Godfather 3 got a bad wrap

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Part 3 came out 15 years later had had very little to do with the first two. I think if they gave part 3 a different name it wouldnt be judged as harshly.

It was supposed to have a different name. It was going to be called "The Death of Michael Corleone", but they wanted to capitalize on the Godfather name.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Pacino was just so bad in this from what I remember. He stopped being an actor and just did Scent of a Woman for everything
He wasn't that bad at all imo.. Didn't have too much to work with.

Its a good movie overall but I hated: His son trying to be an opera singer:picard: Him joining Andy Garcia and the family business would've been 10x better, His ex wife Kate still being a bytch, Sofia Coppola's valley girl accent, and George Hamilton being dark orange in the picture

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
but if you judge the movie on its own merrits its on the same level as King of New York which was a classic
way better movie than King of New York (wildly overrated movie)

The Godfather 3 was good on its own, but it was compared against two iconic films. Also Sophia Copolla was not good, along with the incest storyline which was a bizarre distraction.

Also don't understand why the Pope was killed?

still, the movie is about a 4/5 and was actually nominated for Best Picture that year.

That helicoptor-by scene was dope. Andy Garcia was amazing in this film.

Don't compare it to KONY :ufdup:
KONY was garbage

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He fell off but this came out before scent of a woman. Still was good tho, u got this, Carlitos Way, Glenn Gary Glenn Ross,scent of a woman in a 4 yr time span.

People also forget how good he was in Donnie Brasco.
Devil's Advocate and Heat as well.
It was supposed to have a different name. It was going to be called "The Death of Michael Corleone", but they wanted to capitalize on the Godfather name.
that woulda been ill

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
way better movie than King of New York (wildly overrated movie)

The Godfather 3 was good on its own, but it was compared against two iconic films. Also Sophia Copolla was not good, along with the incest storyline which was a bizarre distraction.

Also don't understand why the Pope was killed?

still, the movie is about a 4/5 and was actually nominated for Best Picture that year.

That helicoptor-by scene was dope. Andy Garcia was amazing in this film.

KONY was garbage
I actually hated that helicopter scene. shyt is so out of place and over the top but also I could swore I see the same dudes die 2, 3 times in that scene. :ohhh::hhh:

Couldve been executed better :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I actually hated that helicopter scene. shyt is so out of place and over the top but also I could swore I see the same dudes die 2, 3 times in that scene. :ohhh::hhh:

Couldve been executed better :manny:
I liked it a lot.

Mike thought he was high and mighty and above the fray. He tried to make his money legit and he was probably worth billions at this point. He really was away from things. Joe Zaza showed Michael that he could still get touched, and I like that a lot.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I liked it a lot.

Mike thought he was high and mighty and above the fray. He tried to make his money legit and he was probably worth billions at this point. He really was away from things. Joe Zaza showed Michael that he could still get touched, and I like that a lot.
That leads to the Zaza hit which is also ridiculous lmao. I can't help it, part 3 just missed on so many marks.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Sofia had horrible acting in this. Pacino had gotten older which was the explanation for his shift in presentation...i mean a huge plot point was what he did to Fredo. His son didn't even deal with him over that.

Last edited:

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same way about Godfather 3 as I do Aliens 3 (Directors Cut) both movies are ok but horrible when compared to the first 2