Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is it this one?

maple_art_jacket_front_cover.jpg

It says its up for pre order on amazon

Got it. The GameStop one is a steel book.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
They nailed the personalities in this, especially the banter as the team is traversing wherever. The TellTale-style convo choices is a really nice touch that fleshes out conversations and lore-building aspects of character backgrounds. Platforming is okay, aesthetics are nice, stage/environment design is pretty creative across the board. The team gameplay is probably the strongest aspect of the game, it keeps you interested to see how the various individual abilities play off of each other to pull off fight moves or complex platforming goals. Upgrades and new abilities to unlock keep that interest simmering as various enemies have weaknesses based on the abilities you unlock as you progress. It's something you'd maybe kinda hoped for in the Arkham games that were never realized. Being able to switch between characters would have upped the gameplay factor a lot but hey...first game, so I guess they kept it relatively simple and let Quill be the focus. The chaotic nature of him flying around blasting everything actually works in this game in a way that it just won't in the Avengers, simply because as a team GotG is very fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants in nature anyway. For a well established/organized team like the Avengers, you pretty much have to have more team-interactive abilities to give a hint of a sense that whoever's in charge actually has some kind of plan. Instead you got lootbox/mtx antics with Avengers skins layered over everything. With that said...

...the "huddle" mechanic is the single most idiotic thing I've seen in a game in a good while. They could have left well enough alone, but the cornballishness just had to come out to show it's face. Meh.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They nailed the personalities in this, especially the banter as the team is traversing wherever. The TellTale-style convo choices is a really nice touch that fleshes out conversations and lore-building aspects of character backgrounds. Platforming is okay, aesthetics are nice, stage/environment design is pretty creative across the board. The team gameplay is probably the strongest aspect of the game, it keep you interested to see how the various individual abilities play off of each other to pull off fight moves or complex platforming goals. Upgrades and new abilities to unlock keep that interest simmering as various enemies have weaknesses based on the abilities you unlock as you progress. It's something you'd maybe kinda hoped for in the Arkham games that were never realized. Being able to switch between characters would have upped the gameplay factor a lot but hey...first game, so I guess they kept it relatively simple and let Quill be the focus. The chaotic nature of him flying around blasting everything actually works in this game in a way that it just won't in the Avengers, simply because as a team GotG is very fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants in nature anyway. For a well established/organized team like the Avengers, you pretty much have to have more team-interactive abilities to give a hint of a sense that whoever's in charge actually has some kind of plan. Instead hyou got lootbox/mtx antics with Avengers skins layered over everything. With that said...

...the "huddle" mechanic is the single most idiotic thing I've seen in a game in a good while. They could have left well enough alone, but the cornballishness just had to come out to show it's face. Meh.

Solid review by you.:ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They nailed the personalities in this, especially the banter as the team is traversing wherever. The TellTale-style convo choices is a really nice touch that fleshes out conversations and lore-building aspects of character backgrounds. Platforming is okay, aesthetics are nice, stage/environment design is pretty creative across the board. The team gameplay is probably the strongest aspect of the game, it keep you interested to see how the various individual abilities play off of each other to pull off fight moves or complex platforming goals. Upgrades and new abilities to unlock keep that interest simmering as various enemies have weaknesses based on the abilities you unlock as you progress. It's something you'd maybe kinda hoped for in the Arkham games that were never realized. Being able to switch between characters would have upped the gameplay factor a lot but hey...first game, so I guess they kept it relatively simple and let Quill be the focus. The chaotic nature of him flying around blasting everything actually works in this game in a way that it just won't in the Avengers, simply because as a team GotG is very fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants in nature anyway. For a well established/organized team like the Avengers, you pretty much have to have more team-interactive abilities to give a hint of a sense that whoever's in charge actually has some kind of plan. Instead hyou got lootbox/mtx antics with Avengers skins layered over everything. With that said...

I like the idea of the huddle but the mechanic just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I feel like they could have done it in real time instead of killing the pace of combat

I agree with pretty much everything here though

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't had much interest in this game, but I'm hearing good things and the Skill Up review nearly sold me, except that he literally said that the combat is the most lacking thing about the game. So for that, I'll surely cop when it's on sale. If I had nothing else of interest to play right now, I'd probably just say screw it and buy it at full price, but I doubt that. At best, only other way I'll buy at full price is if it's still $60 during mid-January and I just want to play it before all of next year's top games start dropping and/or I get some sort of free credit somehow.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just played for a little less than 2 hours. I'm going to get a steam refund.

Its not terrible. But the mechanics and fighting are pretty boring. Button mashing type for kids.

I just did my first "huddle" and thought that shyt was stupid corny. I quit and asked for a refund after that.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i just played for a little less than 2 hours. I'm going to get a steam refund.

Its not terrible. But the mechanics and fighting are pretty boring. Button mashing type for kids.

I just did my first "huddle" and thought that shyt was stupid corny. I quit and asked for a refund after that.

thanks for reminding me this is also an option on xbox…didn’t dive into it yet but lemme play it some more today and make a decision

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Are the branching paths really all that different? I'm kinda just watching my bro play but I may not run it back myself at this rate

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Are the branching paths really all that different? I'm kinda just watching my bro play but I may not run it back myself at this rate
The part where you have to choose between using Groot or Rocket as bait on mission seems like it leads to two very different outcomes.
choosing between the Llama and the electronics after getting out of jail initially just gets you a different debt number, but later causes unintended consequences depending on which one you keep.

Thats just off the first two levels i've seen