God of War reviews

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If the order was longer and had something to cry about in the story it would have reviewed better.

Hell for what it was it reviewed way better than it should have.

Also y'all gotta go back to your high school debate class. Finding an exception does not disprove a trend or rule.
Why they love Persona 5?

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
so you being mystic meg? you're denouncing reviews and opinions from critics as over the top without actually and factually having touched the game. off course the possibility of it being hype and hysteria exists but to state them as over the top is just objectively wrong until you have touched it yourself, and even then, discounting minority differing opinions (those will always exist), when something is peer reviewed and generally agreed upon to being the standard then that's what it is.

this is elementary logic and basic comprehension

Yes I'm calling it over the top based on past experiences dealing with similar situations across different forms of media. And if me saying it's over the top without actually playing it is outlandish, then isn't it just as outlandish to just blindly follow what Twitter media handles tweet out as the gospel is as well?

Let me keep it simple for you breh, those "game generation changing" tweets from those media cacs does nothing for me, I'll just wait to peep game myself...

On another note I'm still tight they got rid of T.C. Carson....

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
Reviewers love movie games with emotional stories.

There's a reason they turned GOW into The last of Us.

These are really the only games that review very good anymore.

Hipster cacs need to ogle at set pieces and cry about the characters.

Good for y'all :cheers:
The Last of Us is an RPG with loot and a crafting system to go alongside a traditional Zelda style open world? :ohhh:

GOW is far more Zelda than whatever weird narrative you have. Like it's obvious that's influence #1.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it is.

Game has to be a story based, single player action or indie darling game to get glowing reviews.
First off, that is literally describing like... 90% of video games. "Story based" is vague as a motherfukker but since I'm detecting stannery afoot I'm going to guess you mean "third person over the shoulder" games which began exploding in popularity fukking 12 years ago.

Second
Your Source for the Critical Reception of Video Games.

Don't lie when it's easily disproven.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes I'm calling it over the top based on past experiences dealing with similar situations across different forms of media. And if me saying it's over the top without actually playing it is outlandish, then isn't it just as outlandish to just blindly follow what Twitter media handles tweet out as the gospel is as well?

Let me keep it simple for you breh, those "game generation changing" tweets from those media cacs does nothing for me, I'll just wait to peep game myself...

On another note I'm still tight they got rid of T.C. Carson....

i don't know if you are being purposely obtuse or if you genuinely don't understand the difference between you citing your opinion on what's thus far a general consensus from professionals that have actually played the game, without having touching said game, and being opened to the possibility that said industry consensus may ring true until one has actually tried the game by themselves.

nevermind the fact that you comically tried to frame being opened to the possibility that these reviews are reflective of the product's quality as "blindly follow what Twitter media handles tweet out as the gospel" despite me already stating that the possibility of it being hype and hysteria is also real.

this is why i say brehs should sharpen up on their reading comprehension and understanding skills.

anyway

sony got another one :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
I mean, you could literally watch fifteen minutes of the game being played to see that the primary influence is Zelda. You're quoting a piece wherein there are no quotes from the developer about a last of us influence on the narrative or primary development of the plot. If "Father and child go on quest of self discovery and learning with one another" is now something the Last of Us has a monopoly on then half of all films released every year are derivative of it now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hipster cac paradise.

Wiebos relationships and gay shyt.

Why wouldn't they love that :huhldup:
So the criteria for guaranteeing high review scores for Sony exclusives is:
Cinematic, emotionally story driven movie game
Weeabo relationships and gay shyt
Amazing graphics

Anythign else i missed?

Oh and just to be sure, these criteria only apply to Sony exclusives right? :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
ps4 pro gang signing in :ahh: we about to eat brehs

we stay eatin'

tenor.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean, you could literally watch fifteen minutes of the game being played to see that the primary influence is Zelda. You're quoting a piece wherein there are no quotes from the developer about a last of us influence on the narrative or primary development of the plot. If "Father and child go on quest of self discovery and learning with one another" is now something the Last of Us has a monopoly on then half of all films released every year are derivative of it now.
Hey man. The devs themselves said it.

Take it up with them:manny:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
i don't know if you are being purposely obtuse or if you genuinely don't understand the difference between you citing your opinion on what's thus far a general consensus from professionals that have actually played the game, without having touching said game, and being opened to the possibility that said industry consensus may ring true until one has actually tried the game by themselves.

nevermind the fact that you comically tried to frame being opened to the possibility that these reviews are reflective of the product's quality as "blindly follow what Twitter media handles tweet out as the gospel" despite me already stating that the possibility of it being hype and hysteria is also real.

this is why i say brehs should sharpen up on their reading comprehension and understanding skills.

anyway

sony got another one :wow:

I'm not being obtuse... All I'm saying is I've seen shyt like this before.... and I'm cynical regardless of what the accepted consensus from the media is because of past events. Also, I never said it wouldn't/ couldn't be true....I never once questioned the quality....at all. Just made a comments about how over the top comments from those media tweets were.

And Why are you so invested in me not being swayed/ impressed by those media opinions? Whether they reign true or not is irrelevant to me cause I've learn not to go by media opinions regardless of consensus.