Gran Turismo Sport VS. Forza 7 and the hypocrisy of internet gaming cacs.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You played the most recent demo or the closed beta? The graphics looked really good especially with HDR on the most recent demo even compared to F7 on PC.

You could ask others @spliz
Yeah I tried the newest shyt and it wasn't impressive to me. I play really close, though, cuz I use a force feedback steering wheel so I notice all the jagged edges and blurry backgrounds. GT is my fav racing series, though :patrice:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All I see is a declining trend in sales and furious sony stans :mjlol:

And still destroying Forza sales
616dba5ed1392a0981b02c2e4e12c056.png

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I've always felt that a racing simulator that's a PC exclusive would be a great idea. All of that physics and realism is suitable for a highend PC not a fukking console. 'Console racing sim' is a joke genre like bullet hell shmups that those creepy 'love pillow' Japanese virgins play.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sport is more focused on the Motorsports aspect than a mainline numbered entry. Not that big the US and taken more seriously in Europe.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I tried the newest shyt and it wasn't impressive to me. I play really close, though, cuz I use a force feedback steering wheel so I notice all the jagged edges and blurry backgrounds. GT is my fav racing series, though :patrice:
idk what to tell you. Besides the resolution being better on PC for F7 obviously, GT Sport is pretty much edges out F7 in all other aspects.

Digital Foundry:

Video:

Article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...a-motorsport-7

For the purposes of our analysis, we looked at Gran Turismo Sport primarily running on PlayStation 4 Pro using its higher resolution 1800p checkerboard mode, while in the case of Forza 7, the lack of Xbox One X code made us settle on the PC version with all settings maxed out and resolution set to native 4K
whereas Forza Motorsport 7 goes way beyond the call of duty, GT Sport takes things to a whole new level. Higher polygon counts on incidental detail - right down to in-cabin air vents

Curiously, Forza 7 appears faster than GT Sport in motion, but this is down a slightly different focal length and the use of a subtle motion blur effect, both of which accentuate speed in the Turn 10 title. When driving, the two games line-up almost identically when racing on a laser-scanned track

Ultimately, whether you're into Gran Turismo or Forza, both games are gorgeous and represent top teams working at peak levels to deliver beautiful, high frame-rate racing games for both consoles (and an exceptional PC version of Forza is the icing on the cake).

The approach and philosophy of the studios may vary, and the implementation of key features in Forza and Gran Turismo reflects very different priorities in development - but the rivalry is real

And this leads to a fascinating question: Polyphony's extreme standards see its models stand up to the most insane level of scrutiny in a way that Forza's models can't quite match. But at the same time, Turn 10 is able to deliver far more cars, making for a release with considerably more content. It's perfectly legitimate to ask which approach is better for the gamer: Polyphony's quest for absolute precision must surely be a key reason why it's so far behind Forza 7 in terms of the sheer range of game content. But at the same time, respect must be given for a developer looking to push the state of the visual arts, and this exacting focus has more impact elsewhere within the game.

4K Comparison Images
90jsjq.jpg

bces74.jpg

axssc0.jpg

4wwsce.jpg

The lighting in GTS looks sublime.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk what to tell you. Besides the resolution being better on PC for F7 obviously, GT Sport is pretty much edges out F7 in all other aspects.

Digital Foundry:

Video:

Article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...a-motorsport-7

4K Comparison Images
90jsjq.jpg

bces74.jpg

axssc0.jpg

4wwsce.jpg

The lighting in GTS looks sublime.

Appreciate the post, but maybe they were using dynamic settings on forza 7 instead of true ultra cuz I play with two titan x's on a 55" sony and everyone I showed both to said forza looked better at the distance my steering wheel is placed. :manny: I'll probably still cop GT Sport anyway, though :russ: