Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I quit playing this months ago since I finished the cafe books, but picked it up again recently because I saw there were new cafe books from when I last played.

What the fukk is this K-cup bullshyt. I gotta make up ground in a fukking golf cart ass ride starting from 15 with a rolling start? I got 2nd or 3rd in the American & Asian races, but I'm stuck on the Euro race :francis:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Just started...had the pre-order version so I got those cars & copped a Supra & 991

Now I kinda want to put it on the shelf again until I get a PSVR2

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Okay the short 5 lap races in the beginning are cool and all, but this game really shines after you start getting into the longer, more involved races.

I decided to do the High Speed Ring mission, which basically means you have 30 minutes to go from last to first (low to mid 20 laps). The tricky thing is this race uses dynamic weather, so you have to keep an eye on the water gauge, and make decisions on when to pit, whether to go intermediates or full wet tyres, save gas to go on long stints, or stay in fuel 1 and burn it all after 6 or so laps, etc.

The crazy thing is the AI seems to struggle with this too, with some drivers going in immediately when the rain starts, whereas others stay on the slicks longer, and try to eke out another fast lap or two. I was amazed to see how utterly slow some cars had to go, and even then there were a few yellow flags from racers getting spun around (I even got a 5 second penalty for overtaking during yellow :yayo:).

Its rare and refreshing to see a racing game where the AI is so good at both driving fast, and also mimicking human error. So often in other games I've seen AI drive perfectly on the racing line even under shytty conditions, but that is not the case here, and it's really quite amazing.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what steering wheel you looking to get?

I don't know, I've never use steering wheel in my life it will be my first time to use it but I went to Best Buy in-store a couple weeks ago, I saw they have True Force's Logitech G923 steering wheel demo and I tried to use it and how does it feel, I liked it. I don't know nothing much about steering wheel like you guys but what do you recommend?

6423223_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know, I've never use steering wheel in my life it will be my first time to use it but I went to Best Buy in-store a couple weeks ago, I saw they have True Force's Logitech G923 steering wheel demo and I tried to use it and how does it feel, I liked it. I don't know nothing much about steering wheel like you guys but what do you recommend?

6423223_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

no recommendations…that’s all that matters at the bold :yes:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is this game still riddled with microtransactions?

That wasn't the issue - the issue was with certain cars being very expensive pushing users to use money to get them quickly or else grind in game like crazy.

I think they "fixed" but not sure, getting the top cars never interested me. Certain aspects of the game are disappointing, like the online mode (worse than GT Sport) and the single player (not bad as such but not what the OG games were like) but the gameplay itself is super solid. Unfortunately the soundtrack is also trash.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
That wasn't the issue - the issue was with certain cars being very expensive pushing users to use money to get them quickly or else grind in game like crazy.

I think they "fixed" but not sure, getting the top cars never interested me. Certain aspects of the game are disappointing, like the online mode (worse than GT Sport) and the single player (not bad as such but not what the OG games were like) but the gameplay itself is super solid. Unfortunately the soundtrack is also trash.

Yea GT soundtracks used to put you right there in them countries while racing:wow:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

do the cars take damage on PS5?

I'm on the fence about purchasing this.