Godfather 3 got a bad wrap

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
It's an ok movie on it's on own, 3.5 stars, Andy Garcia and Michael's ending were really the strong points. I always thought there was way too much going on in this. Sofia Coppola sucked and I didn't like the incest angle at all. And the helicopter assassination I thought was too over the top. I still enjoyed it though.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's an ok movie on it's on own, 3.5 stars, Andy Garcia and Michael's ending were really the strong points. I always thought there was way too much going on in this. Sofia Coppola sucked and I didn't like the incest angle at all. And the helicopter assassination I thought was too over the top. I still enjoyed it though.

I agree with all those points but I can't watch it. I had it on one day last year cleaning my room and even then, I turned it off. There's no energy in the movie and it truly does feel like everyone knew it was a pointless exercise but did it anyway cause like Deion said, it must be the money

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Sofia Coppolla delivered one the of the WOAT pemferoamces, I say that without exaggeration

It still hurts me to think one the GOAT directors ruined this film because of one the worst case of nepotism I'd ever seen

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Coppola should've never went forward without Duvall and a good actress to play the daughter. Also just bad casting, Joey Zaza was terrible, terrible assassination scenes, dude killed homie with his eye glasses. :flabbynsick:Bad movie. Part 3 should be came out by 79. :why:

Could've been the goat trilogy but no....:shaq2:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Finally took this in last night.

I probably saw it as a kid but didnt remember anything about it. I viewed it with fresh eyes after watching part 1 and 2 earlier this weekend.

It was not that bad a movie. I mean sure if you compare it to part 1 and 2 there was an obvious fall off but if you judge the movie on its own merrits its on the same level as King of New York which was a classic. The incest plotline was weird though.,.... im not sure why that had to be there

I think most people shyt on godfather 3 cause of its comparisons to part 1 and 2. But if you think about it, Godfather 1 was a single story told in 2 parts.

Part 3 came out 15 years later had had very little to do with the first two. I think if they gave part 3 a different name it wouldnt be judged as harshly.
It’s not bad AT ALL.

It’s just that the 1st two were mad iconic everyone automatically shytted on 3

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It was miscasted, they fukked over Hagen, who should have been in the movie, needed to be in the movie.
Had terrible subplots, that never needed to be in the movie.
You follow two ATG movies you can't afford to be an okay movie, you have to be equally great, and it wasn't.
So I can't say it got a bad wrap at all, it gets the criticism it deserves.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Coppola should've never went forward without Duvall and a good actress to play the daughter. Also just bad casting, Joey Zaza was terrible, terrible assassination scenes, dude killed homie with his eye glasses. :flabbynsick:Bad movie. Part 3 should be came out by 79. :why:

Could've been the goat trilogy but no....:shaq2:

Plan was never to make it a trilogy. The only reason he did the movie was because he needed a hit. A serious hit. And paramount came calling with the money truck. He says he looks at the first two movies as a complete story and part 3 as an epilogue.

Which begs the question: how many of us actually read epilogues?

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
Finally took this in last night.

I probably saw it as a kid but didnt remember anything about it. I viewed it with fresh eyes after watching part 1 and 2 earlier this weekend.

It was not that bad a movie. I mean sure if you compare it to part 1 and 2 there was an obvious fall off but if you judge the movie on its own merrits its on the same level as King of New York which was a classic. The incest plotline was weird though.,.... im not sure why that had to be there

I think most people shyt on godfather 3 cause of its comparisons to part 1 and 2. But if you think about it, Godfather 1 was a single story told in 2 parts.

Part 3 came out 15 years later had had very little to do with the first two. I think if they gave part 3 a different name it wouldnt be judged as harshly.

Then ending in part 3 is :wow:

But didn't feel the whole church scandal shyt and some of the hits done were :comeon:

Still overall, it is a great movie in large part because of Pacino. Wasn't feeling alot of the cast.

I feel for Michael, the guy seen too much and been through it all.

Godfather 1 and 2 are :wow:

Caught all 3 last weekend :blessed:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I agree with all those points but I can't watch it. I had it on one day last year cleaning my room and even then, I turned it off. There's no energy in the movie and it truly does feel like everyone knew it was a pointless exercise but did it anyway cause like Deion said, it must be the money

This. To this day it's one of the most low energy movies (especially of that caliber/genre) I have ever seen. It shouldn't have been made, they KNEW it shouldn't have been made and acted accordingly. I still can't tell if this was an issue of fan service gone wrong, or a poorly thought out moneygrab....or both.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This. To this day it's one of the most low energy movies (especially of that caliber/genre) I have ever seen. It shouldn't have been made, they KNEW it shouldn't have been made and acted accordingly. I still can't tell if this was an issue of fan service gone wrong, or a poorly thought out moneygrab....or both.

The second. Coppola needed the money and needed a hit. Like his back was against the wall after a string of flops and he was in debt.

I know we give directors and actors a hard time when they make decisions that are obviously money driven (even tho to be real, even the good decisions are still money driven to a degree), but they still have the same issues we all have but on a larger scale. I’m sure most of us can relate to needed some money in a pinch and feeling like our back is against the wall