God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished the main story early this morning. The game isn't perfect, but it doesn't need to be in order to be incredible. Easily one of my favorite games in a LONG time. Probably gonna fukk around with some other stuff for a day or two before I jump back in to mop up for the side quests, and maybe platinum it. Gna pack getting lit up soon.

Comic Book stays with the reaches and obviously clickbait articles/headlines, but this is absurd even by their standards. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Finished the main story early this morning. The game isn't perfect, but it doesn't need to be in order to be incredible. Easily one of my favorite games in a LONG time. Probably gonna fukk around with some other stuff for a day or two before I jump back in to mop up for the side quests, and maybe platinum it. Gna pack getting lit up soon.

Comic Book stays with the reaches and obviously clickbait articles/headlines, but this is absurd even by their standards. :mjlol:

They’re right here in this instance. The GoTG christmas special references god of war, so it’s a video game in MCU at least

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re right here in this instance. The GoTG christmas special references god of war, so it’s a video game in MCU at least

Meh. It's still an unnecessary reach of a headline and article, though. A throwaway joke reiterating that pop culture in the movies reflects ours isn't really worth saying something is canon. Nerd sites are just pressed to feed fan theory culture.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
they def could have made the game a trilogy but i feel like that would have came with its own problems, of stretching the story more thin. Another 30 hours game about ragnarok would have definitely been pushing it especially to just highlight more of the dysfunction around Aesir (i would have enjoyed it but people already complain about the pacing/slowness) and other realms.

Its hard to do trilogies when games take so long to make. Its the problem with Horizon you wait so long for a game and then it leaves you with a cliffhanger that will have you forget most of the plot points by the time the third game is out in another 4-5 years.

They couldve made this game be God of War: Fimbulwinter and had the main antagonist be Heimdall and Thor, and then make Ragnarok the 3rd game with Odin as the final antagonist. Or conversely, I wouldve written it with Heimdall and Odin being the final bosses of the second game, and have the third open up as a mirror of GoW 3 with Kratos going after Thor. And take the time out to introduce Vidarr, the son of Odin who was born solely to avenge him at Ragnarok aka the silent god of revenge. Vidarr ends up being an antagonist that tracks either Atreus or Kratos to the new god lands.