God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Man is this game hard or what? Im on regular difficulty and all the damn hateful and boss fights i die multiple times. Basically only beat em when i get the pattern figured out

Only thing i dont like so far is the dialogue. Feels like a marvel movie

You know part of why that is though? Every single character except for Mimir has an American accent. American accents in fantasy sound too familiar, almost like regular every day dialog even when some grandiose magical shyt is happening.

But its not bad imo in fact I think fantasy would be more accessible if it was like that.

Yet they did take alot of cues from the Marvel adventuring format especially with the pacing and the chase/explosion/battle sequences si I totally agree.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game is insane with the extra/hidden bosses.

So, I fukked around and killed all the ravens, since by the time I wrapped the game up, I was only missing about seven of them. Finding out that they're actually the souls of children sacrificed to Odin by hanging is some dark shyt. And then they have the nerve to just drop a dragon on you in the middle of the fight with the Raven Keeper. :dead:

Also found out that the dragon statue in Svartelfheim is a hidden boss fight after wondering where my dragon claws were to fully upgrade the dragon armor. Had no clue that you can use that same relic to wake up the sleeping trolls to fight as well. Between those two, clearing out the Berserkers, and Gna, I'm still busy as shyt.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Second tombstone fight. Should of been a no damage run honestly but they hoed me out my parry lmao. Almost died for that smh. But this is some of the best combat of the game imo. Hyped to see the Sigrun equivalents (though knowing how long it took me to beat Sigrun let me pace myself here lmao)

I'll also say this. First thing I didn't like about this game was that they removed triangle for axe recall. It took me a while but I'm seeing what they were going for with this combat system. Once you get all this shyt down the weapon switching/combos u can do is crazy.

And you HAVE to do the status mixups between fire and ice to stand a chance on GMGOW. It's gonna take time to break the muscle memory built from 2018 but it's for the better imo. I can see myself playing this for quite some time just doing trials and shyt. Especially when NG+ drops. The combat is just really satisfying.

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
This game is insane with the extra/hidden bosses.

So, I fukked around and killed all the ravens, since by the time I wrapped the game up, I was only missing about seven of them. Finding out that they're actually the souls of children sacrificed to Odin by hanging is some dark shyt. And then they have the nerve to just drop a dragon on you in the middle of the fight with the Raven Keeper. :dead:

Also found out that the dragon statue in Svartelfheim is a hidden boss fight after wondering where my dragon claws were to fully upgrade the dragon armor. Had no clue that you can use that same relic to wake up the sleeping trolls to fight as well. Between those two, clearing out the Berserkers, and Gna, I'm still busy as shyt.

Would you say Gna is harder than the Berserker King? I ran into her, got my ass whooped and left to do other shyt. I beat the Berserker King after a few tries, so I'll come back to her. Just want to get an idea if it's another Sigrun ass fight that's unfair :russ:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Curious about how long I have left in the game.
I don't want to google this and get spoilers.
If I'm here (don't open if you haven't beat the game)
Loki joined up with Thor and Odin. Kratos is with Freya. I spoke with the Norns and they said that Heimdal is going to kill Loki. I just finished doing all the side missions in this frozen area from the previous game and now I'm about to start the next main story mission.
How much left do I have?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Loki joined up with Thor and Odin. Kratos is with Freya. I spoke with the Norns and they said that Heimdal is going to kill Loki. I just finished doing all the side missions in this frozen area from the previous game and now I'm about to start the next main story mission.
How much left do I have?
If you just stuck to the story purely, you'd probably have a good 5-6+ hours left. Possibly even 10+. So 6ish if you rushed through all new areas and did good (hardly died or went off the beaten path much). 10+ if you took your time with it.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
GREAT Level/Fight :wow:

Krators and Atreus interaction the whole stage was

james-brown.gif

Fenrir :to:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If you just stuck to the story purely, you'd probably have a good 5-6+ hours left. Possibly even 10+. So 6ish if you rushed through ask new areas and did good (hardly died or went off the beaten path much). 10+ if you took your time with it.
Definitely taking my time with it.
I'm not necessarily scouring the entire map and chasing every single one of odin's birds, but I'm definitely doing all the side missions as they come up before doing the main story missions.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Definitely taking my time with it.
I'm not necessarily scouring the entire map and chasing every single one of odin's birds, but I'm definitely doing all the side missions as they come up before doing the main story missions.
In that case, you could very well have over 15 hours, especially with certain side quests naturally opening up, side bosses and backtracking to previously inaccessible areas. Also, the post game content is very thorough as well so...

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
How much left do I have?
If you do side missions you've got a lot more time to go lol