Gordon Hayward officially to Boston, 4yrs $128M. Announced on Players Tribune

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Getting Rubio was such a dumb move, they need to flip him as soon as they can and give all the time to Exum and Mitchell.

They basically banked on sigining Rubio to retain Hayward, but now it's looking :gucciohmy:

Who's scoring on this team? Favors looks like he lost a step or two out there? Burks is always injured. Hood? :ehh: Exum? :dead:

Gobert need to take it to that next level on offense. At least the Ricky/Rudy PnR could be something to watch :manny:

I.AM.PIFF

Supporter
Daps
What are they gonna do with Hayward, Crowder, Tatum and Brown fighting for minutes?

They should try to move Crowder (+Smart) for a big.

Crowder's contract is a steal, they should've no problem getting offers for him.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
gordon howard ain't no damn saviour. and he will get eaten alive at the forward position by lebron. and he gets paid 31 mil a year..

boston lost . :mjlol:
yes but do you realize that no matter who they signed PG Jimmy or Demarcus or Gordon they wasn't going to beat the cavs anyways if it was just one signing from those four. They signed him in free agency without giving away a nets pick or brown/tatum, they will trade away few of the less revelant players to free up room for signing. That is quite a great move, and the east has to overpay for the talent. Also the guy was coached by brad stevens before so the chemistry will be as if he was playing for celtics all the time, so hey, that's easily a 2nd best team in the east

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
They should try to move Crowder (+Smart) for a big.

Crowder's contract is a steal, they should've no problem getting offers for him.
somebody in the other forum mentioned that they should try to get jamychal green from memphis, they might be able to do it as I believe memphis still thinking about win now with their core of conley and marc. Someone like crowder would help them instantly.

I.AM.PIFF

Supporter
Daps
somebody in the other forum mentioned that they should try to get jamychal green from memphis, they might be able to do it as I believe memphis still thinking about win now with their core of conley and marc. Someone like crowder would help them instantly.

He's a free agent and he's looking to get the max money he can (which some team will probbably offer him). Not sure if it works :manny:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Well if nothing else, the Hayward moves solidifies them as the second best team in the conference. I thought the Wiz were right there with them last season.

Still not a championship team but I dont buy into the notion of championship or bust. At lesst not for every team. Seeing your team wirh a chance at the conference finals year end and out can be fun.

I initially wanted Hayward as a Heat fan but not at 32 mil per :heh: I'd rather be pedestrian for a few years and have cap space for true stars when they become available.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
I hope Isiah is happy with being second fiddle because the days of him being the face of the Celtics is over.

I want them to let IT walk. No way he's a super max player and I don't want us tied to that contract for 5 years. Casual Celtics fans fell in love with him, and maybe rightfully so cause he had a great season, but what he did isn't sustainable and you can't offer him a max.

Danny will be in a tough spot between business decision and keeping the fan base happy when it comes to the IT contract.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
They basically banked on sigining Rubio to retain Hayward, but now it's looking

Who's scoring on this team? Favors looks like he lost a step or two out there? Burks is always injured. Hood? Exum?

Gobert need to take it to that next level on offense. At least the Ricky/Rudy PnR could be something to watch

nah. Hayward wanted them to keep George hill, and vice-versa.
they brought in Rubio, to take gobert to the next level.

they wanted Hayward to stay, but not as much as the media would like to think. theyre really building around gobert.

besides the bigger loss is George hill, who made that team tick. now theyre back in nba hell. but it looks like they have a plan.

I hope Isiah is happy with being second fiddle because the days of him being the face of the Celtics is over.

its still Isaiah's team breh

the real controversy is gonna be how long until Hayward gets passed up by Tatum.

Last edited: