Good Luck finding a JOB. Linkedin is selling us out

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
yes but its misleading.....they promote the premium users even if they dont qualify for the position. Imagine if google accepted payola for the top sites. We would have a weak system.
Im pretty sure you can pay for a higher Google presence

This is like saying companies that get Super Bowl slots are "using payola"... they are just using the system. LinkedIn is FAR from the only place employers find candidates; in fact I would say it's very low on the list

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
yes but its misleading.....they promote the premium users even if they dont qualify for the position. Imagine if google accepted payola for the top sites. We would have a weak system.

But google isn't obligated to do otherwise though. Nor is linkedin.

I want to be mad, but I can't honestly hold it against them. No one forced people to use the sites.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I always looked LinkedIn as a billboard, not really a place to find work.
its a social network site disguise as a job board. They just added job search to their mobile app lol. Once they went public it became a joke. I get nothing but spam from them now.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I couldn’t believe that LinkedIn was going to sucker an employer — who paid to search LinkedIn profiles — by putting me at the top of the search results just because I paid for it.

“Move your job application to the top of the recruiter’s list!” in exchange for payola of $29.95, LinkedIn said to me.

It might be unethical and all but you have to be a dumb motherfukker not to know that that's what's gonna happen if you pay them. They literally tell you what it is.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
But google isn't obligated to do otherwise though. Nor is linkedin.

I want to be mad, but I can't honestly hold it against them. No one forced people to use the sites.
They were just an example....Its an issue across the board. The job sites are filled with commission only jobs and ponzi scheme jobs. I feel bad for the people are wasting their time on those sites hoping to land a job that pays above 9$ an hour

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Business is business. Linkedin doesn't owe any of us nothing. Don't like them, then delete your profile and move on.
this is the system people are told to use. Thats you saying delete facebook and go use okur or myspace......employers are using linkedin.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
this is the system people are told to use. Thats you saying delete facebook and go use okur or myspace......employers are using linkedin.
I've had 4 job offers recently and not one from linkedin. They are in business to make money, not to just help people. Ask the government to make a version of Linkedin if you want them to be for the greater good.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I've had 4 job offers recently and not one from linkedin. They are in business to make money, not to just help people. Ask the government to make a version of Linkedin if you want them to be for the greater good.
the govt use contractors smh

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
i know a recruiter who deals with google and he got me close but lost out because of the traveling

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The best way to finds jobs on linkedin is through collecting with alumni fro your university and through your university's job board. That's the only way I have seen it work for people unless they're contacted by a head hunter.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The best way to finds jobs on linkedin is through collecting with alumni fro your university and through your university's job board. That's the only way I have seen it work for people unless they're contacted by a head hunter.
Facebook was created for this very purpose for young people. Facebook sold out. Linkedin seems close but we all in the same boat. Your local job board is more effective right now. Professionals with a lot of degrees cant find work