Google Chrome removes support for uBlock Origin, Adblock

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I recently got a new laptop and I gotta stop being lazy and get out of S-Mode and start looking around for a new browser. It’s infuriating that I have to do that but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let Microsoft tell me what browser I can use on a computer that I paid for.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
https://forum.epicbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?id=60206

bg8dbi.png

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Brave is based on Chromium/Chrome. i don't know if Chromium updated to manifest v3 yet or not, but if they do it's only a matter of time before its removed from brave as well. same for Vivaldi, Edge, Opera, etc.

LMAO pretty much every browser except firefox is based on chrome

it sucks honestly
If Brave fukks up, I got Firefox on deck :yeshrug:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Google ads are fukkin insufferable. Seriously if your business is built to run on ad revenue it’s doomed to fail.
Its a numbers game. Google knows that only a tiny percentage of the population is knowledgeable enough to do anything about the ads other than to pay some money to them for some premium ad-free service.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Can't believe people use something other than Firefox.
Been using firefox for the last 12 years but recently switched to chromium. I just couldn't stand the constant scaling issues I've been facing on my linux machine. Chromium seems to have fixed them and they both support the same plugins I use so it was a no-brainer.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Their downfall. They cancelled G-reader, sat on acquisitions for years like waze before implementing half its ideas onto Google maps a decade later. Nobody wants to look at ads. You can't install extensions on chrome mobile and they may ban AdBlock browsers in the play store. Google is beginning to think like a stubborn bureaucratic oil oligopoly. People may even go to Edge. fukk all these tech CEOs who don't have any bright ideas for future products other than to cow tow to wall street investors making their numbers look good
Microsoft is coming.
:demonic:

When they start marketing the new Bing and Edge and ChatGPT implementation...
:wow:

I already exclusively use Edge for work stuff. Personal stuff I still have Chrome. And yeah, I don't even use Chrome Mobile because they removed the adblock extensions on that. I use Samsung's mobile browser on my Pixel 7 Pro cause I can block ads with it.

I just saw that Microsoft announced the new Bing is coming out on mobile devices, they really aren't fukking around.

Google about to block that shyt too
:pachaha:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ever since I switched to iPhone I barely use Chrome on my phone. They keep messing around and I’ll be dropping them on my home PCs as well.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Been using firefox for the last 12 years but recently switched to chromium. I just couldn't stand the constant scaling issues I've been facing on my linux machine. Chromium seems to have fixed them and they both support the same plugins I use so it was a no-brainer.
are you using xorg or wayland? i have an old raedon card in my redhat laptop and i get screen tearing really bad on xorg but wayland works perfect

only prob is wayland tends to crash out to the login screen when it gets confused:dahell: