Going On My First Date In Years - Need Advice

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so, i've spent over three years just randomly hooking up with women, from one night stands to quick booty calls that amount to little. but i've met this girl, a waitress, who i'm taking out on a first date this weekend. drinks, bowling, and a movie. i'm a little nervous, being as i haven't actually dated a woman in years. she serves at this restaurant/bar i frequent, and we're always flirting with one another. i mean, the ice has definitely been broken, but i think the dynamic will change when i'm actually outside of the bar and acting as her "date."

any advice to share? something to ease things? am i over thinking?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ask her if she'll have sex wit you you got a 50/50 chance halfbreed

looking for a serious response. it's not about the sex. sure, if we end up in bed, that'll be great. but i'm trying to make it a night worth having a second date over. i just fear i'm going to come cross as awkward, because it hasn't been my element for over three years.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Shut up. Women love to talk the less you say the less you can screw it up.

Oh your a democrat I hate democrat

Oh you like the color blue I hate the color blue.

Be yourself, ask er questions about herself .

Don't take your phone out, if she takes her phone out leave.

Give one compliment and that's it.

Don't be corny and lose purposefully in bowling.

Always maintain control, look Her straight in the eye always

Delete her number after the first date .

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
If you frequent her restaurant then you've talked with her a ton of times already. The only thing different here is the setting and the fact that romantic intent is a given as opposed to implied. You've managed to not come off awkward to her up to this point or she most likely wouldn't go out with you. Thinking too much is the only way you'll come off awkward now. You've talked to her plenty of times before so there should be ready-made convo just off of previous encounters. Just focus on enjoying what you're actually doing at the time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

thanks. we always look each other in the eye. the ice is broken between us. i'm never nervous around her when she's working. i feel very comfortable around her, actually. that's partly why i'm a little nervous. can i maintain that same feeling when we go on a date? why should i delete her number?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you frequent her restaurant then you've talked with her a ton of times already. The only thing different here is the setting and the fact that romantic intent is a given as opposed to implied. You've managed to not come off awkward to her up to this point or she most likely wouldn't go out with you. Thinking too much is the only way you'll come off awkward now. You've talked to her plenty of times before so there should be ready-made convo just off of previous encounters. Just focus on enjoying what you're actually doing at the time.

this is what i first thought, and it's probably what i should stick to thinking. it makes sense. just continue doing what i've been doing.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just be yourself.
Don't get drunk , do you get nervous when you bowl?

I would have skipped a movie for a first date because that's like two hours no talking but :ehh:

I delete the number because if she is interestedshe will hit me up

thanks. we always look each other in the eye. the ice is broken between us. i'm never nervous around her when she's working. i feel very comfortable around her, actually. that's partly why i'm a little nervous. can i maintain that same feeling when we go on a date? why should i delete her number?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just be yourself.
Don't get drunk , do you get nervous when you bowl?

I would have skipped a movie for a first date because that's like two hours no talking but :ehh:

I delete the number because if she is interestedshe will hit me up

i haven't bowled in a long time. the place we're going has a bowling alley and a pool tables, so we can play pool, too. i'm not going to get drunk. i'll nurse my beer, because i do tend to forget my limit, and i don't want to be sloppy drunk on my first date with her. she's seen me drunk before, but that's when i've been at her bar. we may skip the movie. a couple of friends said the same thing you did. she's a woody allen fan, and i wanted to take her to see the new woody movie. she seems happy to see it, but maybe i'll save that for the second date? (if there is one).

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
ask her about herself... she will naturally show u the way to her p*ssy. if u like the pus n all that... then continue listening and she will show u how to steal the heart. Then move on, because ur obviously a slut and will cheat on her, better to break it off early.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps

Haha some gems in here. :obama:

But on the real if she pulls her phone out wait until you order some food, eat, order dessert but leave before it comes so she can be stuck with the bill. :yes:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
when y'all nikkas get on her asking for advice, do y'all really use that shyt in real life?:dwillhuh:

Some of them are actually good and I've used with success. But I already had a "big brother" figure that told me what's what.