H-Town(The R&B group) Apperciation thread

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:eddiecry:

:whew: they killed this.

i think i caught the end of this show on tv the day it aired, i had just came back from seeing meteor man at the movies or something.

what was that commercial at the beginning?:gladbron: im bout to fire up my sega genesis. i already got a big bag of starburst.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
tumblr_msd9p0Ls3w1sfkmuyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mjbavprXkA1r5t3meo8_r2_250.gif

This wouldnt exist if it werent for H-Town

That's just one song that came outta something that NY/Jerz cats had been sayin for years...Candyman had a lil heat with that back in 91

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
:whew: they killed this.

i think i caught the end of this show on tv the day it aired, i had just came back from seeing meteor man at the movies or something.

what was that commercial at the beginning?:gladbron: im bout to fire up my sega genesis. i already got a big bag of starburst.

I'm 90% sure it was an NBA on NBC commercial breh....klassic shyt in its own right:mjcry:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I love Jodeci. And I love some of their albums.

And I love Knockin da Boots. But I've never heard a full H-Town album.

Are you telling me that H-Town has an album on the level of Forever My Lady, Diary of a Mad Band, and Show the After Party the Hotel?

the bolded albums were all about the singles.

there were a good number of groups that made better albums than jodeci in '91-94.

h-town's 1st 2 albums are classics. only one arguable skipper on their 1st album. 2nd album had 1 filler and maybe 1 or 2 arguable skippers out of like 22 tracks.

ehh.

i brushed up on that "the show, the after-party, the hotel" album a few months ago, and man that album is overrated. jodeci has no classic LPs.

they have modern r&b's best singles catalog. possibly the goat r&b singles catalog PERIOD. but they never rocked a whole album.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Jodeci get's alot of undue credit.

H-Town had their own style, and great songs in their own lane.

This is a classic song from their 1st album.

I remember having the cassette single for this. I got in trouble one time as a kid for singing this when my aunt heard me :pachaha:

Still a great song in 2015

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
FROM HOUSTON TO HARLEM IN '93, JUST LIKE STEVIE RAY & BOOKER T.

that crowd was hype when they came out. that chit felt epic.
and these niccas were like 18 years old. what happened to our music!!??:mindblown:

edit: lol @ the miami hurricane colors in the background of the 2nd video. we know whos idea that was.:whistle:

Last edited:

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
FROM HOUSTON TO HARLEM IN '93, JUST LIKE STEVIE RAY & BOOKER T.

these niccas were still in their teens. what happened to our music!!??:mindblown:

:to:

Basically all the BeBe's Kids that got conceived to these albums, learned from this and turnt into Chris Breezy, Trey Songz, Pretty Ricky, J.Holiday Jeremiah etc etc

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
The thing holding them back from being a truly goat group is them other two bammas couldn't sing worth a shyt. The one darker nikka sounds like a dying cat, and they stayed giving him solos :scust:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Basically all the BeBe's Kids that got conceived to these albums, learned from this and turnt into Chris Breezy, Trey Songz, Pretty Ricky, J.Holiday Jeremiah etc etc

haha.

pretty ricky are like their disciples.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Continuing the trend of classic R&B albums being talked about. I'm surprised nobody mentioned H-Town. Dino Conner(R.I.P) had one of the best voices in the game. He didn't sound like anybody that was out at the time and the trio put out so many classics during their short period. Putting a H-Town album would guaranteed to get a bytch ready to go. Knockin Da Boots, Keepin My Composure, Backseat, A Thin Line Between Love and Hate remake, Lick You Up. Part Time Lover from Above the Rim. These dudes did their thing for a short period. I hated how that they got caught up with the shyt with Luke because that took alot of their momentum.

Even H-Town's last album was solid. Dino's When I Die joint was :sadcam:

its funny how ALL the young nyggas in the 90's had great voices. NO FUHKIN AUTOTUNE.

And all the yound dudes now Auto tuned out the ass. Bum ass generation.

Dont nobody come in here caping for Breezy and all these weak singers now. Straight trash

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
haha.

pretty ricky are like their disciples.

aww shyt..how many of us remember tryna sing like this to catch honeys when we was comin up lol on the playground..back of the bus/class...over the phone after school...lateat nite when moms was at work/sleepin hahaha

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The thing holding them back from being a truly goat group is them other two bammas couldn't sing worth a shyt. The one darker nikka sounds like a dying cat, and they stayed giving him solos :scust:

luther campbell is who held them back.

theyve had quality stuff without dino.

shazzam used to hit those high notes. G.I. was more of a musical guy and he just looked cool. that nicca was my favorite member back in the day.