God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Anhur

All Star
Daps
I'm happy Christopher Judge won the award he deserved it for his incredible performance, but GOW Ragnarok losing proved my point that it wasn't as good as people say it is.
If it was such a step up of the previous game it should've had a higher Metacritic rating. It should've also easily defeated Elden Ring if it is head and shoulders better than 2018 (one of my fav games of all time finished it 3-4 times).

GOW 2018 was a 94 but deservedly beat the 97 RDR2.
GOW R was 94 and deservedly lost to the 96 Elden Ring.
Make that make sense. :hubie:

I didn't bother listing all of my issues with the game because I'm not a game critic or reviewer. This game does have problems and that's why some of the biggest GOW youtubers were also let down by the game.

The biggest let down was that Ragnarok (roughly 40 mins) was shorter than the boring Jotenheim section of the game and we only killed 3 gods this game just like in 2018. Where were the rest of them? Sif should've also been a boss battle. GOW III was incredible because we got to take down 5 gods and a titan. Expectations were high and they were clearly not met.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm happy Christopher Judge won the award he deserved it for his incredible performance, but GOW Ragnarok losing proved my point that it wasn't as good as people say it is.
If it was such a step up of the previous game it should've had a higher Metacritic rating. It should've also easily defeated Elden Ring if it head and shoulders better than 2018 (one of my fav games of all time).

GOW 2018 was a 94 but beat deservedly beat the 97 RDR2.
GOW R was 94 and deservedly lost to the 96 Elden Ring.
Make that make sense. :hubie:

I didn't bother listing all of my issues with the game because I'm not a game critic or reviewer. This game does have problems and that's why some of the biggest GOW youtubers were also let down by the game.

The biggest let down was that Ragnarok (roughly 40 mins) was shorter than the boring Jotenheim section of the game and we only killed 3 gods this game just like in 2018. Where were the rest of them? Sif should've also been a boss battle. GOW III was incredible because we got to take down 5 gods and a titan. Expectations were high and they were clearly not met.

It was the most awarded game of the night :mjlol:

Like The Last of Us Part 2, its ok to feel like the game didn’t live up to your expectations but its also wise to realize thats a you problem. No amount of fishing for validation is going to change the reception or sales the game received or how other people feel about it. You are just gonna have to live with the fact that it personally wasn’t what you wanted.

No one is going to be swayed by typing more paragraphs. Just gotta stand by your preference and live on that island with the minority

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The nerve, The sheer audacity of what i just witnessed
3 DUDES POPPED OUT THIS DAMN GRAVESTONE. LIKE WTF YALL EXPECT FROM KRATOS? I'M RETIRED!!!!!!! I'm not even gonna waste time here. I know I'm not ready for this fight. Moving on.
I was 0.5 HP away from killing them and died. Them frost & fire orbs are some fukking cheese. :dead:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Svipdagr and the sister of illska are making me rage just off how fukking stupid the design of this fight is. Straight up gank, you dont get no fukking iframes in this game, rolling doesnt do anything, homing attacks :mindblown: Ill get this bytch down to the last bar of health and then a fire ball takes out half my life and this whore winds up an unblockable leap at the same time and the other sister is dropping unblockable icicles from the sky :pacspit: this god damn camera DOES not lend itself well to a 3 v 2 battle royale especially with useless AI partners, horribly designed encounter to the point where Im taking points off the game for this ONE fight!!! Sigrun was pure rage, healthy "git gud" rage... this is that "man this is fukking BULL SHIETT" rage!!!

How do I cheese these c*nts, Im on my Jin from Ghost of Tsushima shyt, HONOR DIED ON THE BEACH!!!!

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Svipdagr and the sister of illska are making me rage just off how fukking stupid the design of this fight is. Straight up gank, you dont get no fukking iframes in this game, rolling doesnt do anything, homing attacks :mindblown: Ill get this bytch down to the last bar of health and then a fire ball takes out half my life and this whore winds up an unblockable leap at the same time and the other sister is dropping unblockable icicles from the sky :pacspit: this god damn camera DOES not lend itself well to a 3 v 2 battle royale especially with useless AI partners, horribly designed encounter to the point where Im taking points off the game for this ONE fight!!! Sigrun was pure rage, healthy "git gud" rage... this is that "man this is fukking BULL SHIETT" rage!!!

How do I cheese these c*nts, Im on my Jin from Ghost of Tsushima shyt, HONOR DIED ON THE BEACH!!!!
Try taking down the sisters first, i cheesed that fight with the spear and exploding tips. Setting the ice sister on fire. Debuff and spam

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I'm 35 hours in and I just beat down
Heimdall

Ain't even touched the main story since then. Found this area called The Crater in Vanaheim and been exploring and completing side missions there. Just reached level 7 and killed 2 dragons so far. Been getting my ass beat too. Averaging like 3 deaths per boss fight. But even the regular enemies been giving me work too. Kratos has consumed so many resurrection stones that my nikka might be addicted :mjlol:

Upgraded my Axe and Chaos Blades all in this one area and I'm still not done exploring it. This shyt feel like a dlc with how big it is and with how much you can do here. :wow:

Edit: Just got my 2nd chaos blade upgrade in this area after beating the final Hateful Draugur :blessed:

Last edited:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Damn nikka ive killed 2 dragons and a drake in this valley and Mimir ass talking bout "we've cut the dragon population in half in this valley so far brother". Tf you mean half?
:mjtf:

How many more of these bytches I gotta slay? I'm tired of dying got damnit. I know Atreus getting tired of drawing that damn revival rune on my chest every time I get my ass folded in the middle of battle.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Try taking down the sisters first, i cheesed that fight with the spear and exploding tips. Setting the ice sister on fire. Debuff and spam
I took down the main berserkee first since he was the most aggressive. Probably my hardest fight in the game thus far, but I didn't feel too frustrated.