Got that DUI last night.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I'm not a proponent of drinking and driving, but my friend bartends at this place so i was gettin free drinks and she asked me to wait til her shift ended (1:30) :datazz:

Now I knew I was driving so i paced myself, only two drinks an hour, a lot of water. I'm following this bytch back to her crib and I check a text for one second and BAM...hit a pole. Called 911 and cops and ambulance were there within seconds. It's my first (and will be my only one), had to stay in county overnight and all that shyt. I only blew a fukkin .1 it wasn't even cause I was drunk that I crashed it was me being a dumbass distracted driver.

Now on to the thread: anyone have experience with this? It's my first offense and besides a few minor misdemeanors I have a clean record, do you think it'll just be fines and maybe a course I have to take? Community service?
O

By the way I am ashamed that I drove drunk i was blinded by the p*ssy being thrown at me I shoulda had a homie scoop me...so no need for preaching in here. Just want some info on what to expect from fellow DUIers.
Are you under aged?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm not a proponent of drinking and driving, but my friend bartends at this place so i was gettin free drinks and she asked me to wait til her shift ended (1:30) :datazz:

Now I knew I was driving so i paced myself, only two drinks an hour, a lot of water. I'm following this bytch back to her crib and I check a text for one second and BAM...hit a pole. Called 911 and cops and ambulance were there within seconds. It's my first (and will be my only one), had to stay in county overnight and all that shyt. I only blew a fukkin .1 it wasn't even cause I was drunk that I crashed it was me being a dumbass distracted driver.

Now on to the thread: anyone have experience with this? It's my first offense and besides a few minor misdemeanors I have a clean record, do you think it'll just be fines and maybe a course I have to take? Community service?

By the way I am ashamed that I drove drunk i was blinded by the p*ssy being thrown at me I shoulda had a homie scoop me...so no need for preaching in here. Just want some info on what to expect from fellow DUIers.
Well, regarding the misdemeanors, did you get convicted? Do you have time suspended on those charges? If so, they'll come back to you on this one.
Fines? The amount depends on what state you are in.
Community service? I don't know. Most states have a first-time DUI plan that involves time in jail, suspended driver's license, mandatory DUI classes, possible substance-abuse classes, and possibly a breath test immobilizer installed in your car.
If you can't afford one, you can ask for a court-appointed attorney. Otherwise, it would be best to get an attorney. They are expensive but what they can do is, since they've been in court hundreds of times, is to try to get the most lenient sentence out of a plea agreement. That is, you plead guilty and they have something pre-worked out with the district attorney's office. You can try to plead not guilty. You have that right. Your attorney would offer that possibility if your BAC was lower. It is much harder in your case since you blew 0.1 and you also were in an accident. And when you plead not guilty and are found guilty, leniency is out the door.

truemaster

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA, Califas
Didnt call the cops called 911 because I slammed my head and was feeling like i was seriously injured and my car got totaled basically. What I should have done is refuse the breathalyzer than I would have just got a first time refusal which isnt as bad as a DUI. And no, no jail time like i said first offense, clean record...and im white:gladbron:

You're right, but like I said i blew a .1 i didnt crash because i was drunk I crashed because I was switching tapes or checking my phone for the time or something, I knew that there were no cars on the road. I wasn't really even drunk just technically.

Refusal is automatic license suspension for a year or more. But its the Best way to fight it in court or to get it kicked to a lower charge.

Youre gnna hav a couple gz in court fines, Insurance drops u, then costs more when u refile for Insurance. Youre gnna have to pay anothr g for some alcohol awareness classes & ur going to have to do a 5hit load Of AA classes on ur own & show proof.

