Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's probably the most no need to buy microtransactions friendly game on the market breh. :heh:

You know nikkas just repeat what they hear on twitter

I swore ya'll were talking about microtransactions (like 2k) on this joint when it first hit and I remember them saying it in the reviews, which is why I stayed away from this.

now this game is back at $70, so there's no way in hell I'm gonna buy it NOT on sale :snoop:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I swore ya'll were talking about microtransactions (like 2k) on this joint when it first hit and I remember them saying it in the reviews, which is why I stayed away from this.

now this game is back at $70, so there's no way in hell I'm gonna buy it NOT on sale :snoop:
The general sentiment was that the prize spins were shytty and set to encourage microtransactions

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
The general sentiment was that the prize spins were shytty and set to encourage microtransactions

And they are still pretty meh but you've got to be a mug to put real world money in. Doesn't take much grind to get everything you're likely to want if you go through all the menus and circuit experiences.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I definitely dropped a little 10 bucks piece on this to grab a limited car that I wanted and didn't have the heart to grind for. Not proud of that lol but I'm sure others definitely used it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Glad to hear the full game is in VR

We're thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2's next gen features.

With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Can someone say if GT7 is worth it? It got trashed at release, I may buy but not sure yet.

One of the best Sim racers out. Definitely the best on console. However it's also unapologetically cross gen.

They've added a ton of content to it since launch (and continue to drip feed every month).

It got killed for the micro transactions but the reality is it was a bullshyt criticism. There's a few vanity cars that go for like 7-20m, but they aren't competitive at all in races. Otherwise, you don't ever need to spend any money to buy any cars (I never did and I maxed out). There's plenty of races that give you +400k payouts, and close to 800k if you race clean. Daily roulettes too where you can win free cash or cars.

Full game will support VR, with the exception of splitscreen.

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
I don't know, I've never use steering wheel in my life it will be my first time to use it but I went to Best Buy in-store a couple weeks ago, I saw they have True Force's Logitech G923 steering wheel demo and I tried to use it and how does it feel, I liked it. I don't know nothing much about steering wheel like you guys but what do you recommend?

6423223_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Good brand. I’ve only ever had Logitech wheels and I’ve been using wheels since gt2. I’ve had driving force, driving force pro and most recently a g27, which I bought used and it’s been flawless for the last 12yrs.

I’m getting a direct drive this year fasho tho. They’re smoother, a bigger wheel can be used and the vids I’ve seen of them counter-steering:wow:

If you’re a casual, a gear driven wheel will do. But if you’re a bonafied 6-cert, 6-figga coli nikka, or if you love playing racing sims, get a direct drive wheel.