Good Luck finding a JOB. Linkedin is selling us out

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
We tell him this shyt all the time in the Anrdoid thread

FYI my last two jobs have been through LinkedIn

Dude always stubbling on some new information and trying to wow people on here like oh man look what I found :krs:
I was talkin about how he just said, "Imagine if google accepted payola for the top sites" :russ:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
they dont retard.....
Maybe not for web searches but for instance, if you're shopping, more than likely the results for the items that you're looking for are from vendors who have paid to have their items listed higher

Based on your search query, we think you are trying to find a product. Clicking in this box will show you results from providers who can fulfill your request. Google may be compensated by some of these providers.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Facebook was created for this very purpose for young people. Facebook sold out. Linkedin seems close but we all in the same boat. Your local job board is more effective right now. Professionals with a lot of degrees cant find work
Nah, what I mean is if you're in the various alumni groups on linkedin for your universities, they always put up jobs. Also, you can just directly contact alumni within a specific field once you're all a part of the same group and ask them questions. Aside from that, linkedin will email you jobs openings periodically tailored to your interests, but I haven't found that to be helpful. Linkedin's advantage is in the fact that head hunters will often find you through linkedin, but that only applies to certain fields. It allows them to filter through resumes. Also, it will let you know how many people have applied to a job that you apply to through their site. Also, if you're interested in a company it let's you know how many people n your networks are affiliated or work at that company. Thus, you can get in contact with someone on the inside who may be able to get your resume off the pile.

I wouldn't say it's worse than your local job board. That's an overreaction. You can apply forever that way and never hear back and not have a single clue why. I don't get how many professionals being unable to find work plays into a flaw in linkedin. LinkedIn will never become like Facebook which was always a way of catching up as much as anything. It will never add all those gadgets. That's not to say it isn't try to replace it in may ways with the news and following companies, etc. Your local job board is obviously necessary, but I wouldn't count LinkedIn as an evil.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Most SEO methods are shady and illegal, when google actually finds out you didn't get top page rankings the legit way they'll punish you.

And they have ways of finding out

Idk if its "illegal", shady/immoral depends who you ask but in 2013 if you have a site and arent do some kind of SEO, you're doing it wrong

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't think this would effect shyt. if anything it would just make a lot of desperate people pay linked a shyt load of money.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Idk if its "illegal", shady/immoral depends who you ask but in 2013 if you have a site and arent do some kind of SEO, you're doing it wrong
SEO =/= making your website appear in the top links of search engine.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
all these years later and reebok is still looking for someone else to blame for his career status (or lack thereof)

:pachaha:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
yes but its misleading.....they promote the premium users even if they dont qualify for the position. Imagine if google accepted payola for the top sites. We would have a weak system.

They do, its called AdWords. How do you think Google makes its billions :heh: