feel deprived though as I still eat regular haitian food all the time. If you saw some of the plates I be eating you'd swear it wasn't vegan.
This was what I had for thanksgiving last year.
jDohr5pSWNKC1.jpg

I even had mock turkey cutlet on the side next to the banan peze and some salad. shyt was :ohlawd:

nice plate breh

i had the banan peze with the di ri ak jonjon and salad and turkey....i don't fukk with the potato salad though. one year that shyt fukked me all up in haiti

had me blowing up on the side of the road going to jacmel :scust: