GOTY 2021 Nominations are out *update* Rift Apart wins? LEAK

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
R&C doesn't belong.

Can't speak on ITT or PS2 cuz I haven't played them but out of those I'd say RE8 is probably GOTY.

It gets the nod over Dread because it's longer and has more content, and the nod over Deathloop because it's less repetitive.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
R&C doesn't belong.

Can't speak on ITT or PS2 cuz I haven't played them but out of those I'd say RE8 is probably GOTY.

It gets the nod over Dread because it's longer and has more content, and the nod over Deathloop because it's less repetitive.

Funny part about this is Village isn’t really that much longer than Dread, they are both around 10 hours long

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just cast my vote for God of war Ragnarok as most anticipated. It was close between that and Elden Ring but Kratos won

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Funny part about this is Village isn’t really that much longer than Dread, they are both around 10 hours long

I got stuck in dread and beat it in 9 hours and I felt that if I wasn't a dumbass and picked up the boss patterns I could have beaten it sooner.

My RE8 playthrough was longer, but maybe if I knew exactly what to do it would be 10. :yeshrug:

On the flipside of that Dread has more replayability :patrice:

There's an argument, but I'm still leaning towards RE8

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that’s a hell of a lineup

FEVRapRXoAYbCQ1

playstation got you covered, and thats just half of it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of games were released this year but overall it was mid imo. You can pretty much take any GOTY contender from last year, and it would win this year.

Looking forward to next year. It’s looking like it’s going to be great.
This year was far from mid. Especially for a year 1

You are comparing the end of a generation (and middle with Nintendo) to the start of one.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This year was far from mid. Especially for a year 1

You are comparing the end of a generation (and middle with Nintendo) to the start of one.

I think mid was strong in a vacuum, but for me if I’m comparing to last yr I might be inclined to use mid. I understand why it’s the case, but from my POV it doesn’t really matter. Doesn’t make either year better or worse, just gives an explanation. Moral victories, minor league coaches, and all that

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think mid was strong in a vacuum, but for me if I’m comparing to last yr I might be inclined to use mid. I understand why it’s the case, but from my POV it doesn’t really matter. Doesn’t make either year better or worse, just gives an explanation. Moral victories, minor league coaches, and all that
Reasonable reasoning