"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
it sickens me that we go for it on 4th and whatever most the year and sometimes not even deep in the redzone yet this particular game,with a trip to the SB on the line,defense playing dominate football,we decided to be conservative and soft. fukk you MM,fukk you.
Fat fukk I'm telling you that last 3-0 i knew it breh I felt it in my stomach .

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I'm not making no damn thread for this team right now. Me and @FAH1223 were talking on Twitter, and decided to come here and rant a bit.

*Warning, may be a bit long, so I apologize in advance*

Brehs, I'm still FURIOUS with this loss, with the way we lost on Sunday. I've come to the conclusion that there is something fundamentally wrong with our team, and it all goes back to MM. I know many of us really didn't care for MM before that miraculous 2010 run, and that Super Bowl kind of let him off the hook. Well, I think it's time to raise some questions again about he and the staff.

There's no way a professional football team, good enough to make a Conference Championship Game should lose a game like we did on Sunday. It's inexcusable. The only takeaway(s) you can point to are 1. you just aren't that good, or 2. you have some serious problems. I think this team is good. I won't watch the Super Bowl for the simple fact that I KNOW we're better than both of the teams playing in it. So if our team is good, we clearly have some problems.

I said leading up to the game that I thought we'd "go after Sherman" because MM and ARod "aren't the types to be scared". Well, I was wrong. Kicking both of those field goals in the first quarter is Exhibit A. of a coach "coaching scared". You can "but you have to take the points" all you want but it's 2014 (now 2015), and you're not beating very many GOOD football teams kicking field goals. We just tried to beat a VERY GOOD, maybe GREAT football team simply by kicking field goals, and while it almost (and SHOULD HAVE) worked, we got bit right in the ass.

--I read an article (which I now can't find) where someone charted all the 4th and goal from the 1" situations early in the game, and the teams that kicked field goals lost far more than both the teams that went and converted, and went and failed. Do you realize that if we go for the TD both times, and only convert once, that we're not having this conversation?

Besides that fact, MM (and ARod to be fair) called a pretty conservative game. Rodgers wasn't at his best, but there are situations that you just have to trust the best QB in the game to make a play or 2. ARod was asked about his ability to change plays late in the game (RE: when we kept running into punts), and he kind of danced around the question. So I don't know if he wanted to avoid any blame, or avoid throwing his coach under the bus, but whatever the case, when THAT defense is stuffing the box expecting a run, then maybe the MVP of the league should be allowed (or take it upon himself) to throw to one of his 2 pro bowl WRs, or going after a guy that couldn't use his right arm. Yes, Sherman is damn good, but come on man, you're telling me that Jordy or Davante couldn't take advantage of a guy that couldn't use his damn right arm? The whole fourth quarter was a clinic in how to coach/play scared.

Other coaching gaffes? How do you have a team that has that much trouble moving the ball (and in turn scoring points), lineup for a field goal, and you NOT beat the possibility of a fake into the 11 guys on the FG unit? Seriously? Between that and Bostick, I honestly think Shawn Slocum will lose his job. Also, the main culprit on the fake field goal? None other than BRAD fukkING JONES. Do you realize that they (Seattle) were only gonna fake it if Brad Jones lined up on the left side? Think about that: other teams (and this came from JON RYAN, THEIR fukkING PUNTER) are so aware of how awful Jones is, that they had a fake fukking field goal ready to go provided he lined up in the right spot. If he didn't line up on the left side, they were gonna take a delay, and just kick the field goal. Like the missed points in the first quarter, those 4 points were the difference in the ballgame.

And how about what happened leading up to that field goal attempt. 2nd and 30. 3rd and 19. What do we do? Our defense had been bringing pressure and getting to Wilson all game, so naturally Dom goes with the stupid, hated, never should be ran 3-man rush. Couldn't believe it man. Naturally they get the first down, leading to that fake field goal for TD. I refuse to talk down on the defense, as they were the best unit on the field on Sunday, but man did Dom pick a bad time to go with the 3-man rush. Once again, coaching scared.

