God of War reviews

AceAge

Pro
Daps
I don't own a PS4 the last GOW I played was GOW 3, and I've always gone the PlayStation over x box route, but I seriously think all these 10/10 pre-reviews are paid off reviewers because Sony wants a cash grab. That's what I would do if I was a Sony exec. Everybody runs out and buys it and then when they're disappointed like "This isn't as good as the critics said" :francis: Sonys going to be like :manny: "Oh well, what are you going to do, return the game? We already got your money." Then everyone's just going to moan and complain and make YouTube videos like they did with MGS-TFP talking about what a let down it was, but the bottom line is the production company and Sony still made money. This is all about money at this point and they have a great formula to extract it from their consumer base.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't own a PS4 the last GOW I played was GOW 3, and I've always gone the PlayStation over x box route, but I seriously think all these 10/10 pre-reviews are paid off reviewers because Sony wants a cash grab. That's what I would do if I was a Sony exec. Everybody runs out and buys it and then when they're disappointed like "This isn't as good as the critics said" :francis: Sonys going to be like :manny: "Oh well, what are you going to do, return the game? We already got your money." Then everyone's just going to moan and complain and make YouTube videos like they did with MGS-TFP talking about what a let down it was, but the bottom line is the production company and Sony still made money. This is all about money at this point and they have a great formula to extract it from their consumer base.

You are a moron.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Publishers don't pay off journalists for game reviews. The most they do from what I read is invite some press to events to sort of influence them but not outright pay them. Launch parties, early access to review etc. That doesn't mean it will make a game that's crappy get high scores. You see people say this but then there's BIG games with huge hype that gets lots of previews early on, launch parties etc and then come review time flop.

You say they simply paid off reviewers(hundreds of them) then why didn't they do so for pretty much ALL their games? When a big game that has hype behind it come out and bombs, everybody acts like the reviewers are telling the truth but when it's the opposite they get payed. You have cats on here that swear by reviews when discussing The Order 1886, Knack, Killzone, Driveclub etc but when the game gets high scores suddenly Sony dropped the bag?

You mean to tell me Activision didn't do this for Destiny? EA for Mass Effect? MSFT for Quantam Break? Y'all just cynical and have to create silly scenarios in your head to validate your beliefs that a game is actually good. You don't have to believe the hype, just play for yourself. A 90+ reviewed game on MC doesn't mean YOU'll love it. It's just the general consensus.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Publishers don't pay off journalists for game reviews. The most they do from what I read is invite some press to events to sort of influence them but not outright pay them. Launch parties, early access to review etc. That doesn't mean it will make a game that's crappy get high scores. You see people say this but then there's BIG games with huge hype that gets lots of previews early on, launch parties etc and then come review time flop.

You mean to tell me Activision didn't do this for Destiny? EA for Mass Effect? MSFT for Quantam Break? Y'all just cynical.
That’s the internet as a whole a bunch of cynical pessimistic people that think they are giving unbiased opinions. And I thought people actually like the last mgs why is he using that as an example? Even though I have my reservations I’m still pretty sure it’s atleast as good as the last one which also scored highly

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

So Sony paid ALL OF THEM?!!?! :mindblown: How sway?!?!

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I’m not complaining. I simply stated my opinion based on what I see in the previews. The same shyt everyone does for everything now. I even said I hope I’m wrong, as in I hope it’s not like that because the review I watched didn’t address it. Some people like that type of shyt, I don’t. If that’s the case the. I simply won’t say another word about the game. And I won’t come into the official thread to complain like the average coli dude does.

You said it’s getting too many 10’s and compared it to horizon as if that game didn’t deserve the praise it got? Am I wrong? I’m saying you shouldn’t be skeptical because the game got great scores you should be relieved or Optimistic. And what’s with the horizon hate that was a good game and deserved the praise. YOU may not have liked it but it doesn’t make it not good

No game deserves 10s because no game is perfect