Guillermo Del Toro "Cabinet Of Curiosities" | NetFlix (Discussion Thread)

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Life lessons(common sense) in horror form. :wow:

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
I watched eps 3 and 4.

"The Autopsy" was cool, I liked the ending. It wasn't the greatest shyt ever or anything but I was entertained.

Ep 4 "The Outside" was fukking trash. I dunno what the hell they were thinking with that nonsense. I kept waiting for them to pull it all together....and they never did.

I'm obviously no writer but at the end when she's staring at the camera, and things are going out of focus....it should've came back into focus with her in an asylum. And all her "co-workers" telling her how beautiful she is are the other inmates. And her skin was still fukked up and she still looked the same.

Like, she legit lost her mind and killed her husband for no reason.

Not saying that would be GOAT level writing or anything....but it would've been 100x better than what we got.

Fred.

Just watched that one but it basically saying “love yourself” hence why the crazy bytch didn’t realize she killed Martin Starr until after dancin wit the lotion lady. :mjlol:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I watched eps 3 and 4.

"The Autopsy" was cool, I liked the ending. It wasn't the greatest shyt ever or anything but I was entertained.

Ep 4 "The Outside" was fukking trash. I dunno what the hell they were thinking with that nonsense. I kept waiting for them to pull it all together....and they never did.

I'm obviously no writer but at the end when she's staring at the camera, and things are going out of focus....it should've came back into focus with her in an asylum. And all her "co-workers" telling her how beautiful she is are the other inmates. And her skin was still fukked up and she still looked the same.

Like, she legit lost her mind and killed her husband for no reason.

Not saying that would be GOAT level writing or anything....but it would've been 100x better than what we got.

Fred.
‘The Outside’ would fit right in on that failed Twilight Zone reboot.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“The Viewing” was a beautiful episode. The audio and visuals were dope.
That was honestly my favorite one. I see people online saying it was boring but the whole vibe was dope and with a wild ass Lovecraftian ending. The mourning was the boring one to me

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Overall it was just okay. They don't all have to be homeruns but they at least have to hold my interest.

Top 3 for me were: The Autopsy, Graveyard Rats and The Viewing. The Outside and Pickman's Model both had issues that stopped me from ranking them high.

yourgod

Pro
Daps
Got through all the episodes except pickmans model. Fav episode was the viewing, I knew my man Panos was gonna come through with that weird ass 80s synthy lookin shyt. Lot 36, them rats and the autopsy are my favs after the viewing. Rest of the episodes was kinda mid

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If it wasn’t for The Viewing you could be done with it after the first 3 episodes. The rest were throw aways, especially The Outside.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I gave up after episode four. "The Autopsy" was the best of the bunch but that isn't saying much. The rest were straight trash to me. :yeshrug: