"Good Times" was downright ridiculous at times

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Although doing so less publicly, Amos also was outspoken about his dissatisfaction with the J.J. character. Amos stated:

The writers would prefer to put a chicken hat on J.J. and have him prance around saying "DY-NO-MITE", and that way they could waste a few minutes and not have to write meaningful dialogue."

:francis:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I catch it on TV One at times and it's crazy how much different you see things as you get older.

I get it. It's a sitcom and we're expected to suspend belief, but a lot of it's content was mindboggling.

- Florida held that family back from the start, especially with all of her self-righteousness

- Why was JJ sleeping on a couch bed with his teenage brother while he was well into his 20s? He always kept a job and a roster of women. Made no sense. He should have bounced a long time ago, back when James was alive.

- Willona having "the kids" leave the room whenever she had a guest. bytch, go to your own apartment.

Last, but not least: Bookman's fat ass always threatening to evict them. Since when did the building Super of all people have that kind of authority? Where they do dat at?

:what: THERE WAS NOTHING UNREALISTIC ABOUT ANY OF THIS shyt.

YOU MUST BE FROM SWEET VALLEY HIGH.
:devil:
:evil:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
JJ's c00n levels were out of control.

I hate that show. James was the only good character, and Thelma was gorgeous.

Last edited:

Crimson_Dynamo

All Star
Daps
My mother watches that show religiously. That shyt was depressing especially knowing how Chicago turned out decades later....

The Jefferson's are where it's at tho.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I often wonder how was this supposed to be a comedy? There been other that are intentionally dark comedy or just flat out dramas that were more hopeful and weren’t as bleak as Good Times.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The show was just as ridiculous as Sweet Daddy Williams' pimp outfits
d86bQf.gif

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JJ should've been cut out the script
he was a fukk'n c00n
:russ:. His presence on the show was somewhat the Steve Urkel effect before the Steve Urkel effect (well we know JJ has been there since the beginning). A popular but very annoying character with a catchphrase that draws attention and boost ratings. Ironically, when he was forced to become more mature and less selfish (albeit subsequently to James’ death) the show never recovered.