Haitian Appreciation Thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:russ: Yo it's this asian grocery store run by some chinese cats around my town and these dudes in there know how to speak Kreyol. I be laughing at how they speak it so casually.
There are plenty of Chinese in haiti. have you been to Petion-Ville, lately?

I also have a white cuban homeboy named Mike i used to work with. Looking at homie you'd swear he was white scandinavian or something but his parents are actually cuban.

Anyway, ne speaks better kreyol than 99% of you haitian cats that were born here. He barely has an accent when he speaks it. shyt always blew my mind how he mastered the language. He lives in Kendall and mostly hangs out with them Haitian brehs at FIU and eventually learned the language.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are plenty of Chinese in haiti. have you been to Petion-Ville, lately?

I also have a white cuban homeboy named Mike i used to work with. Looking at homie you'd swear he was white scandinavian or something but his parents are actually cuban.

Anyway, ne speaks better kreyol than 99% of you haitian cats that were born here. He barely has an accent when he speaks it. shyt always blew my mind how he mastered the language. He lives in Kendall and mostly hangs out with them Haitian brehs at FIU and eventually learned the language.
Never been there, I haven't been to haiti since i was a kid.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps

:stylin:

edit - It's a French Antillean band playing Haitian Konpa, since that's pretty much all they played before the rise of Zouk.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents were born in Haiti.

I dont speak Creole.

Everyone looks at me like :wtf: "why dont you speak it?"

Parents never forced me too :manny:

Once im done with my masters, I wanna learn creole and spanish

I got the same situation, hate how my Haitians like to bring this up and make it seem disgrace to my people :to:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
My parents were born in Haiti. I dont speak Creole. Everyone looks at me like :wtf: "why dont you speak it?"
Parents never forced me too :manny:

Once im done with my masters, I wanna learn creole and spanish
:smh:
I cant blame you if you were not around that many haitians to speak to but your parents shouldnt have to FORCE you to learn.

It's like some of you went out of your way to not learn it because you didnt think it was cool and now regretting it. My homeboy Mike is white and speaks creole better than most most foreign born haitians and he learned from just hanging out with haitians

Mia Love; Haitian Mormon Republican who ran for Congress.
mia_love_picture.jpg
That hair :datazz: Those teeth :noah: By the way shes married to a cac, I heard thats common among Haitian women.

Going interracial isn't a big deal to Haitians from what I've seen.
The hatred between black and white that exist in american culture have never existed in haitian culture. Yeah we have discrimination too among white mullato haitians and blacks but it's not on the same level.

I was listening to Talk of The Nation on NPR, they did a segment on interracial relationships. A Haitian lady called the show and said her parents told her, and her sister not to date black American men:ohhh: It seems its a common sentiment among Carribean blacks, but I could be wrong.
Haitians tend to view americans as what we call "mal eduke/mal elve" which basically means rude and lacking manners. It's just a cultural divide where certain things are misinterpreted. Also black americans used to mistreat Haitians back in the day so we dont forget our persecutors. Hell Im black and white americans treated me with more kindness than black americans did when i first moved here.

I got the same situation, hate how my Haitians like to bring this up and make it seem disgrace to my people :to:
Do something about it: LEARN the fukking language. It's a damn shame how i know whites and cubans who speak creole better than a lot of kids born to haitian parents. It's like some of you went out of your way to not learn it because you didnt think it was cool and now regretting it. My homeboy Mike is white and speaks creole better than most most foreign born haitians and he learned from just hanging out with haitians

Map lage yon konpa weekend sa nam machine mwen :ohlawd:
You going to the Caribbean Carnival in ATL this weekend?

Last edited: