Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition | PC/PS/Xbox/Switch | Out Now

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Well, from what I've read, this is being ported to UE4 so this can't be a quick and dirty from the Renderware of yesteryear. The controls are still out to question. That's the only way I bite on this so I know I'm asking for a lot here.
I didn’t know that, do you have a link?

I’m skeptical just from buying and playing the SA 360 port. The controls were terrible, the graphics were awful, it was unplayable. If the release all three without updating everything it will be a disaster. I don’t have faith they will put out anything besides a rehash for some quick cash.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I didn’t know that, do you have a link?

I’m skeptical just from buying and playing the SA 360 port. The controls were terrible, the graphics were awful, it was unplayable. If the release all three without updating everything it will be a disaster. I don’t have faith they will put out anything besides a rehash for some quick cash.

Dataminers went to work. This makes sense though that when EA bought Criterion, they also bought Renderware. EA killed Renderware when they moved to Frostbite. The last console game to use Renderware came out in 2009. I am surprised that this doesn't use their own RAGE engine. That said, I know it won't be this video I post below but depending on the work they do, it could still be something decent.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Dataminers went to work. This makes sense though that when EA bought Criterion, they also bought Renderware. EA killed Renderware when they moved to Frostbite. The last console game to use Renderware came out in 2009. I am surprised that this doesn't use their own RAGE engine. That said, I know it won't be this video I post below but depending on the work they do, it could still be something decent.

That mod would murder even high end pcs :picard:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who buys this shyt at full price is retarded. Point blank.

T2/R* needs to be humbled DESPERATELY. they think everything they touch turns to gold and they could just shell out recycled half azz bullshyt forever.

If this does not flop we are getting GTA 1, 2, State of Emergency, Smuggler's Run trilogy and Midnight Club Trilogy "Remastered" before they even dream about a GTA6 :snoop:

iu

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I'm truly surprised that people are against this remake when we have remakes and remasters coming from games that literally hit last year for the first time. These are medium defining games that are stuck on outdated hardware (save for PC) and the controls for these games are horrible, almost offensively horrible. To bring these games up to spec in some way is great and to get GTA3, Vice City & San Andreas in one package is pretty good on the value scale as far as I'm concerned, assuming they control well. I wouldn't mind jumping back into GTA 3 again, doing shyt around Liberty City, listening to Spit Game once or twice again. This is one of the few remakes I'm actually interested in.

You think these remasters are gonna make them games feel modern? :mjlol:

I got a bridge to sell you in Broker :mjgrin:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
You think these remasters are gonna make them games feel modern? :mjlol:

I got a bridge to sell you in Broker :mjgrin:

My viewpoint on modern is to not have a control scheme that isn't utter trash. They have nowhere but up to go. Graphics are whatever. Most of us that tried these games and then left them largely left the games unfinished because you were fighting the controls more than you were the enemies. I'm sure for most, it's a win if it controls substantially better.

The fact they've shown zero gameplay from these remasters tells you all you need to know.

If they had this thing looking and playing significantly better than the originals, you don't think they'd show you footage to get buzz going and help pre-orders? :jbhmm:

This may very well be true. However, I would contend that Rockstar doesn't have to show anything to drum up support for this.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:laff: naw I'm very cool on this...

GTO made rockstar lose their fukking minds :skip:

it will probably sell tho

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
They just gonna put a shine job on the PS2 versions and re-release

Thats why there hasnt been any type of trailer or gameplay. If ppl didnt come at they neck so hard after that fugazi trailer showing the "next gen" version, Rockstar wouldve been showed their ass lol

JNew

Superstar
Daps
I'm truly surprised that people are against this remake when we have remakes and remasters coming from games that literally hit last year for the first time. These are medium defining games that are stuck on outdated hardware (save for PC) and the controls for these games are horrible, almost offensively horrible. To bring these games up to spec in some way is great and to get GTA3, Vice City & San Andreas in one package is pretty good on the value scale as far as I'm concerned, assuming they control well. I wouldn't mind jumping back into GTA 3 again, doing shyt around Liberty City, listening to Spit Game once or twice again. This is one of the few remakes I'm actually interested in.

Exactly and I can’t wait for a release of Pac-Man and Tetris for Xbox series x and ps5 for 70$.

:mjgrin:

This game isn’t a remake it’s a basically a “rerelease”, money grab, by an already greedy company.