Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition | PC/PS/Xbox/Switch | Out Now

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Imagine paying 70 for a remaster thats going to look like a shinier version of a playstation 2 game. This is going to flop, Rockstar is trippin. Should be $30 max
Agree with everything except the flop part. It’s definitely gonna sell millions with no flop on sight…Rockstar can sell bagged shyt on a stick and these retards will buy it

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll wait and see what the changes are. People are talking about something with zero footage/pictures to make claims about.

I'm kind've in the same boat. If these are just uprezzed versions of stuff from a 20 year old game engine that plays the same, I'm super good on all that.

But if they even put in Mass Effect Legendary Edition type work (which, in the grand scheme wasn't a ton of work, compared to what people wanted), I could be talked into it. I haven't played Vice City and San Andreas since they came out, and never played 3. Could be good fodder for a slow month when nothing new is out, and I don't feel like playing any of the other games I own but somehow refuse to download.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I'm truly surprised that people are against this remake when we have remakes and remasters coming from games that literally hit last year for the first time. These are medium defining games that are stuck on outdated hardware (save for PC) and the controls for these games are horrible, almost offensively horrible. To bring these games up to spec in some way is great and to get GTA3, Vice City & San Andreas in one package is pretty good on the value scale as far as I'm concerned, assuming they control well. I wouldn't mind jumping back into GTA 3 again, doing shyt around Liberty City, listening to Spit Game once or twice again. This is one of the few remakes I'm actually interested in.
They've been rereleased every generation since.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
The fact they've shown zero gameplay from these remasters tells you all you need to know.

If they had this thing looking and playing significantly better than the originals, you don't think they'd show you footage to get buzz going and help pre-orders? :jbhmm:
no cuz buzz gonna be going regardless #1its rockstar #2 its GTA they blind will cop regardless

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I'm truly surprised that people are against this remake when we have remakes and remasters coming from games that literally hit last year for the first time. These are medium defining games that are stuck on outdated hardware (save for PC) and the controls for these games are horrible, almost offensively horrible. To bring these games up to spec in some way is great and to get GTA3, Vice City & San Andreas in one package is pretty good on the value scale as far as I'm concerned, assuming they control well. I wouldn't mind jumping back into GTA 3 again, doing shyt around Liberty City, listening to Spit Game once or twice again. This is one of the few remakes I'm actually interested in.
honestly i dont even remember beating vice city and i know i didnt beat SA cuz of bytch ass flight school...so im def copping

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:bryan:Y’all thinking Rockstar cares about updating this. GTAO, Oblivion, and Madden getting remakes & ports every damn year.

Masses are about to eat this up with no backlash.
When did Oblivion get a port/remake/remaster?