Good Luck finding a JOB. Linkedin is selling us out

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
CEO's was just one weak example I used illustrate the point of nepotism.

Which exactly was my point

A more broad and accurate example would be HR or Mid level managers offering their frat brothers or college buddies jobs in other departments.

IDK breh. I work in IT, but typically the HR people will just pass a resume on, but they still have to go to the hiring manager, and sometimes even the director before the decision is made. An HR person can't just say hey, hire THIS person for the job. They'd still have to interview well and be qualified for the job.

The other side? Seeing this stuff happen with my own two eyes. It's just discouraging because blacks are rarely in the position to give other blacks opportunities just because. Those that are often don't for some reason.

That's a whole other discussion that I'm not even trying to get into :whoa:

By the other side I thought you meant from the perspective of an executive.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Even
True, but getting an AdWord will make it a lot easier to get to the top of the SERP. It still is buying your way to the top.
if even if you pay for Google'd Adword service, it doesn guarantee you placement at the top of any search engine result. Your ad still has to be relevant in both context and content.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I get recruited by someone on there almost monthly :manny:

Besides, it's nothing more than an adult Facebook. I use it for free marketing more than anything.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Even

if even if you pay for Google'd Adword service, it doesn guarantee you placement at the top of any search engine result. Your ad still has to be relevant in both context and content.

I agree, but I would imagine the same is with LinkedIn. I doubt searching for Director of Marketing w/ 10 years of exp and a Masters will return results for a janitor with 2 years of exp and a GED.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree, but I would imagine the same is with LinkedIn. I doubt searching for Director of Marketing w/ 10 years of exp and a Masters will return results for a janitor with 2 years of exp and a GED.

But he paid the $29. :lupe:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Not fukkin w/ LinkedIn in any way shape or form.

Also, it's another thing imo to weed out applicants by the way they look (dont make me get into how this can be bad)

Last edited:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I mean I look at it as just a professional billboard about yourself, as others have said. I'm not looking to get a job from there, but if the opportunity presents itself, than cool. I had a recruiter hit me up on there, but it was for a job in Boston, and I was like nah.