"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I don't know how much my soul can be tormented by this. So remember right after the game, I was blacking about two things:
1) Clay Matthews not being on the field during the last two drives of regulation
2) Julius Peppers not being on the field for the scoring play of overtime

Now after reading Bill Barnwell's article, I'm just now finding out THAT MORGAN BURNETT WASN'T ON THE GOD DAMN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!

Did I not say this shyt before the game? I want the best 11 on the field at all times - all times.

Think about how ridiculous this is guys. It says right there in the rules, if the opponent scores on the first drive the game is over. Yet 2 of your best players are on the bench - watching :wtf:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/afc-nfc-championship-patriots-colts-seahawks-packers/

The weirdest assignment belongs to backup safety Sean Richardson (28), who was somehow on the field for the final snap of Green Bay’s season. My best guess is that Richardson is supposed to be in man coverage on Willson, but when he sees that Willson’s in to block, he doesn’t do anything. Richardson doesn’t approach the line of scrimmage in an attempt to rush the quarterback or get closer to the tight end in case Wilson checks off to Willson. (Sorry.) Richardson also doesn’t drop back into coverage to provide safety help on any routes.

Instead, Richardson just sort of shuffles his feet in place and stares into the backfield until Wilson gets off his bomb to Kearse, who beat Tramon Williams (38) inside at the snap and never let him catch up. Even if Richardson was executing his assignment, he contributed absolutely nothing to the play, and it would have been no different had the Packers gone out there with 10 men.

Last edited:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Brehs i legit feel bad for those guys. They worked their asses off all game.

That first half was as big a beatdown as I've seen on the road in a conference championship game as I've ever seen.

I had the exact same feeling at the 2009 NFC Championship against the Saints. Vikes had 518 TOTAL yards and four turnovers and yet and still had a chance to drive for the GW field goal and Favre happened.

:smh:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don't know how much my soul can be tormented by this. So remember right after the game, I was blacking about two things:
1) Clay Matthews not being on the field during the last two drives of regulation
2) Julius Peppers not being on the field for the scoring play of overtime

Now after reading Bill Barnwell's article, I'm just now finding out THAT MORGAN BURNETT WASN'T ON THE GOD DAMN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!

Did I not say this shyt before the game? I want the best 11 on the field at all times - all times.

Think about how ridiculous this is guys. It says right there in the rules, if the opponent scores on the first drive the game is over. Yet 2 of your best players are on the bench - watching :wtf:

Yeah breh, I saw the replay, Richardson was on the field and he wasn't playing deep. Tramon did as well as he could, tried to knock the ball out as well but he had no help in the back end and Russ made a perfect throw.

It's almost like they wanted to lose the game with all of these blunders.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
If no one is fired or no big moves made,then they better come out next year aggressive as shyt and playing to win and not to lose. MM and company needs to see film on the 2007 Pats. Im tired of this team playing like soft scared pussies.

they like "ooooooo we got a 2 score lead in SEA with 5 mins left,lets let up yayyyyyyy"

:camby:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
If no one is fired or no big moves made,then they better come out next year aggressive as shyt and playing to win and not to lose. MM and company needs to see film on the 2007 Pats. Im tired of this team playing like soft scared pussies.

they like "ooooooo we got a 2 score lead in SEA with 5 mins left,lets let up yayyyyyyy"

:camby:

you gonna make the offseason thread?

this thread title nearly worked :lolbron: Ha Ha nearly won us the game by himself

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I think i lost my mojo for SB winning titles :(

We need someone new like @ThiefyPoo or @FloorGeneral or @MushroomX to make that title.

Super Bowl next year is in the 49ers new stadium :ohhh:

What better way for Rodgers to reunite with another Lombardi than being in his home area :blessed:

We need to the fancy thread title for the season thread, offseason is whatever.. we know its going to be a quiet offseason. I just hope we don't lose Cobb and Bulaga... and we need to keep either Tramon or House... keep both if House is cheap since his NFL resume isn't huge.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Super Bowl next year is in the 49ers new stadium :ohhh:

What better way for Rodgers to reunite with another Lombardi than being in his home area :blessed:

We need to the fancy thread title for the season thread, offseason is whatever.. we know its going to be a quiet offseason. I just hope we don't lose Cobb and Bulaga... and we need to keep either Tramon or House... keep both if House is cheap since his NFL resume isn't huge.

no way we lose Cobb. He's too clutch and had a huge year. I dont see us losing Bulaga either. We might get him for cheap due to his injuries in the past. I dunno about Tramon breh, he lost a step in his speed and seems to get beat on the long passes. Shields was not that great either. We need to draft one more CB for me to feel comfortable. But our true needs are ILB and NT. This team is stacked then what people think. With the right coaching and play calling,we can legit go 19-0 :win:

Wishful thinking,i know. But i truly believe that MM is playing for his job next year. It will truly be SB or bust. He's gonna have no choice but to take an aggressive approach.

And what did i tell ya about this defense all year long? They are legit. With the emergence of Mike Daniels and everyone staying healthy,no way we dont field a top 10 D next year. Hopefully we can find an instant starter in the draft.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
no way we lose Cobb. He's too clutch and had a huge year. I dont see us losing Bulaga either. We might get him for cheap due to his injuries in the past. I dunno about Tramon breh, he lost a step in his speed and seems to get beat on the long passes. Shields was not that great either. We need to draft one more CB for me to feel comfortable. But our true needs are ILB and NT. This team is stacked then what people think. With the right coaching and play calling,we can legit go 19-0 :win:

Wishful thinking,i know. But i truly believe that MM is playing for his job next year. It will truly be SB or bust. He's gonna have no choice but to take an aggressive approach.

And what did i tell ya about this defense all year long? They are legit. Withe the emergence of Mike Daniels and everyone staying healthy,no way we dont field a top 10 D next year. Hopefully we can find an instant starter in the draft.

Yeah, Tramon ain't as fast as he was a couple years ago but he's only 31 and he had a good season this year. I'd bring him back because you need a veteran voice there.

I agree about drafting a CB. We tend to do well with CBs and WRs in the draft and the position coaches do a good job with them. Shields needs to get himself back in the gear he was last year, he had too many weird games but he played well in the playoffs this year.

ILB and NT are the biggest needs. Guion deserves to be back. Raji should be brought back, he looked solid in preseason. If we draft another guy to go with Boyd and Pennell, hopefully we have enough beef in the middle.

Jones and Hawk need to be cut. Its time.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
the off season,draft,this organization,TT and my life would all be a failure if this shyt doesnt happen.

If either of them are back, I will not watch the playoffs next year

The Seahawks watched film and prayed Jones would be in on the FG and when he was in, they did the fake FG

:snoop:

if he wasn't on the field, they kick the FG and either get 3 or nothing :snoop:

:camby: good riddance, let's bring back Zombo and Chillar atleast those dudes were assignment sure

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
If either of them are back, I will not watch the playoffs next year

The Seahawks watched film and prayed Jones would be in on the FG and when he was in, they did the fake FG

:snoop:

if he wasn't on the field, they kick the FG and either get 3 or nothing :snoop:

:camby: good riddance, let's bring back Zombo and Chillar atleast those dudes were assignment sure

we also NEED Peppers back. If we play him how we did all season long,he should be just as effective as he was.