Then you have Burnett going to the ground on that pick (thanks to Julius Peppers), when it appears that he could've probably SCORED on the return. Then there's Bostick fukking up on the onside kick, himself admitting he should've been blocking (kudos to him though, as he stood and faced all the heat like a man. You won't catch me shytting on him because of how he handled himself in the aftermath). Then there's Clinton-Dix looking like he was chasing butterflies at what could be considered (due to what followed) the biggest moment of the game. Seriously, how does he not stop that 2-point conversion? Again, those 2 points were the difference. Then the final drive. Am I the only one that felt that we were playing for a field goal at the end, instead of trying to win the game? Just seemed like there was no urgency. Aikman praised ARod for not calling a TO and keeping the Seattle D on their heels, but at the same time, we had all 3 TOs, and the only one we used was at 14 seconds to stop the clock after not converting on 3rd down. Again, coaching scared.

Brehs, I honestly don't think that we can get back to the Super Bowl, let alone win it in our current state. I said above, and I truly believe that *ON THE FIELD* we're better than both Seattle and New England, but our coaching staff is severely outmatched. I would say that losing on Sunday is a good thing, because we probably would've won it all had we beat Seattle, and MM would've been a guaranteed lifer, but at the same time, MM is TT's guy, and he's not going anywhere as long as TT is here, so it really doesn't matter. We're stuck with what we have, and to me, that's just not a good thing. We have no killer instinct. No desire, or ability, to finish a game. And I have no clue what happened to our Red Zone/Goal Line offense, but it has been awful ever since the Patriots game. I always assumed that we were gonna figure it out, but we never did, and it cost us a damn Super Bowl.

I know most of the beat guys, and the big NFL writers think we're nuts for even entertaining the thought of a coaching change, and it's clearly not gonna happen, but I just can't, in my heart, trust this team anymore in it's current state. We have the players, and you can't convince me we don't, but we keep coming up short. Again, that goes back to coaching. Starting to sound like a broken record.

Edit: Yeah, I went long, so I put in Spoiler tags so as not to take up a ton of space.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I feel for you GB fans breh, I really do. If my team lost like that last night I don't know if I could ever be the same. So many what ifs for you guys and everyone had to go the wrong way for us to win.
I appreciate y'all Seattle fans for not talking shyt, or trying to rub salt in the wound. Y'all been real :salute:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I appreciate y'all Seattle fans for not talking shyt, or trying to rub salt in the wound. Y'all been real :salute:
guy-hiding-behind-plants-gif.gif

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
you gonna make the offseason thread?

this thread title nearly worked :lolbron: Ha Ha nearly won us the game by himself
If only he woulda knocked down the 2 point conversion. There was more "if" plays that coulda changed the outcome of the game than any game I can remember.

And if ya'll need help with a title, fwm. I got em for the low.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm not making no damn thread for this team right now. Me and @FAH1223 were talking on Twitter, and decided to come here and rant a bit.

*Warning, may be a bit long, so I apologize in advance*

Brehs, I'm still FURIOUS with this loss, with the way we lost on Sunday. I've come to the conclusion that there is something fundamentally wrong with our team, and it all goes back to MM. I know many of us really didn't care for MM before that miraculous 2010 run, and that Super Bowl kind of let him off the hook. Well, I think it's time to raise some questions again about he and the staff.

There's no way a professional football team, good enough to make a Conference Championship Game should lose a game like we did on Sunday. It's inexcusable. The only takeaway(s) you can point to are 1. you just aren't that good, or 2. you have some serious problems. I think this team is good. I won't watch the Super Bowl for the simple fact that I KNOW we're better than both of the teams playing in it. So if our team is good, we clearly have some problems.

I said leading up to the game that I thought we'd "go after Sherman" because MM and ARod "aren't the types to be scared". Well, I was wrong. Kicking both of those field goals in the first quarter is Exhibit A. of a coach "coaching scared". You can "but you have to take the points" all you want but it's 2014 (now 2015), and you're not beating very many GOOD football teams kicking field goals. We just tried to beat a VERY GOOD, maybe GREAT football team simply by kicking field goals, and while it almost (and SHOULD HAVE) worked, we got bit right in the ass.

