GoT has jumped the shark and is on the same level as S2/5 - The Wire & S5-7 Dexter - FlabbY & Sick

Daps
Why would she be thankful to Littlefinger when it's going to become increasingly obvious he left her with a lunatic....either intentionally, or even worse, because he didn't know? :what:

Fred.

Because she's home, she's ruling, and she got revenge on the people who murdered her mother and brother. :what:

That was intent all along, and he explicitly presented that to her at Moat Cailin. Plus, she's already thankful he got her out of King's Landing and saved her from her crazy Aunt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because she's home, she's ruling, and she got revenge on the people who murdered her mother and brother. :what:

That was intent all along, and he explicitly presented that to her at Moat Cailin. Plus, she's already thankful he got her out of King's Landing and saved her from her crazy Aunt.
Breh....I see the skeleton of the plan....but all that actually coming to fruition in light of the fact that Ramsay is a nutjob is :patrice:

It's shaky as fukk, and well below Littlefinger's usual almost supernatural foresight and planning.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How is not knowing worse than doing it intentionally?

Because Littlefinger isn't above doing terrible shyt for personal gain....but being completely oblivious, especially for that character, is :snoop:

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because Littlefinger isn't above doing terrible shyt for personal gain....but being completely oblivious, especially for that character, is :snoop:

Fred.

But you framed it in relation to what Sansa thinks of him. Wouldn't she rather he had no idea than do that to her intentionally?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But you framed it in relation to what Sansa thinks of him. Wouldn't she rather he had no idea than do that to her intentionally?

Not necessarily, since the entire plan was hinged on him knowing what he's doing. So if he had no idea of Ramsay's rep how much other shyt doesn't he know about....why would she listen to him?

I'm not saying they'll go that route but him not knowing a major piece of the puzzle undermines his competence.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not necessarily, since the entire plan was hinged on him knowing what he's doing. So if he had no idea of Ramsay's rep how much other shyt doesn't he know about....why would she listen to him?

I'm not saying they'll go that route but him not knowing a major piece of the puzzle undermines his competence.

Fred.
I guess, but uh generally speaking people prefer ignorance of a fukked up situation you put them into over you doing it to them on purpose.

And really, why we acting like Sansa has a ton of options in regards to what happens to her and who she is able to be mad at? She's been helpless throughout. A pawn in other people's games. I guess we hope she becomes more savvy because she's pretty? Or did we think LF actually has feelings and hope he's not that fukked up?

Daps
Breh....I see the skeleton of the plan....but all that actually coming to fruition in light of the fact that Ramsay is a nutjob is :patrice:

It's shaky as fukk, and well below Littlefinger's usual almost supernatural foresight and planning.

Fred.

But again, Littlefinger doesn't know Ramsay on the TV show. How is Littlefinger catching a W regardless of who wins a shaky plan?

We've discussed on here before that Littlefinger doesn't have some master plan. He's just creating chaos and improving his position at every turn. He's had plans thwarted, his genius is in being able to adapt and capitalize. Worst case scenario, Sansa is killed by Ramsay...if that happens, things just got a bit more chaotic. :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess, but uh generally speaking people prefer ignorance of a fukked up situation you put them into over you doing it to them on purpose.

And really, why we acting like Sansa has a ton of options in regards to what happens to her and who she is able to be mad at? She's been helpless throughout. A pawn in other people's games. I guess we hope she becomes more savvy because she's pretty? Or did we think LF actually has feelings and hope he's not that fukked up?

People don't prefer ignorance when an entire plan is hinged on someone's knowledge.

I don't understand why they thought Littlefinger not knowing as a good idea. They could've just as easily had him pull her to the side like "Ramsay is a savage, and you'll see/do terrible things here....but keep the revenge in mind".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But again, Littlefinger doesn't know Ramsay on the TV show. How is Littlefinger catching a W regardless of who wins a shaky plan?

We've discussed on here before that Littlefinger doesn't have some master plan. He's just creating chaos and improving his position at every turn. He's had plans thwarted, his genius is in being able to adapt and capitalize. Worst case scenario, Sansa is killed by Ramsay...if that happens, things just got a bit more chaotic. :ehh:

It's not a W if his entire plan is hinged on making Sansa run the north, and give him credit for making it happen....and then the very first step of his plan she gets raped. Why would she be thankful towards him for setting this shyt up?

Fred.

Daps
It's not a W if his entire plan is hinged on making Sansa run the north, and give him credit for making it happen....and then the very first step of his plan she gets raped. Why would she be thankful towards him for setting this shyt up?

Fred.

I've already answered that question. She's home, she's ruling, she's got revenge on the people who killed her family.

He presented her with the opportunity to go back to the Vale or exact revenge, she chose to go for revenge and got it.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This thread:mjlol:

Its always the same posters:mjlol:

There's been 1 bad episode and 1 weak one. The sky is falling:mjlol:

Oh no the good guys keep getting hurt:mjlol:

Oh I havent watched this season but let me write dissertations on it:mjlol:

People want the climax but dont want to go on the journey to get there. DVD bingers strike again.

Story is only 1/3rd complete in terms of GRRM's original vision. Part 2 of 3 starts in S6 and part 3 of 3 starts in S7 or S8. Chill out

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
she knew she was going to have to have sex against her will it wasn't pleasant but it was understood. You are speaking about the character as if she's been defeated. This whole experience will just harden her or maybe like in the other rape cases the show has had it just gets swept under the rug like it's normal. And since when was sansa a beloved character :why:

I never even implied that she was beloved:dwillhuh:

I hope you're right and she is on some low key murder vengeance shyt. If we have to go through another season of her getting owned and not figuring out how to win this season is on the low end of the series

:beli:

Littlefinger explicitly states what he expects if Stannis wins Winterfell, and it's not so Stannis will help him directly. It's so that Stannis names Sansa Wardeness of the north. If Sansa is Wardness of the North, she'll credit LF with making it happen and will be his ally. If the Boltons defeat Stannis, Roose will be thankful for LF having brought Sansa to help convince the Northerners to fall under them as the Warden of the north and will be his ally. It makes plenty of sense.

Littlefinger doesn't want to be warden of the north (as he tells Cersei) he wants the throne and having the Eyrie and the North in the fold help him move towards that end.

How is four seasons of careful planning thrown away because Sansa got raped? Raping Sansa doesn't hurt Littlefinger's position.

We've already seen with "the north remembers" woman that they couldn't give a fukk about the Boltons. Nothing could be further from the truth - they aren't fukking with Roose and Ramsay even with Sansa on the team. Littlefinger should know this. He hasn't made a move yet that doesn't show him having an out if shyt goes wrong. Why would he blindly trust the Northerners to respect the Boltons in the event they win?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
The characters seem to get more and more inaudible as the show goes on. I be having to rewind the most inane dialogue because it sounds like Klingon half the time.

Daps
We've already seen with "the north remembers" woman that they couldn't give a fukk about the Boltons. Nothing could be further from the truth - they aren't fukking with Roose and Ramsay even with Sansa on the team. Littlefinger should know this. He hasn't made a move yet that doesn't show him having an out if shyt goes wrong. Why would he blindly trust the Northerners to respect the Boltons in the event they win?

He's trusting they'll respect Sansa, whom he believes is the last living Stark. And even if they don't, and the Northerners rescue Sansa, she'll still be an ally to him.

Of the many possible outcomes for LF's plan, most end with a W for him. Like I said, the only scenario that hurts LF is if they killed Sansa. But why would they kill their claim? And even if they did, at least there's more chaos to capitalize off of.