GT Sport Open Beta on PS4 Pro vs Forza 7 on PC max settings. Xbots Meltdown occuring

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
some cars

No. All 700+ cars are not in loot boxes.

some cars

Meach. :comeon:

New lows. :scust:

The cars that are in loot boxes are the same as the normal cars, but they have special liveries or bonuses attached to them.

And they count as part of the total car collection. Some are locked behind loot boxes and even T10 would tell you this.

You get up to 100% bonus for dirvatar difficulty, which actually makes more sense imo.

You are able to customize your experience to your liking, while also being able to up the difficulty for more credits.

It used to be (read: pretty much every previous release I can remember) that raising the AI level gave you a bonus and reducing the assists gave you a bonus as well. Pro difficulty with absolute zero assists and full manual + sim steering would net a larger amount of credits as Pro difficulty plus enabled racing line, ABS, and TC with auto gear. :jbhmm: Makes sense as full the former is much more difficult than the latter.

But according to you it makes more sense now to do away with the reduced assist bonus. Pro difficulty with absolute zero assists and full manual + sim steering nets the same amount of points as Pro difficulty plus enabled racing line, ABS, and TC with auto gear. :russ:

I'm a fan of the series but holy shyt the stannery here. :snoop:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Unbiased thoughts:

what about at night? in the rain?

The car models look better in GT but it looks like the environment & cars are more detailed in F7

Is there any X1X footage?
night, rain, and the X1X patch are all in loot boxes

ok ELI5, how does one get these loot boxes now since microtransactions haven't been implemented yet?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
night, rain, and the X1X patch are all in loot boxes

ok ELI5, how does one get these loot boxes now since microtransactions haven't been implemented yet?

Spend your in-game credits and pray RNG-zus blesses you with the unlock you want.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meach. :comeon:

New lows. :scust:

And they count as part of the total car collection. Some are locked behind loot boxes and even T10 would tell you this.
No they don't, and no they aren't.

Forza games always have these cars that are tuned and designed by turn 10. But they don't count towards the car total and they are no different than what you could do with the regular cars.

It used to be (read: pretty much every previous release I can remember) that raising the AI level gave you a bonus and reducing the assists gave you a bonus as well. Pro difficulty with absolute zero assists and full manual + sim steering would net a larger amount of credits as Pro difficulty plus enabled racing line, ABS, and TC with auto gear. :jbhmm: Makes sense as full the former is much more difficult than the latter.

But according to you it makes more sense now to do away with the reduced assist bonus. Pro difficulty with absolute zero assists and full manual + sim steering nets the same amount of points as Pro difficulty plus enabled racing line, ABS, and TC with auto gear. :russ:

I'm a fan of the series but holy shyt the stannery here. :snoop:
How it works now is that all the bonus is based on the A.I. difficulty. I don't have exact numbers on me but it's something like 10%+ for pro. All the way up to 100% for impossible.

You can still make more credits by making the game more difficult, it's just not based on your own assists anymore.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I gotta spend CR to open up loot boxes to get mod cards to earn more CR in races since they modified how driving assists net you CR? That's trash. :francis:

Am seeing that they will atleast make the VIP Pass back to how it was in previous Forza games which is great, but if I have to spend CR on loot boxes, that's gonna be trash. CR shouldn't be something you have to grind for. It should be rewarded based on your driving ability AND competition.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I gotta spend CR to open up loot boxes to get mod cards to earn more CR in races since they modified how driving assists net you CR? That's trash. :francis:

Am seeing that they will atleast make the VIP Pass back to how it was in previous Forza games which is great, but if I have to spend CR on loot boxes, that's gonna be trash. CR shouldn't be something you have to grind for. It should be rewarded based on your driving ability AND competition.
CR is rewarded through racing. And you earn more CR by playing on higher difficulties.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
can I get new cars, and upgrade them, without worrying about loot boxes?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
CR is rewarded through racing. And you earn more CR by playing on higher difficulties.

I understand that, but coming off every other Forza ever, turning off assists made for a more rewarding experience in gameplay and with the CR you got. You were rewarded for your ability AND the competition. Not one or the other, but both.

So now a question is, did they change the amount of CR you get from higher difficulties to cover the loss of CR from taking away assists, or are the mod cards supposed to supplement that perceived loss?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I understand that, but coming off every other Forza ever, turning off assists made for a more rewarding experience in gameplay and with the CR you got. You were rewarded for your ability AND the competition. Not one or the other, but both.
yea its different, but i don't think it's for the worse.

If you've played Forza for years you know that driving some cars with assists on/off really fukks up the feeling a driving them. It's not really realistic to have stability control on a old muscle car, and conversely it's not realistic to have no assists on a modern super car. This way you aren't forced to make those decisions based on trying to earn more credits.
So now a question is, did they change the amount of CR you get from higher difficulties to cover the loss of CR from taking away assists, or are the mod cards supposed to supplement that perceived loss?
Yes. You can make up to 100% extra by changing the difficulty of the A.I.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
yea its different, but i don't think it's for the worse.

If you've played Forza for years you know that driving some cars with assists on/off really fukks up the feeling a driving them. It's not really realistic to have stability control on a old muscle car, and conversely it's not realistic to have no assists on a modern super car. This way you aren't forced to make those decisions based on trying to earn more credits.

Yes. You can make up to 100% extra by changing the difficulty of the A.I.

I prefer to play manual with no braking lines with above average A.I. Was always fun as a primary tuner guy.

As far as upping difficulty, that's not new to Forza tho, I know you can do that to make more CR(hence why I continue to say you were rewarded for ability and competition). I'm asking about the differences in CR you're making in 7 vs say 6 or FH3 with the same difficulty settings. If they're pushing people towards loot boxes that give out mod cards, I'd assume the CR we're being rewarded with in 7 is going to feel less than Horizon 3 or Motorsport 6. Is there any math done on that yet, or have you yourself seen a noticeable change in the amounts rewarded now vs in the past?