Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I dont think gotham is touching the flash, or arrow, let's be real

This show is introducing all these super villains with batman realistically 10 years away from surfacing

The writers are fukking themselves, cause what will this show end up being? Gordon is your main character and he's going to be taking losses every week against these characters

The only way this show can make it long term is if they do a time jump between seasons IMO

We gotta have batman season 3

Not really. So far we have been introduced to people who will become super-villains but at the moment they are either small children, incapacitated, not evil yet or just gangsters/regular criminals. Nobody is running around in fancy costumes plotting elaborate crimes yet.
All of these characters (Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Joker etc. ) were in Gotham City all along and in the comics they take the angle that they all started running around in costumes and calling themselves strange names as a direct result of Batman appearing. But they were all already there and we are just seeing them before they took the leap from villain to super villain.

I don't know how they realistically write bullock and Gordon going against these super villains... The super villains aren't going to be killed off and can only escape from jail so many times... They will be taking losses every week
Bad guys constantly breaking out of jail basically summs up the entirety of Batman's crimefighting career...he locks them up they break out and the cycle starts again.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
The overrall success will be based on how creative they can get with the plot twists while staying true to Batman's origins and not confusing or offending the core fans
The only thing they stayed truthful to, is the names. They pretty much fukked up everybody's origin and this show is more closer to a parody of the Batman mythos than a creative retelling of it. The only way to enjoy this show is to throw away everything you know about the Batman and watch the show for what it is (which is what I had to do to start watching it again)

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The only way to enjoy this show is to throw away everything you know about the Batman and watch the show for what it is (which is what I had to do to start watching it again)
You should have done that anyway. Honestly you should do that for any of these comic book adaptations because you are more likely to enjoy them that way without preconceived notions and expectations that will have you annoyed when they don't line up with what is on the screen.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
You should have done that anyway. Honestly you should do that for any of these comic book adaptations because you are more likely to enjoy them that way without preconceived notions and expectations that will have you annoyed when they don't line up with what is on the screen.

Exactly it's the same as any novel which a movie is created from
You will never see the same story you read is always going to be different because the dynamic is much different when translated to small or big screens

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Although I do firmly believe that adaptations don't have to be exactly like the source material, and I always defend it when directors and writers make major changes. However, there should be some expectation of the adaption resembling of the source material. If not, than why adapt the source at all. You can just create your own thing and call it something else,Gotham is not just making a couple of changes to the source material. They're damn near changing everything. Fox just made a mildly decent cop/crime syndicate show and slapped the name Gotham on it, It'd one thing to make some changes, it's a other thing when the only thing that resembles the source material is the names of the characters.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing I don't like is that the promo totally gave away the kid was guilty because the promo pretty much let it be known he was future Joker. Ian played Jerome is good at playing unhinged and creepy. He also gives a good serial killer face and I was :ehh:.....so I could buy him as baby Joker.

Barbara Betrayed by the man you..uh, walked out on. And left for another woman. And he owes you what, again, exactly? :what:

I am assuming that the hitherto unseen boss man of Mooney's prison is somebody we know, or why bother with this stupid plot line? If it's not the too obvious suspects, Falcone or Moroni, then it must be somebody from that Wayne enterprises board room. Bruce said something about medical experimentation.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Although I do firmly believe that adaptations don't have to be exactly like the source material, and I always defend it when directors and writers make major changes. However, there should be some expectation of the adaption resembling of the source material. If not, than why adapt the source at all. You can just create your own thing and call it something else,Gotham is not just making a couple of changes to the source material. They're damn near changing everything. Fox just made a mildly decent cop/crime syndicate show and slapped the name Gotham on it, It'd one thing to make some changes, it's a other thing when the only thing that resembles the source material is the names of the characters.
It is a show inspired by the DC characters though. There is no one "History of Gotham" story that this show is based on.
And what have they changed really? That people knew one another earlier than in the comics? Smallville did that exact same thing (with far less style or audacity) for 10 years and there was not nearly as much outrage as what is going on with Batman fandom.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It is a show inspired by the DC characters though. There is no one "History of Gotham" story that this show is based on.
And what have they changed really? That people knew one another earlier than in the comics? Smallville did that exact same thing (with far less style or audacity) for 10 years and there was not nearly as much outrage as what is going on with Batman fandom.
I don't even know how a nikka can even hate on this show.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Is Thompkins getting a role in the new Deadpool movie gonna affect the character's status or was it always going to be a short arc?

In the comics the character is supposed to be Bruce's personal doctor in some interpretations but Alfred has usually had the job off screen.