All dis & u still gtta make all ur court dates or risk gettn a warrant issued. Oh plus 3 years probation. My boy got 3 Of them bytches & had to serve some time. And dont get caught slippn driving without a license & while on Probation, cuz ull b locked up again Fo sure.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Didnt call the cops called 911 because I slammed my head and was feeling like i was seriously injured and my car got totaled basically. What I should have done is refuse the breathalyzer than I would have just got a first time refusal which isnt as bad as a DUI. And no, no jail time like i said first offense, clean record...and im white:gladbron:

You're right, but like I said i blew a .1 i didnt crash because i was drunk I crashed because I was switching tapes or checking my phone for the time or something, I knew that there were no cars on the road. I wasn't really even drunk just technically.
If you had refused the breathalyzer, it still would have been possible for the police officer to get a search warrant and draw blood to get your BAC, which is even more accurate than a breathalyzer. His probable cause to get the search warrant is that you were in an accident plus he he saw visible signs of intoxication like slurred speech, smell of alcohol, glassy eyes, etc.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
A girl I am really close with caught a DUI, charges got dropped. Year later she's in law school. :yeshrug:

The first result when you google her name though is her picture on the arrest page so I guess that sucks. :pachaha:

SEC Hater

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mindblown: You called the cops on yourself? You should have left the scene, gone home and slept for a few yours, and reported that bytch stolen first thing in the morning.

Edit: And you took a breathalyzer? :ufdup:

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps

haha nah i didnt mean county jail i was held in the police station overnight and in the courtroom cells before my arraignment for like 7 hours.

And I know yall are right saying I shouldnt have called 911 but hindsight is 20/20, I got into a bad crash, totalled my whip, and slammed my head and various other parts of my body. Not to mention a cop patrolling drove by not long after the crash happened. This happened before and I told the EMTs I thought I had a bad concussion and didnt get any charges because thecops never had a chance to breathalyze me...that was when I was younger though. I guess I wanted to actually pay for my crime this time as well help me learn something.

Well, regarding the misdemeanors, did you get convicted? Do you have time suspended on those charges? If so, they'll come back to you on this one.
Fines? The amount depends on what state you are in.
Community service? I don't know. Most states have a first-time DUI plan that involves time in jail, suspended driver's license, mandatory DUI classes, possible substance-abuse classes, and possibly a breath test immobilizer installed in your car.
If you can't afford one, you can ask for a court-appointed attorney. Otherwise, it would be best to get an attorney. They are expensive but what they can do is, since they've been in court hundreds of times, is to try to get the most lenient sentence out of a plea agreement. That is, you plead guilty and they have something pre-worked out with the district attorney's office. You can try to plead not guilty. You have that right. Your attorney would offer that possibility if your BAC was lower. It is much harder in your case since you blew 0.1 and you also were in an accident. And when you plead not guilty and are found guilty, leniency is out the door.

I was charged for the incident I just mentioned but only for wreckless driving (also an accident with no other people in the car or on the road). I did community service from that and it's been expunged (i was 18). I plead not guilty (not really i forgot the exact term but basically not owning up to the charges but not saying I didn't, nolo contende maybe?) at the arraignment but only to give me time to get money for a lawyer for the real case. In which I of course plan on pleading guilty.

And I can't stress enough brehs I was fukkED up (not drunk wise, body wise), I couldn't walk and my vision was blurred and all that. Not to mention a cop patrolling drove by the scene like 5 minutes after it happened I think someone in the area reported it. If I wanted to get away with it I would went with the ambulance and not given them a chance to breathalyze me and got a reckless driving ticket (like I did before). I kinda wanted to own up to what I did though I mean driving drunk isn't cool and I feel like I'ma keep doing it if I don't have a reason not to.

edit: the girlie picked me up from court and gave me some sympathy dome/fukking though...so there's that.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
talk to a lawyer and see how likely it is he can fight it. I got one and he got my dui reduced back in the day.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Truth is before you go out drinking or partying you should be preparing the what your gonna do in case this situation comes up....so your not unprepared and making mistakes on the decision making when you drunk and got no time to come up with an exit plan...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. U should have went home, reported it when u got sober an say u lost ur phone when they ask why u reported it do late. U gave yourself an extra unnecessary L here.

Same thing i was thinking!! I woulda went to the chick house... Finished what I went there to do :steviej: call 911 on somebody stole my car!

Family Man

Banned
Daps

You would've been more fukked had you refused.

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
I was advised by my (old) lawyer to do that as it's my first offense...but maybe it's a state-by-state thing. Only as a first offense. If you have previous DUIs and refuse you're fukked. But I'm of age why do you ask?