Guardians Of The Galaxy Launches Oct 22nd PS5/Xbox Series/PC/Switch

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
gonna be blunt - it plays like a shytty max payne with party ability spam and a dmc style meter :mjlol: its genuinely booty juice imo and could never stand by itself but its pretty so its gonna get a pass because its not a combat driven game really. more narrative pushed games should take notice on that though fr.

it doesn't take a lot to elevate a telltate/LIS/House of Ashes/Detroit type of game from niche to more accessible with just going the extra mile on gameplay

oh wow…I bought it and have it downloading before I read this lol

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gonna be blunt - it plays like a shytty max payne with party ability spam and a dmc style meter :mjlol: its genuinely booty juice imo and could never stand by itself but its pretty so its gonna get a pass because its not a combat driven game really. more narrative pushed games should take notice on that though fr.

it doesn't take a lot to elevate a telltate/LIS/House of Ashes/Detroit type of game from niche to more accessible with just going the extra mile on gameplay

So it plays like Mass Effect. Don't @ me stanleys

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Yeah I watched some gameplay and all this nikka Star Lord did was shoot, shoot, run around and shoot some more :pachaha:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You could never stand in the middle of a fukking brawl in Andromeda like you do in this game :dead: you'd have to spend an entire playthrough speccing into something like that and even then your teammates wouldn't be readily available to actually be involved in shyt because they'd be dead instantly trying to stick with you - because its not that kind of game.

May as well say Vanquish played like Gears of War. Same problematic comparison.
Don't ask me to waste my time just because you know you say wild shyt on the regular and want others to take extra steps before pulling your card like always :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You could never stand in the middle of a fukking brawl in Andromeda like you do in this game :dead: you'd have to spend an entire playthrough speccing into something like that and even then your teammates wouldn't be readily available to actually be involved in shyt because they'd be dead instantly trying to stick with you - because its not that kind of game.

May as well say Vanquish played like Gears of War. Same problematic comparison.

Don't ask me to waste my time just because you know you say wild shyt on the regular and want others to take extra steps before pulling your card like always :mjlol:

Cry about it, thats what it feels like to me.

And if you gonna say i said something at least post proof. I’ve never said tsushima played like Valhalla, I’ve never even played Valhalla. I said it might have some of the open world problem Ubisoft games have, which it does. Combat in tsushima is nothing like the assassins creed games I’ve played so i wouldn’t say that.

This feels like andromeda in terms of character movement/mechanics. I’m not even sure why anyone would take issue with that statement, its also kind of similar in themes with long corridors in abandoned spaceships

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
oh wow…I bought it and have it downloading before I read this lol
There's a reason damn near every reviewer starts off copping pleas for it in their introduction. Its a good product but its not something you cop for the gameplay. You definitely gotta check your expectations on that aspect before diving in.

Like if Tales from The Borderlands was even half as engaging as this, I'd be recommending it to everyone I know instead of absolutely no one and forgetting I played it most of the time my damned self.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Cry about it, thats what it feels like to me.

And if you gonna say i said something at least post proof. I’ve never said tsushima played like Valhalla, I’ve never even played Valhalla. I said it might have some of the open world problem Ubisoft games have, which it does. Combat in tsushima is nothing like the assassins creed games I’ve played so i wouldn’t say that.

This feels like andromeda in terms of character movement/mechanics. I’m not even sure why anyone would take issue with that statement
you not playing shyt is also a running theme :mjlol: you're not surprising anyone with this new information guy. i hope you don't actually think people take you that seriously :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you not playing shyt is also a running theme :mjlol: you're not surprising anyone with this new information guy. i hope you don't actually think people take you that seriously :dead:

:unimpressed:

Anyway, game is cool so far. i feel like I’m getting more backstory on the characters and lore than I do in the movies. Jet finished one of the space craft flying segments and kinda wish there was a full game of this also.

I also like how they eased up on the slapstick humor that the MCU has. The characters in this don[‘t come off as dummies. Quill seems more like a leader, and Drax seems more like his GOTG 1 personality, more serious.

Rocket is kind of the same, less of an a$$hole. Gamora seems similar, no romantic thing with peter.

Last edited:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny

Shut your bytch ass up