"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I know breh shields, nelson now waiting on cobb :wow:

Why is raji still here fat fukk :beli:

kind of a win win with raji breh. We resigned him for a cheap one year deal and if he thinks he's gonna move on elsewhere for more money then he has to perform this year. Just another small key piece to our SB run this seasons :blessed:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I think Davante Adams is lowkey gonna have a monster year as a rookie. That boy's catching range is insane and Aaron can put it in places where only he can get it. There are PLENTY of places where only he can get it. So many targets for Aaron :wow:

Nah,as a rookie he probably wont get much playing time.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good value :blessed:

Jordy's only 29, so plenty of prime left.

Cobb is next. Going to be 24 soon. TT doesn't let his kids leave
thats a lot of money to invest at wr

cobb is going to cost more because of his age

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
thats a lot of money to invest at wr

cobb is going to cost more because of his age

:yeshrug: You be surprised, Greg Jennings is a good example. If you seek free agency, sometimes the QB is not that good. His career is in limbo because he has to be a #1 guy. Cobb DOESN'T need to be #1 in the Green Bay System. He has a plethora of teammates who cause havoc.
  • Take a reduced contract, but have a explosive offense capable of winning multiple superbowls
  • Take a giant contract, but in which that money cannot get more help, stuck on a losing franchise.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: You be surprised, Greg Jennings is a good example. If you seek free agency, sometimes the QB is not that good. His career is in limbo because he has to be a #1 guy. Cobb DOESN'T need to be #1 in the Green Bay System. He has a plethora of teammates who cause havoc.
  • Take a reduced contract, but have a explosive offense capable of winning multiple superbowls
  • Take a giant contract, but in which that money cannot get more help, stuck on a losing franchise.

theres a reason why its called the nfl

NOT FOR LONG

he better get his money, i remember the injury he had last year, thats gonna make him think twice about taking less

you guys are investing too much money at wr if you resign cobb, that money needs to be spent on defense

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

NOT FOR LONG

he better get his money, i remember the injury he had last year, thats gonna make him think twice about taking less

you guys are investing too much money at wr if you resign cobb, that money needs to be spent on defense

:mjpls: See that's the thing about NFL players. Most of them don't need big money because if they invested their earnings instead of buying mansions, cars and a whole lot of shyt, they will be just as wealthy as Peyton Manning coming in to retirment.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

NOT FOR LONG

The cap is going up and we have $13 million in cap right now and plenty next offseason

They'll put some of Jordy's $$$ on this year cap

Last edited:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adams will be big in the red zone, where we really struggled last year.

I really think the potential for this offense is sky high. I think a lot people don't really realize that last years O only had 80 less total yards than they did in 2011, and that's without Rodgers for 8 games. The only reason we struggled were turnovers and poor red zone play. The turnovers will be reduced just by not having Flynn and Tolzien starting a bunch of games. If we can be effective in the redzone, I truly think this offense can be better than the one in 2011.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Just saw that Jordy's deal is four years in addition to this year = 5 years $43 million w/ only $14 million guaranteed. Wow.

For comparison, Jennings signed with MIN for more in total value and more in guaranteed cash last year.

Jordy gives the Pack a hometown discount again. Leaves plenty of space for Cobb since the cap hit is well below the $13 million in cap space we have to work with.

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Just saw that Jordy's deal is four years in addition to this year = 5 years $43 million w/ only $14 million guaranteed. Wow.

For comparison, Jennings signed with MIN for more in total value and more in guaranteed cash last year.

Jordy gives the Pack a hometown discount again. Leaves plenty of space for Cobb since the cap hit is well below the $13 million in cap space we have to work with.
Greg Jennings lost and won at the same damn time :pacspit: :yeshrug:

#dualities

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

NOT FOR LONG

investing too much money? We have PLENTY of cap space this year and next year it will grow in which we can get Cobb for a nice price. TT is a genius at handle monies breh..

And who exactly are we gonna spend money on for defense? TT rarely signs big named FA's. His motto is draft and develop.