Gwen Paltrow "White women can learn from Black women about self love, not being jealous"

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
For those of you who are confused by what she’s saying or the subtext, I’ll sum up her CAC bable in one picture:

p8554431_v_h10_aa.jpg

You’re welcome.
This. Sounds like her black friends are some magic negroes to her

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. Sounds like her black friends are some magic negroes to her
Yeah Gwyneth is a famous rich white woman so her reality ain’t the same as majority of people so she hangs around black women every now and then and they show her that her reality ain’t the same as everyone else’s and it grounds her a little bit

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
What’s up with all this pandering to black woman in the last 4 years?

Don’t care how I sound, I would never treat a group of people who don’t kno me or care bout me like they should be on a pedestal

Stop treating black women like make-a-wish kids, I promise they don’t need it

All of that will stop when Immigrants are the new black folks in the next few elections.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not gonna comment about the validity of such statements just pose a question:

What makes her believe she’s had enough experiences and interactions with black women to compare how they treat each other?

It’s still has the tone of “well, all my black friends…”
But she is talking about her black friends lol. Too many people trying to read into this deeper than what it is

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Read the article and I don't get why people are upset
Because it is a white woman saying this. This is an instance where brehs are reacting to a white woman in a manner that most would want them to react to: with suspicion (with a hint of derision). Even then though, some other people here still seem to be bothered by this reaction. :heh:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
But she is talking about her black friends lol. Too many people trying to read into this deeper than what it is
Yeah, I know.

I just don’t like her statement in general. Like, I don’t really make social commentary on my collective white friends, even though I could, as if whiteness defines what they do or informs them to be a certain manner.

It typically leads to stereotyping.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Target pulling goop off the shelves maybe? She needs to just stfu and stay in her lane else she gets got in these streets by her sponsors :pachaha: