Gotta Have Some F*cking Pride and Optimism. Brooklyn Nets 22-23 Season Thread

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not even being combative when I ask this. To those who blame Tsai/Marks 100% for this, knowing what we know now, what would you have done differently?

Not trade for Harden?
Extend Kyrie?
I wish they had took a more stern approach from the gate with 7/11. Yeah it’s exciting that you want to sign here (Kyrie) and KD is down with him, but you gotta buy in to what our goal is. They should have never Hired Steve Nash after Kenny resigned. JV wasn’t ready yet, but they could have gotten a better coach. They should have never got greedy and traded for James Harden. I understand we probably wouldn’t have been able to resign Jared Allen and em, but they foolishly gave up a lot of assets for a run at chip in a small window to do so. Sean Mark/Tsai unfortunately were way in over their heads managing 2 weird superstars and the whole experience has been a disaster for everyone involved, they all should be embarrassed with themselves. :unimpressed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True, but I refuse to let one team ruin my fandom happiness, lol.

what ruins them is having aspirations…I was content just rooting for a team from brooklyn…but getting kyrie and KD and then harden made me really have realistic dreams of seeing us get a chip…you eventually get “accustomed” to having nothing…but to have a squad like that and having it dismantled in a year’s time fukking stings smh

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not even being combative when I ask this. To those who blame Tsai/Marks 100% for this, knowing what we know now, what would you have done differently?

Not trade for Harden?
Extend Kyrie?
I don’t blame them for not doing it but clearly if they wanted to keep KD they should have extended Kyrie. Could have always traded him later for the return they got.

Jesus Christ I woke up and I saw one of those tweets about the nets roster and saw they had Mikal bridges and my dumb ass was looking for KD too :mjlol:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hiring Nash was a mistake.

Going for Harden was a mistake, should have pushed for a good Big.

Kyrie did a bunch of questionable shyt but he was playing his ass off this season.

KD is KD outside of injury.

All this tells me is Marks and Tsai don't know how to treat superstars.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
I hate to say it but I fxcking CALLED this shyt :snoop:
Joe Tsai is NOT the owner you want if you're trying to win championships.

He can't handle having true superstars on his squad, and has officially put the league on notice

Fxck this shyt.

Mofukka really blew up a championship roster in the middle of a championship run.... on some ego shyt.

Now we gotta sit there and watch bytchazz Milwaukee keep winning.