GoT has jumped the shark and is on the same level as S2/5 - The Wire & S5-7 Dexter - FlabbY & Sick

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
LOL@Frank Sobodka being some new age all time great character..guy was boring as fukk. Wire 2 is the definition of revisionist history.
:scust:

He was a great character....mind you I didn't watch during the original air time...I watched seasons 1 and 2 back to back in like a month.

Great character who got involved with dirt all so he can play the 'Game' and get more jobs for his crew. I always looked at him as one of the common men who has to kill themselves at work just to make gains...all that hard work with shyt to show for it.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
LOL@Frank Sobodka being some new age all time great character..guy was boring as fukk. Wire 2 is the definition of revisionist history.

The entire appeal of the show is revisionist history, so that doesn't really mean much. Very few people watched the first 3 seasons when they aired. And the majority of fans got put on AFTER Season 4. Still the GOAT and Season 2 is still great.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The entire appeal of the show is revisionist history, so that doesn't really mean much. Very few people watched the first 3 seasons when they aired. And the majority of fans got put on AFTER Season 4. Still the GOAT and Season 2 is still great.
You see I got put on as Season 3 wrapped up. I won Season The Wire DVD collection from a radio station and I watched the all the DVDs when I was up all night doing work. It was shocking to see Stringer go out like that with how powerful he was presented to kick the season off. Then I used Netflix to catch up with the first two seasons as Season 4 was in mid swing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

It was a dope season.... The story that interwove the docks, Russians, union, etc was just extremely well told man..... It was a slower pace with a different type of action......

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
1*'d this bullshyt thread.

The show is based on the books, you fukking idiot.

This season has been fine so far.. you expect every episode to be hectic and action packed? :mindblown: I want this show to run as far as George Martin takes it.. shyt is piff.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
You see I got put on as Season 3 wrapped up. I won Season The Wire DVD collection from a radio station and I watched the all the DVDs when I was up all night doing work. It was shocking to see Stringer go out like that with how powerful he was presented to kick the season off. Then I used Netflix to catch up with the first two seasons as Season 4 was in mid swing.

Yeah I caught up after Season 3 too cuz I heard them reacting to Stringer's death on a Baltimore radio station. I think they said they were having a RIP Stringer Bell party at the club that night :heh:.I remember trying to watch an episode of Season 2 when a friend recommended it and it looked like some weak Law and Order shyt so I turned it off after a couple minutes (did the same thing with the Sopranos, I saw 10 minutes of the Mustang Sally episode and said it was overrated :camby:...I was still young :snoop:)

but when I finally got the Season 1 DVDs from Blockbuster I was pretty much hooked from the Snot Boogie scene in the opening.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The show has been weak this season but the books slow down quite a bit at this point too. Just think of how much just finished happening up until this point. I know as a reader, this portion was a slow difficult read, but on the other hand, it was good rest from the roller coaster I had just gone throw watching so many incredible characters be killed. Things picked right back up with the last book though. I expect this season to continue to be slow along with the next season.
It's cliché, but this is another example of the books being better than the movie/show.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
powerpuff-girls.jpg

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah they completely dropped the ball with all the Dorne shyt

Every scene in Dorne is cringe worthy

The King or prince or whatever the fukk he is and the Sand chicks suck.The couldve casted better people than them

Also this dumb ass storyline going on in Kings Landing with these religious nuts is probably the dumbest shyt they could've come up with

I dont know if its in the books or not but if it is that weak shyt should've stayed in the books :mjlol:

Instead of constantly killing off main characters they need to start getting rid of these worthless side characters who waste screen time like Brienne/Pod/Bron/Jorah/etc.

Just stick to the main storyline and characters and get to the fukking point already

Dany been plotting on taking the throne for 5 fukking seasons now :wtf:

Ive been hearing "Winter is coming" for 5 fukking years!!!! :mindblown:

Cut out all the bullshyt and get to the fukking point before the show becomes LOST status
Remember we also saw an army of ice zombies... Where the fukk are they lol:skip:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Got to laugh at the premise of this thread now GOT is flabby and sick? The series has gotten progressively worse each season this one is just continuing the tradition. One good season, many standout moments along the way and a whole load of hype is what game of thrones is

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The show really needs to start moving things along
1. Stannis takes Winterfell
2. Cersie gets hers
3.Dany comes West,
4. Stark kid flys
5. Stark kids reunite
6. Zombie War

The show is still very good though. I put it 2nd behind Hannibal.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ramsay was a b*stard for most of his life, Littlefinger specifically mentions how he hadn't heard much about him and that is unusual for him.

Which is unprecedented in the series, and led to Sansa getting raped. shyt is silly man.

The one time Littlefinger is completely clueless it leads to a beloved character catching an L. Massive surprise there. :beli:

Fred.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ramsay was a b*stard for most of his life, Littlefinger specifically mentions how he hadn't heard much about him and that is unusual for him.

That's the problem. Littlefinger is the most informed character on the show, and Ramsay is known in the North for his brutality. But even ignoring this, Littlefinger has been portrayed as a man of extreme caution and cunning. For him to get into this with the Boltons (known a$$holes),not do his due diligence, and give away his most important chess piece while also revealing his involvement in the downfall at King's Landing?

:francis:

That is bad writing. Sansa has been built up over the second half of S3 to be learning how to play the game, and finally becoming headstrong and cunning only to get wrecked by Ramsay. It's one thing for Ramsay to one up her, it's another to show Sansa having all these potential "saviors" + Littlefinger on her side just to get owned so easily. Especially since the tone of Ep 4 was Roose telling the boy to tread carefully. Sure, Ramsay might get his in the end but the arc for an already weak character that took so long to make watchable is potentially trashed. The raping of Sansa just sticks out in an ugly way (not the act itself, just the idea/plot point) because it's so out of place with what LF/Sansa/Roose were highlighting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wow. I came in here to make the same exact thread.

This was one of the only shows I was really checking for. shyts just uninteresting this season. Same old story since the first season. Tired of seing the same people in the same predicaments. You can tell they're just stretching this shyt to have more episodes.

Think ima just read the books

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I swear, some people just want to complain and have no patience to watch one of the best shows HBO has put out since the Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, etc. Like I mentioned in the main S5-GOT Thread, not every episode has to be the battle of Blackwater Bay, The Castle Black Siege, Braveheart-level battles, or Red Wedding-levels of barbarism. Same goes for the Wire, not every season has to be Avon and Marlo shooting up the block and stacking up bodies in their little war....Season 2/Season 5 of The Wire...."flabby and sick"? OP must be getting those burn bags from HBO's The Corner....another slept on series.

Season 2 of The Wire shows the final destruction of the Working Class/Blue Collar citizen and how they've become mere pawns in the battle of political waste and foreign interests in which they are woefully unprepared to handle ie (Frank Sobatka). The Wire conclusively shows the entire destruction of the American Way of life as we know it from every single institutional aspect and how its cyclical nature of the rich and powerful brutalize the weak and helpless. But to hell with Season 2 I know, we all wanted to see Omar rob some more drug lords right?

The season isn't even over yet, give me a break...Maybe Friends or Sponge Bob would be more your speed for the GOT-haters out there...