GREEN LANTERN to be John Stewart, not Hal Jordan, in DCEU

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
tumblr_ngp97u8iXC1u53sgbo2_500.gif

Don't care if hes in his 40s

He would be a good fit although I would prefer someone a little younger he could come across as a great voice of reason for Supes and balance out Crazy Bruce

Green Lantern is where they fukked up because he could have been the glue for bringing all of the justice league together based on his knowledge of the broader universe with the lanterns

They could have had them out in space trying to fight off Darkseid and coming together out of necessity and coincidental circumstance

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Should have been Kyle Rayner.....John is boring as shyt

He the straight man in the cartoons that's for sure. Definitely the least dynamic and interesting of the main cast, but I still liked him.

Since I grew up more on cartoons and movies than comics, it's weird to see Hal Jordan be funny and cocky and have a bunch of one liners cuz that was always Flash's role.

So when I was watching Justice League War and GL was the one cracking all the jokes and Flash was sorta just there I was mad confused lol.

But let's be honest, being excited about it being Jon Stewart is mainly about wanting to see a strong black man with great power on screen representing us. They can inject more life into his character easily. Make him a hybrid where he's serious like Jon but also can be funny like Hal.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
He the straight man in the cartoons that's for sure. Definitely the least dynamic and interesting of the main cast, but I still liked him.

Since I grew up more on cartoons and movies than comics, it's weird to see Hal Jordan be funny and cocky and have a bunch of one liners cuz that was always Flash's role.

So when I was watching Justice League War and GL was the one cracking all the jokes and Flash was sorta just there I was mad confused lol.

But let's be honest, being excited about it being Jon Stewart is mainly about wanting to see a strong black man with great power on screen representing us. They can inject more life into his character easily. Make him a hybrid where he's serious like Jon but also can be funny like Hal.

tumblr_mztybav4M41r33r0fo1_r2_400.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Ironically, some comic fans will tell you that "the powers that be" injected more life into Hal by making him "funnier" like Kyle Rayner and "Batman's punching bag" like Guy Gardner.

Kyle was the boot leg Peter Parker cracking jokes and Guy was the cocky dumbass who would get sonned... but when they brought Hal Jordan back to life in the mid-late 00's, they wanted him as 'the man' and infused a lot of the characteristics that defined the other two. So he basically has 3 different personalities now depending on the story arc.

They switched out the Flash character too. So he's not the "funny" one (red head Wally) but the 'boring' serious one (blonde hair Barry). In fact, as far as least dynamic goes.. superman, green lantern, flash, wonder woman, and aquaman could all be pretty generic depending on what they do with their character.

Take Wonder Woman, in previous incarnations she is this peaceful mature ambassador.. but in the recent Justice League movies, they made her this fight first, temper tantrum having would-be killer. They spiced her up. They'll take whatever liberties with any of the characters, which is why i'm not concerned with any of the ______ is boring stuff.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Ironically, some comic fans will tell you that "the powers that be" injected more life into Hal by making him "funnier" like Kyle Rayner and "Batman's punching bag" like Guy Gardner.

Kyle was the boot leg Peter Parker cracking jokes and Guy was the cocky dumbass who would get sonned... but when they brought Hal Jordan back to life in the mid-late 00's, they wanted him as 'the man' and infused a lot of the characteristics that defined the other two. So he basically has 3 different personalities now depending on the story arc.

They switched out the Flash character too. So he's not the "funny" one (red head Wally) but the 'boring' serious one (blonde hair Barry). In fact, as far as least dynamic goes.. superman, green lantern, flash, wonder woman, and aquaman could all be pretty generic depending on what they do with their character.

Take Wonder Woman, in previous incarnations she is this peaceful mature ambassador.. but in the recent Justice League movies, they made her this fight first, temper tantrum having would-be killer. They spiced her up. They'll take whatever liberties with any of the characters, which is why i'm not concerned with any of the ______ is boring stuff.

Thanks for the knowledge :salute:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Thanks for the knowledge :salute:

No prob :handshake:

For example, early John Stewart:

john-stewart-green-lantern-2.jpg

and

So as far as varying characterizations go, Stewart came in as edgy, rebellious, and down right confrontational (if not militant)... and that's in addition to being the 'hip' one compared to Hal, basically calling shyt corny and saying he finna do things his own way.

Not saying that I expect WB to make him Malcolm X with a power ring, but that being a 'reserved' army guy is just one interpretation. He's been the 'smooth' black male with some :pacspit: in him, among other renditions.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
A lot off unprecedented Tyrese hate in the thread

Acting like Tyrese hasn't already played the character in the Transformers movies:rudy:

Acting like Tyrese couldn't inject his F&F humor to give the character some personality:rudy:

Acting like he hasn't been a been a major part of two global franchises :rudy:

Him getting the role does make sense:yeshrug: and isn't worse than the rest of the cast:scust: