H-Town(The R&B group) Apperciation thread

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
ehh.

i brushed up on that "the show, the after-party, the hotel" album a few months ago, and man that album is overrated. jodeci has no classic LPs.

they have modern r&b's best singles catalog. possibly the goat r&b singles catalog PERIOD. but they never rocked a whole album.

Diary of A Mad Band is one of my favorite albums but I can see your argument here...it really comes down to personal preference.

I prefer Jodeci overall but H-Town is a close 2nd. I do agree with H-Town first 3 albums being better than Jodeci's first 3 overall. But the standout songs on Jodeci albums >>>>>>>:ohlawd:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Diary of A Mad Band is one of my favorite albums but I can see your argument here...it really comes down to personal preference. I prefer Jodeci overall but H-Town is a close 2nd. I do agree with H-Town first 3 albums being better than Jodeci's first 3 overall. But the standout songs on Jodeci albums >>>>>>>:ohlawd:

i havnt touched "diary of a mad band" in YEARS.

both groups influenced each other tho. jodeci jumped on that sexed out wave after h-town blew it up.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
i havnt touched "diary of a mad band" in YEARS.

both groups influenced each other tho. jodeci jumped on that sexed out wave after h-town blew it up.

Go back and listen to it breh....I can listen to the whole shyt without skipping :mjpls:

Songs 1-9 are just :ohlawdy:

EDIT: I can listen to "The Show, The Afterparty, The Hotel" without skipping too, now that I really look at it.

fukk it I just flat out like Jodeci better but that doesn't take away from H-Town's greatness at all....

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Go back and listen to it breh....I can listen to the whole shyt without skipping :mjpls:

Songs 1-9 are just :ohlawdy:

EDIT: I can listen to "The Show, The Afterparty, The Hotel" without skipping too, now that I really look at it.

fukk it I just flat out like Jodeci better but that doesn't take away from H-Town's greatness at all....

i only really liked the singles. the rest was forgettable.

i'll give it a spin tho.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I just ordered their 3rd album off Amazon....it's the only one I don't have :andreflab:

album was nice.

it was just too long and Stick wasnt on the boards.:to:

and i dont care for all the female pampering & pandering on there.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The whole thing is worshiping women? :francis:

I guess there's a reason I've never heard it :mjlol:

nah. its not worshipping women but its kind of a 360 from the 1st 2 LPs.

if another group made that album, i probably wouldnt even bat an eye. its kinda like how i never cared about kc & jojo's career as a duo cuz it was a 360 from jodeci.(plus, they werent the same musically without devante & dalvin).

"ladies edition" is still hot tho. i was just making sure you werent expecting another "beggin after dark".

L!ssen

Rather Unique
Daps
Reppin
MD-DC-VA
I always thought H Town was so underrated. Good to see them getting some love. Dino was the real deal..

I still listen to all 3 albums..but Beggin After Dark is a certified classic.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the 2015 billboard awards were last night.

:patrice:

TAKE IT BACK TO '93