GREEN LANTERN to be John Stewart, not Hal Jordan, in DCEU

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Not just the male leads, a Vixen movie would legit get my interest and Im not really into female superheroes :manny:

John Stewart, Steel, Static, Bronze Tiger, Mr. Terrific, Dakotaverse characters like Icon, Rocket and Hardware can all be multimillion to billion dollar franchises

We need to start tweeting James Gunn to do something with these propertie
I've stated many times
Vixen and Mister terrific are right there. both excellent characters
but they turned mister terrific into a shadow of what he really is in Arrow:snoop:
and vixen they tried but not hard enough:mjpls:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not just the male leads, a Vixen movie would legit get my interest and Im not really into female superheroes :manny:

John Stewart, Steel, Static, Bronze Tiger, Mr. Terrific, Dakotaverse characters like Icon, Rocket and Hardware can all be multimillion to billion dollar franchises

We need to start tweeting James Gunn to do something with these propertie

I dont remember what Gunn almost got Canceled for so I'm not saying this from a morality standpoint but I think DC can capitalize on just making flicks that dont feel like they are hitting "quota" boxes like many feel MCU is doing now (I'm not here to say they are or aren't, but more so calling out what is happening).

Pretty on some oh yall want T'Challa we will give you your fix
Oh you dont wanna hear about Incels will here is a strong Woman character who had her own journey to get to where she is and simply fights
etc.

DC has shown imo it could do the comedy light hearted stuff right with Shazam, Peacemaker showed it it can do the R Rated Comedy, Black Adam showed they could do a text book big budget solo flick, and Batman and Joker should they can do something artistic/make film purist happy.

The next 5 years will be interesting from the competition landscape because even though I feel the MCU phase 4 was horrible, I got a feeling from Antman and beyond things may return to form.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I've stated many times
Vixen and Mister terrific are right there. both excellent characters
but they turned mister terrific into a shadow of what he really is in Arrow:snoop:
and vixen they tried but not hard enough:mjpls:

Theres so many team ups and ways to use these characters which imo they havent done its insane!!! What is Mister Terrifics moveset though I know hes a genius

I dont remember what Gunn almost got Canceled for so I'm not saying this from a morality standpoint but I think DC can capitalize on just making flicks that dont feel like they are hitting "quota" boxes like many feel MCU is doing now (I'm not here to say they are or aren't, but more so calling out what is happening).

Pretty on some oh yall want T'Challa we will give you your fix
Oh you dont wanna hear about Incels will here is a strong Woman character who had her own journey to get to where she is and simply fights
etc.

DC has shown imo it could do the comedy light hearted stuff right with Shazam, Peacemaker showed it it can do the R Rated Comedy, Black Adam showed they could do a text book big budget solo flick, and Batman and Joker should they can do something artistic/make film purist happy.

The next 5 years will be interesting from the competition landscape because even though I feel the MCU phase 4 was horrible, I got a feeling from Antman and beyond things may return to form.

Me personally I got a fukkton of ideas we could do with these. Specifically a Bronze Tiger centered movie going after his former master Richard Dragon trail who with appearances from David Cain and Lady Shiva as the antagonists.

I would set up Steel the same way that he was intoduced in the DCAMU, as an assitant to Cyborgs father who was affected by the death of Superman and have him go up and fight either Metallo or Cyborg Superman, like DCs answer to Iron Man (sorry Victor)

I agree on Superman being a SUPER easy set up for Icon and rocket the shyt writes itself, have it start out always having being a secret hero since he crah landed in the South but then finally deciding to go public due to the Dakota metahuman incident AND the appearance of the Justice League while also noticing that that the JL dont show up to the hood :mjpls: so he takes matters into his own hands. Cast Shannon Sharpe and have Keith David do the voice over like James Earl Jones did for Darth Vader :mjlol:

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

We need to start tweeting James Gunn to do something with these properties
Agreed, these characters are something fresh and can bring up new stories that haven't been touched in superhero films. I just hope we get the right directors and writers behind these projects because I don't want to get something corny like that Luke Cage series where we seen the man do a dab lol

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
Idris would be good if they were going for that look of john stewart
So you aren't wrong, but I would like to see some good ol' fashion Black American blood portraying a Black American Marine. And yes, this is coming from a Black American Marine. To add to this I would suggest the brother from Birdbox, Mike, and Moonlight Y'lan Noel. I think he would do a damn good job portraying John Stewart and if you wanted an older JS, then I would vote for Sterling K. Brown.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reviving this old thread instead of making a new one BUUUT, link to this article that I hope doesn't happen. There are plenty of American Black actors that can play this role. I'm getting tired of seeing the same actors being recycled into different roles as if there isn't enough new blood out here.

Ten years ago the same people complaining would have wanted Idris Elba in the role. :unimpressed:

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
Ten years ago the same people complaining would have wanted Idris Elba in the role. :unimpressed:
True but I also think that 10 years ago we did not have damn near every Black role being portrayed by someone foreign born. Then again I could be completely wrong in my assessment as well. I just feel like there are more famous foreign born Blacks eating into most of the popular roles nowadays than say Sterling K. Brown or Y'lan Noel or hell even Michael Jai White. Now that I'm thinking about it, MJW would crush the role of John Stewart.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
So you aren't wrong, but I would like to see some good ol' fashion Black American blood portraying a Black American Marine. And yes, this is coming from a Black American Marine. To add to this I would suggest the brother from Birdbox, Mike, and Moonlight Y'lan Noel. I think he would do a damn good job portraying John Stewart and if you wanted an older JS, then I would vote for Sterling K. Brown.
He’d be good as well.