"Good Times" was downright ridiculous at times

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If James could afford a place so could JJ. Heck James probably wasn't making that much money either. Plus JJ could always sell his art. No reason he wasn't caking. JJ had no clue how to hustle with all that talent.
Hustling art is like hustling music. Kinda risky. His big break could have came when he painted that bank and showed a happier side of ghetto life. Got corporations to see that and who knows but he messed it up.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Hustling art is like hustling music. Kinda risky. His big break could have came when he painted that bank and showed a happier side of ghetto life. Got corporations to see that and who knows but he messed it up.
I didn't blame that banker for flipping out.:birdman:

It's a bank for Christ sakes..:heh:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Like the aforementioned posters said JJ was a late bloomer even his 20's he wasn't ready yet to be out on his.

Florida wasn't really self righteous she just didn't believe in taking shortcuts or commiting questionable behavior. It kept the kids out of trouble.

I co-sign Wilona that was annoying.

A supers are the foot soldiers of landlords. They can collect rent and post eviction notices even they don't have the power to do so themselves.
Supers can’t do that. You have to be given a court date to show up, that’s posted by process server . Then if you don’t show up or can’t make the rent , usually 90 days after the final court date, a notice is posted. Also I don’t where supers come door to door looking for rent, only an idiot would pay them cash .

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
You talking if JJ was intelligent, think about it, he couldn’t read or write. James had an education.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You talking if JJ was intelligent, think about it, he couldn’t read or write. James had an education.
How he get a job at that firm with Valerie if he couldn't read or write? He even made greetings cards. How he do that?

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
How he get a job at that firm with Valerie if he couldn't read or write? He even made greetings cards. How he do that?
Read the story of why Ester Rolle quit. She mentioned the character of J.J. being a negative force, 18 doesn’t hold a job, can’t read or write.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Supers can’t do that. You have to be given a court date to show up, that’s posted by process server . Then if you don’t show up or can’t make the rent , usually 90 days after the final court date, a notice is posted. Also I don’t where supers come door to door looking for rent, only an idiot would pay them cash .

Different processes in different states/cities and also dependent upon indie or corp controlled. 90 days is a long time, it happens much quicker in PA. And I know for sure that in Maryland, 1 month behind automatically goes to the courts.

You'd be surprised with how many people pay in cash. .It's easier, and there are still a large percentage of people without bank accounts.

BUT with Good Times, I've never liked it. I watched a lot of TV growing up, I've seen damn near every ep of all of the shows, from b&w shows to the 80's stuff...Good Times was the show I couldn't get into. I thought it was bad, even then, from JJ to Penny's mother. I only liked James & Florida, and Ned the wino was a good character lol. Wilona was cool half the time. But James was the epitome of the hard-working man that knew nothing but work, but just tryna keep hold of his family during the bad times. Florida was great as his counterpart. Every other character and situation was trash. Ironically, I liked Maude...and Jeffersons and All in the Family.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is stupid, it's easy to diss after the fact. i bet y'all didn't grow up in the 70s, shut the fukk up if you didn't live in those times, shyt was much different, this was just after the civil rights movement you clowns. of course there was going to be a lot of experimental shyt on tv, i seen some motherfukkers on this site dissing sanford and son too, bunch of ungrateful losers. these are the same people dissing the cosby show talking about it wasn't realistic, now what do we have but a bunch of garbage on tv.

this is the same thing they said about martin, wayans bros, jamie foxx show etc talking about they were too over the top, what did we have now that's superior to these shows? they are all now heavily in syndication because the new shyt is utter trash.

Last edited:
Daps

The show was in the seventies. They weren't really enforcing that kind of stuff back then. Hell, all states aren't the same. I know states like Mississippi that have 3 day evictions where you don't even have to go to court. Just hand it to them or deliver it by certified mail.