--I read an article (which I now can't find) where someone charted all the 4th and goal from the 1" situations early in the game, and the teams that kicked field goals lost far more than both the teams that went and converted, and went and failed. Do you realize that if we go for the TD both times, and only convert once, that we're not having this conversation?

Besides that fact, MM (and ARod to be fair) called a pretty conservative game. Rodgers wasn't at his best, but there are situations that you just have to trust the best QB in the game to make a play or 2. ARod was asked about his ability to change plays late in the game (RE: when we kept running into punts), and he kind of danced around the question. So I don't know if he wanted to avoid any blame, or avoid throwing his coach under the bus, but whatever the case, when THAT defense is stuffing the box expecting a run, then maybe the MVP of the league should be allowed (or take it upon himself) to throw to one of his 2 pro bowl WRs, or going after a guy that couldn't use his right arm. Yes, Sherman is damn good, but come on man, you're telling me that Jordy or Davante couldn't take advantage of a guy that couldn't use his damn right arm? The whole fourth quarter was a clinic in how to coach/play scared.

Other coaching gaffes? How do you have a team that has that much trouble moving the ball (and in turn scoring points), lineup for a field goal, and you NOT beat the possibility of a fake into the 11 guys on the FG unit? Seriously? Between that and Bostick, I honestly think Shawn Slocum will lose his job. Also, the main culprit on the fake field goal? None other than BRAD fukkING JONES. Do you realize that they (Seattle) were only gonna fake it if Brad Jones lined up on the left side? Think about that: other teams (and this came from JON RYAN, THEIR fukkING PUNTER) are so aware of how awful Jones is, that they had a fake fukking field goal ready to go provided he lined up in the right spot. If he didn't line up on the left side, they were gonna take a delay, and just kick the field goal. Like the missed points in the first quarter, those 4 points were the difference in the ballgame.

And how about what happened leading up to that field goal attempt. 2nd and 30. 3rd and 19. What do we do? Our defense had been bringing pressure and getting to Wilson all game, so naturally Dom goes with the stupid, hated, never should be ran 3-man rush. Couldn't believe it man. Naturally they get the first down, leading to that fake field goal for TD. I refuse to talk down on the defense, as they were the best unit on the field on Sunday, but man did Dom pick a bad time to go with the 3-man rush. Once again, coaching scared.

Then you have Burnett going to the ground on that pick (thanks to Julius Peppers), when it appears that he could've probably SCORED on the return. Then there's Bostick fukking up on the onside kick, himself admitting he should've been blocking (kudos to him though, as he stood and faced all the heat like a man. You won't catch me shytting on him because of how he handled himself in the aftermath). Then there's Clinton-Dix looking like he was chasing butterflies at what could be considered (due to what followed) the biggest moment of the game. Seriously, how does he not stop that 2-point conversion? Again, those 2 points were the difference. Then the final drive. Am I the only one that felt that we were playing for a field goal at the end, instead of trying to win the game? Just seemed like there was no urgency. Aikman praised ARod for not calling a TO and keeping the Seattle D on their heels, but at the same time, we had all 3 TOs, and the only one we used was at 14 seconds to stop the clock after not converting on 3rd down. Again, coaching scared.

Brehs, I honestly don't think that we can get back to the Super Bowl, let alone win it in our current state. I said above, and I truly believe that *ON THE FIELD* we're better than both Seattle and New England, but our coaching staff is severely outmatched. I would say that losing on Sunday is a good thing, because we probably would've won it all had we beat Seattle, and MM would've been a guaranteed lifer, but at the same time, MM is TT's guy, and he's not going anywhere as long as TT is here, so it really doesn't matter. We're stuck with what we have, and to me, that's just not a good thing. We have no killer instinct. No desire, or ability, to finish a game. And I have no clue what happened to our Red Zone/Goal Line offense, but it has been awful ever since the Patriots game. I always assumed that we were gonna figure it out, but we never did, and it cost us a damn Super Bowl.

I know most of the beat guys, and the big NFL writers think we're nuts for even entertaining the thought of a coaching change, and it's clearly not gonna happen, but I just can't, in my heart, trust this team anymore in it's current state. We have the players, and you can't convince me we don't, but we keep coming up short. Again, that goes back to coaching. Starting to sound like a broken record.

