Good Luck finding a JOB. Linkedin is selling us out

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
All the halfway decent jobs are obtained through nepotism anyway :shaq2:

Paying LinkedIN to make your profile more visible? $29/Mo

Bosses and CEO's giving job vacancies to their unqualified nieces or nephews? priceless

:pachaha: I can almost guarantee most y'all nikkas in here salty spend more time on the coli than you do focusing on your careers.

Of course CEO's look out for their family, why the hell wouldn't they. But the reality is unless you've exhausted every option in your chosen career path to make yourself the best and brightest talent, then you only have yourself to blame :manny:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
We tell him this shyt all the time in the Anrdoid thread

FYI my last two jobs have been through LinkedIn

Dude always stubbling on some new information and trying to wow people on here like oh man look what I found :krs:

:snoop: this is that same. nikka. He got ran out his own thread multiple times for his fukk nikka behavior.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
CareerBuilder and Monster been doing this in a different form for years. Its not really illegal, so they are going to do it.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
:pachaha: I can almost guarantee most y'all nikkas in here salty spend more time on the coli than you do focusing on your careers.

Of course CEO's look out for their family, why the hell wouldn't they. But the reality is unless you've exhausted every option in your chosen career path to make yourself the best and brightest talent, then you only have yourself to blame :manny:
Salty? Not in the slightest.

I was just illustrating the fact that not all jobs opportunities are offered through fairness.

Me? Salty? :bryan:

Not at all, I've just seen the other side and I've noticed nothing is really fair.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Rohiggidy said:
LinkedIn is trash

Monster is trash

Career builder is trash

I have gotten jobs off monster and careerbuilder. careerbuilder worked well for me quite a few times. lots of call backs and interviews off there more so than any other site I have tried.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Salty? Not in the slightest.

I was just illustrating the fact that not all jobs opportunities are offered through fairness.

Breh, you're talking about CEO's offering their family jobs in the country like THAT'S the main reason people can't find good jobs. You know how small of a percentage that is?

Me? Salty? :bryan:

Not at all, I've just seen the other side and I've noticed nothing is really fair.

There was quite a bit of sodium in your post breh :ld:

And what' this other side you speak of :leostare:?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone else not mad at this at all?

if the employer doesnt like the profile, cant they just say 'next' and skip it?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Recruiters and referrals are big on LinkedIn. A lot of companies are using the site for referral purposes now. And tons of recruiters are actively using the site.

It's far form useless though, because you have to remember that a recruiters job is to find people for positions that they have open. My advice would be finding out who are the recruiters for the jobs/companies you're looking into and shooting them a message. If your credentials are good enough, you'll be doing them a favor, because you're making their job easier by showing specific interest in a position/role that they may be trying to fill.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Breh, you're talking about CEO's offering their family jobs in the country like THAT'S the main reason people can't find good jobs. You know how small of a percentage that is?

There was quite a bit of sodium in your post breh :ld:

And what' this other side you speak of :leostare:?
CEO's was just one weak example I used illustrate the point of nepotism.

A more broad and accurate example would be HR or Mid level managers offering their frat brothers or college buddies jobs in other departments.

The other side? Seeing this stuff happen with my own two eyes. It's just discouraging because blacks are rarely in the position to give other blacks opportunities just because. Those that are often don't for some reason.

I never alluded to nepotism be the sole reason for people not finding jobs.