GTA VI Official Anticipation Thread

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Evolving map basically confirms it's an online game first now.

There will be some bullshyt COD esque single player.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
People turning on GTA are corny

shyts been dope since the first one and changed gaming

But if they go too far away from the single player mode with a long great story to the money grabbing multiplayer online shyt they are gonna alienate the core fanbase and neglect what's made the GTA series dope in the first place.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A more online focused GTA is going to suck. I wonder if this is the cause for so many integral people leaving the company.
Naw it’s because they made over a 6 billion** with gta online. Once you make that kind of money with a game or shyt, any product. Your entire business strategy shifts

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
But if they go too far away from the single player mode with a long great story to the money grabbing multiplayer online shyt they are gonna alienate the core fanbase and neglect what's made the GTA series dope in the first place.

I disagree... not with the point you made
but I would call the core fanbase mostly casual
some of the best GTAs throughout history had weak story

more of them have weaker storylines than great ones
I do agree mostly online would suck over a watered down single player
but :yeshrug: thats not gonna stop me from hitting level 100 again

and with the details of different eras through 70s 80s and 90s and building your neighborhood up
that would be impossible to pull off online only
if they kept the game nearly the same but made it where you could build and upgrade the neighborhood, that's already worth it to me.

online has always been the icing on top
same with red dead to me... when I get bored solo I'll jump online and earn a few bucks and turn it off

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I disagree... not with the point you made
but I would call the core fanbase mostly casual
some of the best GTAs throughout history had weak story

more of them have weaker storylines than great ones
I do agree mostly online would suck over a watered down single player
but :yeshrug: thats not gonna stop me from hitting level 100 again

and with the details of different eras through 70s 80s and 90s and building your neighborhood up
that would be impossible to pull off online only
if they kept the game nearly the same but made it where you could build and upgrade the neighborhood, that's already worth it to me.

online has always been the icing on top
same with red dead to me... when I get bored solo I'll jump online and earn a few bucks and turn it off

Okay but GTA series was about the single player story mode. The facts are the facts and only GTA IV & V have had online modes. Look at I-III plus Vice City, San Andreas, TLAD, Ballad all single player story mode, no matter how great or weak the story was, they were long and you lost yourself in it or you just fukked around and did stupid shyt.

To be honest I liked GTA IV's online mode more than V's. The deathmatches I was involved in were legendary and it wasn't all that glitch shyt in V's deathmatches. But I understand that online is where the money's at. I'll still be looking forward to GTA VI's single player story mode whatever they decide to do with it, and for the arrival of RDR3.