Edit: Yeah, I went long, so I put in Spoiler tags so as not to take up a ton of space.

Yeah I agree breh

Also like I told you on Twitter. Even when we won it all, MM was conservative as hell in the Eagles and Bears game. The ATL game was one of his best called games. The SB was called well, the WRs dropped balls and things got conservative while PIT made the comeback too.

MM is stubborn. I hope the loss embarrasses him to change but the 2010 ring on his finger in his mind is due to his method he used on Sunday. And he doesn't realize he doesn't have a top defense like back then to make the plays at crucial times consistently or the stop with the game on the line.

He coaches the same way and it sucks. Our only hope is the players making the huge plays again and it nearly happened on Sunday. But they folded.

I will say MM can call a good game every now and then. He did the last two weeks prior minus the botches in the red zone which I thought was fixed before the Pats game

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Yeah I agree breh

Also like I told you on Twitter. Even when we won it all, MM was conservative as hell in the Eagles and Bears game. The ATL game was one of his best called games. The SB was called well, the WRs dropped balls and things got conservative while PIT made the comeback too.

MM is stubborn. I hope the loss embarrasses him to change but the 2010 ring on his finger in his mind is due to his method he used on Sunday. And he doesn't realize he doesn't have a top defense like back then to make the plays at crucial times consistently or the stop with the game on the line.

He coaches the same way and it sucks. Our only hope is the players making the huge plays again and it nearly happened on Sunday. But they folded.

I will say MM can call a good game every now and then. He did the last two weeks prior minus the botches in the red zone which I thought was fixed before the Pats game

Yeah, the Super Bowl is probably his shining moment. If we catch half of them drops, that game is a blowout. His gameplan was masterful.

Also, you think back to that game, and while the script wasn't exactly like Sunday, it was pretty similar. We jumped out to a quick lead, Pittsburgh came back threatening to take the lead, and we made plays down the stretch on both sides of the ball (Pickett/Clay forced fumble, the huge 3rd down conversion to Jennings (one of my favorite Rodgers throws EVER) to secure the win. We got the defensive play on Sunday (Burnett pick), but the offense just couldn't put it away. SMH.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yeah, the Super Bowl is probably his shining moment. If we catch half of them drops, that game is a blowout. His gameplan was masterful.

Also, you think back to that game, and while the script wasn't exactly like Sunday, it was pretty similar. We jumped out to a quick lead, Pittsburgh came back threatening to take the lead, and we made plays down the stretch on both sides of the ball (Pickett/Clay forced fumble, the huge 3rd down conversion to Jennings (one of my favorite Rodgers throws EVER) to secure the win. We got the defensive play on Sunday (Burnett pick), but the offense just couldn't put it away. SMH.

Yup it was very similar

I don't know why I feel optimistic about next year but something tells me they will respond well this summer/fall. The injury bug is the only thing I'm worried about. Aside from Raji it was a magical year on that front.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I feel for you GB fans breh, I really do. If my team lost like that last night I don't know if I could ever be the same. So many what ifs for you guys and everyone had to go the wrong way for us to win.

Mo got some good friends in Seattle who messages me the same sentiment breh :salute:

I had ya'll repeating before the season started. I just wish I was wrong :yes:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
If your a true packers fan you know how trash MM play calling has been . This dude is so fukking stubborn it blows my fukking mind brehs.

Y'all gotta listen to this dudes press conference after the game its like he really doesn't get it .

I'm tired young real shyt my heart is fukking broken for real.

This fat fukk said " i had a set amount of running plays and i wanted to hit 20 no matter what "

:mindblown: you fukking hog so you keep going 3 and out 3 and out yet u wanna stick to the game plan cause of your selfish reasoning :dahell: .

We were killing them in the middle my goodness man fukk this shyt :mjcry:

Rogers and cobb man come on breh you couldn't give them a chance to make a play.

:mjcry:

What makes me so sad is we are always injured man its like some kinda sick curse.

The one year we are remotely healthy we don't get it done.

I'm sick man never been this heart broken over a game.