Haitian Appreciation Thread

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My mom forces me to eat this soup joumou thing. Every New Years she gives this to me. Had no idea it was a 'Haitian' thing. Thought it was just her craziness.
it's the first meal our ancestors ate when the war was over and after killing all these cacs.
On 1 January 1804, Dessalines, the new leader under the dictatorial 1801 constitution, declared Haiti a free republic in the name of the Haitian people,[32] which was followed by the massacre of the remaining whites.[33] Dessalines' secretary Boisrond-Tonnerre stated, "For our declaration of independence, we should have the skin of a white man for parchment, his skull for an inkwell, his blood for ink, and a bayonet for a pen!"[34] Haiti was the first independent nation in Latin America, the first post-colonial independent black-led nation in the world, and the only nation whose independence was gained as part of a successful slave rebellion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution#Free_republic

today might be messed up, let's not bury our heads in the sand but in 1804 it was black excellence :wow:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
man, madanm lan akouche. Ti bebe nana berceau epui tout moun Haiti. Pa gen soup joumou pou mwen jodi a :to:

maman, kote w ye ? Voye yon bol soup pou mwen pa Cam transfer :sadbron: S'il vous plait, cherie, voye l express :sadcam:

Daps
On 1 January 1804, Dessalines, the new leader under the dictatorial 1801 constitution, declared Haiti a free republic in the name of the Haitian people,[32] which was followed by the massacre of the remaining whites.[33]Dessalines' secretary Boisrond-Tonnerrestated, "For our declaration of independence, we should have the skin of a white man for parchment, his skull for an inkwell, his blood for ink, and a bayonet for a pen!"[34] Haiti was the first independent nation in Latin America, the first post-colonial independent black-led nation in the world, and the only nation whose independence was gained as part of a successful slave rebellion.

:whew:

Jesus Christ the ether was strong:ohlawd:

Forget black people, what people on the face of this earth can declare an Ether so strong against evil cacs:whew:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
getting some patties with the cremas instead. Wife made me some cremas

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
will post pics.

Pate hareng/morue with the kola choucoune mixed with cremas :wow:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Damn I want some cremas now I ain't have that in a while.

I had like 3 bottles and some haitian rhum raisin cake she made before giving birth to our little angel. Mixing that cremas with the Kola couronne though breh :wow:. SOme times I d throw blueberries in there too

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
@Fatboi1 @Intruder v3.0 @Turbulent @obarth @dabestkeptsecret

Seems like we managed to make it a good day so far :wow:

cremas, pate morue and soup

ou1rlw.jpg

the champagneand the banana soda (first time in 10 years)

2nrkolj.jpg

TNH live from Haiti in the living room showing the 210th indepenbdance ceremony :wow:
wji2pv.jpg

Happy Independance day brehs :salute:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
:blessed:

Bout to go out and find me a bottle of cola lacaye right now. Damn shame the one Haitian restaurant in this area closed.....