Guillermo Del Toro "Cabinet Of Curiosities" | NetFlix (Discussion Thread)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the first two eps.

I love this shyt. It's like a big budget "Tales From The Crypt".

1st episode was pretty by the numbers plot-wise but it was well done and the monster design was dope.

2nd episode I liked a lot. Had no idea it's based on a short story from 1936. :ohhh:

Was gonna say it reminded me of "Jerusalem's Lot" by Stephen King but I guess that story was paying homage to the 1936 one.

Fred.
I think the second episode is a Lovecraft story I read way back when. I don’t remember it though

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the second episode is a Lovecraft story I read way back when. I don’t remember it though

The 2nd episode is based on "The Graveyard Rats" by Henry Kuttner.

The Lovecraft story you're referring to is probably "The Rats In The Walls", which came out 10 years before the Kuttner story.

Henry Kuttner also wrote stories in the Cthulhu Mythos, so he was most likely influenced by "The Rats In The Walls" too.

Fred.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 2nd episode is based on "The Graveyard Rats" by Henry Kuttner.

The Lovecraft story you're referring to is probably "The Rats In The Walls", which came out 10 years before the Kuttner story.

Henry Kuttner also wrote stories in the Cthulhu Mythos, so he was most likely influenced by "The Rats In The Walls" too.

Fred.
Yup, that’s the one. Lovecraft has some great stories, he was just a despicable piece of shyt as a person

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Ep.3 reminds me of a much more demonic version of the Yeerks from the Animorphs books :picard: