Gran Turismo Sport VS. Forza 7 and the hypocrisy of internet gaming cacs.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Always online is trash. Forget the hypotheticals about people in jungles without good enough wifi. For me, an always online game means that I'm essentially renting the game for an extended period of time. I don't like the idea of paying for something that I have no control over. Off the top of my head, the only time I find it even passable is with MMO type games that from the jump, you should have the understanding that these games require an always online connection to accomplish what they want to do.
This single player always online nonsense is whack especially in a racing game.
Racing games to me have been :russell: since forever. I was big on them in the Jetmoto, F-Zero, Daytona USA, and OG Need for Speed days. All the recent stuff seems like it lacks soul to me. That said, if I was only picking one racing game, I'd go with Forza over GT...but...I'll end up trying GT regardless just to see what's up, if for no other reason than to check out the PSVR mode.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
You making another one of your cry baby threads means this game must be fire.

Instant Cop for me

GT Sport looks kinda mediocre tbh and I love racing games. Forza 7 looks to be the better sim cop. Or Project Cars 2. GT Sport is pretty damn gorgeous tho, but always online is trash for a racing game.

you can't afford internet or what you bum ass nikka:scust:

Always online lends to bigger issues than this. Anybody can always be online but this also means like @Kamikaze Revy said, the games potential lifespan is out of your control. If they shut those servers down for whatever, the game becomes a coaster.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
GT Sport looks kinda mediocre tbh and I love racing games. Forza 7 looks to be the better sim cop. Or Project Cars 2. GT Sport is pretty damn gorgeous tho, but always online is trash for a racing game.

Always online lends to bigger issues than this. Anybody can always be online but this also means like @Kamikaze Revy said, the games potential lifespan is out of your control. If they shut those servers down for whatever, the game becomes a coaster.

It's fine , it's 2017, I can't remember the last time my console was offline ...i mean why ?

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
If you've been paying attention over the last couple years, there's always been something the internet gaming community is outraged at.

From online passes to "always online" drm, dlc, day one patches, micro transactions, unfinished games, etc, to now "loot boxes" being the current demon.

If you've paid further attention, you'd see that the outrage is conditional. Depending on the developer, publisher, and platform the outrage seems to change.

Kinda like how GTA can have pay to win DLC and nobody cares, but battlefield has it and "ea is the worst company on earth" yet Titanfall has none of that and doesn't get any credit for it.

Which brings us to Gran Turismo Sport

Gran Turismo can literally check off almost every outrage inducing feature.

Always online
Huge day one patch
Unfinished game
Promised features missing day one.
Cut content with plans to sell it back as DLC.
fukked up servers at launch leaving people with a useless disc.

Yet there's no outrage, even got "gamers" mad that reviewers aren't praising the game.

While Forza 7 is a complete game with more content than ever. More content than it's competitors. Purposely decided to NOT have any micro transactions until people are satisfied with the in game economy.

But all we heard around launch was outrage over "loot boxes". And Microsoft being "greedy"

What gives?

If all those outragable offenses are so bad, then shouldn't games like Titanfall and Forza get praise?

Why is "gamer" outrage so conditional?

Discuss.......
fukk Forza. Gamers respect good gameplay above all else. Gran Turismo Sport has the best gameplay thus far for a console racer. Is the best with both a controller and wheel. Is an actual real simulation compared to Forza 7.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
fukk Forza. Gamers respect good gameplay above all else. Gran Turismo Sport has the best gameplay thus far for a console racer. Is the best with both a controller and wheel. Is an actual real simulation compared to Forza 7.
Does your car in real life require you to be connected to the internet to be able to drive it? :DAIGOCOFFEE:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Does your car in real life require you to be connected to the internet to be able to drive it? :DAIGOCOFFEE:
My two favorite games this gen are online only. Destiny 2 and Gran Turismo Sport. I gives no fukks. PS4 has done its job, even of I dont buy another game until PS5 drops. Im content with the library I have.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Sony stans

lalalala-listening.jpg