Gunmen shooting into crowds of high schoolers in Philadelphia and Florida

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
This isn't a permanent solution

It's pandering

It's a start and better than any little underfunded community outreach that's have objectively failed for generations. Kids are fatherless and without guidance until adolescence and if they aren't on the right path by then, they are lost..

The only thing knuckleheads understand is force...let them run up on the Military and get sent to the shadowrealm so the rest of us can live normal lives...

Daps
I live in the DMV area where these youngins are on SUPER demon time

a buddy of mine got carjacked a couple months ago right after he gave me a ride some place.

Kids pulled in front of his vehicle with another vehicle, hopped out with guns and made him get out, beat the shyt out of him, and then demanded he drive them someplace in his car

my boy was like :dahell:

he told me there was no way he was gonna drive himself to his own execution

and as fukked as the crime bill was, seeing this kinda unhinged activity on a DAILY basis has me sympathetic to what Black folks were thinking back then :francis:

Very sympathetic. I got no problem with these crash test dummies getting took off the street. If I was running things, I'd put them to sleep FOR GOOOOD!!!! I dont want to have to worry about my family's safety every time they go somewhere. Hell I don't want to have to worry about MY safety.

I hate that happened to your boy. Is he good now?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It's a start and better than any little underfunded community outreach that's have objectively failed for generations. Kids are fatherless and without guidance until adolescence and if they aren't on the right path by then, they are lost..

The only thing knuckleheads understand is force...let them run up on the Military and get sent to the shadowrealm so the rest of us can live normal lives...
Square biz. When I'm trying to commune, the last thing I want to deal with is if shiesty opps are active. I"M TRYING TO GET TO WHERE I'M fukkING GOING!

Whatever happened to dumb ass kids just dumb ass kidding it, fighting, and cracking on each other? The street shyt would be at night or occasional daytime, but its either near fukkery potent areas or isolated. ITS NEVER OUT IN THE OPEN ESPECIALLY NEAR NE PHILLY OF ALL PLACES :why: .

These dikkheads fukking up the algorithm trying to dikk ride Chicago, and slowly losing the identity that Philly is known for.

And this is coming from a former native that's used to the fukkery, but was able to live life without worrying about getting murk.

I'll let Umar tell it:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The Coli has no answer for these kinds of things. Because when an answer is proposed. It's deemed anti black or some shyt when the criminals are anti black.

Stop defending this bullshyt.

I actually wrote a piece about the argument of "rec centers".

I Can’t Hold Onto These Many Rec Centers (Addressing my Hometown)

I hate what this city has become
But I have something for it
A rec center with the purist of influences
Yeah, that will stop the plague of homelessness
Violence and destructive behavior
Towards peaceful residence
So many of these Rec Centers
Can enter the block districts
And fix what is not there
Financial stability
Crooked politicians
And drama from here to there
No job market for the lost and trying to be found
The American Dream is snoring
Yet we do not here the sound
The frowns across the face
As it's getting maced
Displaced and separated
The youth is lost, but the family unit is infiltrated
Gunshots instead of ball dribbles
Chalk on the ground, instead of the sound of a swish
Not even a good message to come from the radio
More pound cake to come with the real estate
Of such a rec center
Why should I enter such a center
And remember that this is only just a hour or two
We play those games, but coming home in a few
Stomach rumbling and headache hunger pains
No financial freedom to clean such a poverty residue
It's in the air and it's so unfair
To blame so many people
Instead of the ones that remain, the same
High places bring down the low values
Recession woes and inflation traces arose
Accounts froze and evil empires expose
So what is a struggling soul to do
Kill, rob, steal, and rep a set
That will forget about morals near the end
When the book is thrown
The author is hidden
And the only prospect to all of this
Is a better rec center in the clink
Wash the face with the same water as the toilet
The irony that all of these recs are in my arms
But not a single problem is resolved….

No matter the program and this particular argument, the problem is deeper than a community center, it's beyond the control and the only way to combat the issues is reconstruction of a systematic racist society, dismantling of social media to improve the mindset of the youth, and overkill funding to tackle the issues of healthcare, economic woes, education system falling short of grace, and most of all...giving folks hope for the present and future.

But I'm a dreamer.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Without seeing the numbers, I would guess that the US has at least somewhat higher gun crimes and shooting in particular than comparable countries without black men.

But it would just be a guess. I have not seen the numbers.

I have seen numbers that I posted from the CDC. It would be disingenuous for me to equate gun violence among blacks with white America for instance. Obviously, zero gun violence is preferable and no group is there- but it just ain't the same level of problem by a long shot.
I posted the numbers and a study, it's not somewhat higher than other countries. It's a lot higher than other countries.

But you're saying that a big reason why it's lower in those countries is due to the lack of presence of black males as the study you posted shows that black males have a higher propensity to violence than other groups? Am I getting this right?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

It isnt

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I actually wrote a piece about the argument of "rec centers".

No matter the program and this particular argument, the problem is deeper than a community center, it's beyond the control and the only way to combat the issues is reconstruction of a systematic racist society, dismantling of social media to improve the mindset of the youth, and overkill funding to tackle the issues of healthcare, economic woes, education system falling short of grace, and most of all...giving folks hope for the present and future.

But I'm a dreamer.
I hear you breh. But the problem is none of this will be destroyed or taken down unless we start with us. The reconditioned would take as long as it took to happen and white people in power don't have any vested interest in changing things. So all we got is us working to bring us back to our right senses.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But you're saying that a big reason why it's lower in those countries is due to the lack of presence of black males as the study you posted shows that black males have a higher propensity to violence than other groups? Am I getting this right?
No.

In order to compare the crime rates (or any other stats really), it's best to compare like with like. So it's best to keep everything in one country. If you really want o get in the weeds you can get into economics, family upbringing, parents education etc.

To your point if you don't have many guns, you won't have much gun crime. But it does not necessarily follow that the more guns you have the more gun violence.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
No.

In order to compare the crime rates (or any other stats really), it's best to compare like with like. So it's best to keep everything in one country. If you really want o get in the weeds you can get into economics, family upbringing, parents education etc.
No, you definitely can compare countries to other countries. Most countries are large groupings of people and their outcome generally will depend on the countries policies and their ability to enact those policies. There are no fundamental differences between the people in this country or any other country. Countries with similar policies have similar outcomes

It sounds like you're saying I can't use other countries because it would disprove your argument.
To your point if you don't have many guns, you won't have much gun crime. But it does not necessarily follow that the more guns you have the more gun violence.
No, it does. There are studies.
Our review of the academic literature found that a broad array of evidence indicates that gun availability is a risk factor for homicide, both in the United States and across high-income countries. Case-control studies, ecological time-series and cross-sectional studies indicate that in homes, cities, states and regions in the U.S., where there are more guns, both men and women are at a higher risk for homicide, particularly firearm homicide.

If having more guns didnt mean more gun violence, he US would be the safest country as we have the most guns

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Very sympathetic. I got no problem with these crash test dummies getting took off the street. If I was running things, I'd put them to sleep FOR GOOOOD!!!! I dont want to have to worry about my family's safety every time they go somewhere. Hell I don't want to have to worry about MY safety.

I hate that happened to your boy. Is he good now?

he's fine but he was out of work for a week. Cops eventually found the car and the kids had ripped out the OnStar or whatever so it couldn't be tracked.

these lil nikkas are diabolical breh :francis:

my Pops lives in Gaithersburg and my uncle and his old lady live in Woodbridge and I don't even feel comfortable inviting them to meet me out in the city for lunch on the weekends :snoop:

my girl came down from Bmore to catch the Warriors/Wizards game with me and I was legit worried about her getting carjacked on her way home the next day when she left

that's how bad shyt is. I'm reluctant to have my loved ones come see me :why:

I'm a city guy, and I love the city. But I'm looking at moving somewhere further out, maybe way further out just for some peace and quiet. If I gotta have a long ass commute, fukk it :yeshrug:

I'd rather drive an hour and a half each way than have to be increasingly worried about having to look over my shoulder and the safety of those I love

they need to throw these lil sociopaths into Bane's prison

Last edited: